PDA

View Full Version : Need help!

pdawg_shooter
06-08-2014, 03:36 PM
I have been on this forum for quite a while, and I know I am computer disadvantaged, but can someone tell me how to post a pic here from my save pics? Please?

fastfire
06-08-2014, 03:59 PM
I download to my desktop.
Once you open a message go to manage attachments then in the upper right click on add files. after you click on the file you want click on,Selected Attachments: Insert Inline.
I think that's rite.

GOPHER SLAYER
06-08-2014, 04:01 PM
After you have clicked on Post New Thread and written your message, scroll down to the words, manage attachments and click on that. You will get a popup and will see the word browse, click on that and it will access your picture files. Click on the picture you want and then click on "select". You should be back at the popup screen. If you are, click on "upload". It should insert your picture into your post. If you have problem and you feel up to it, P-M me your phone # and I can talk you thru the process. I pay a flat rate for phone service so it will cost me nothing but time. Being born and raiseed in Missouri I don't know if I should do this for a Red Leg but I guess I could make this one exception.

pdawg_shooter
06-08-2014, 04:12 PM
Thank you guys! Post saved and printed. I will give it a try.

gray wolf
06-09-2014, 11:23 AM
I am also having trouble uploading pics from our computer to the Swaps and Sales. We have downloaded dozens of pics with no problems but now, we keep getting a message that the file is not accepted? It's a JPG file.

pdawg_shooter
06-09-2014, 05:10 PM
I to cannot get JPG files to upload. HELP!

foesgth
06-09-2014, 05:50 PM
I have had problems with the uploader. When the uploader pops up you will see in the bottom left it says "basic uploader". I have been using that with no problems. Simple is better.

obssd1958
06-09-2014, 06:16 PM
I am also having trouble uploading pics from our computer to the Swaps and Sales. We have downloaded dozens of pics with no problems but now, we keep getting a message that the file is not accepted? It's a JPG file.

I to cannot get JPG files to upload. HELP!

The forum is still having software problems. Some of the problems are just as you have seen - unable to upload pictures. Some of the problems are also - inability to post in various sub-forums.
I have it on good authority that "they" are working on solving the issues that you are seeing, all we need is patience!!

Take care!

Don

sthwestvictoria
06-09-2014, 06:21 PM
I have also had problems using the image uploader or the basic uploader. As a result I have used tinypic as a third party to load the images. The downside is that the image is not on the castboolit servers so if tinypic closes or folds, the image will disappear.

pdawg_shooter
06-10-2014, 07:32 AM
My screen does not show a "basic uploader". What is tinypic?

sthwestvictoria
06-10-2014, 08:14 PM
My screen does not show a "basic uploader". What is tinypic?
The basic uploader shows up if you click on the little picture icon with a tree just above the reply text box. This uses the castboolit forum software to display your pictures.

Tinypic is a non-castboolits forum way of showing pictures in forums. You upload your picture to the tinypic website and it will spit out a web address you can copy and paste into your reply:
http://tinypic.com/