PDA

View Full Version : .35 cal boolits

Johnw...ski
01-15-2008, 04:41 PM
Well I have given up trying to reach anyone at the Western Bullet Co.
to straighten out my order. I will take my money elsewhere.

Anyone have any suggestions for a good 250 gr. gas check boolit in .358 cal for my .35 Whelen?

Thanks,

John

onceabull
01-15-2008, 04:56 PM
johnw----ski: Gutshot-again (a member here) has several options in 35 cal.boolits listed on GunBroker right now,& Bullshop Dan apparently didn't take a winter hiatus and will surely have several somethings to offer..Sorry to hear of problems @Western Bullets...Onceabull

01-15-2008, 06:26 PM
Will second the thumbs up for both "BM Dan" and "gutshot_again". The bullets that gutshot_again sells on Gunbroker are designed for lower velocities and pressures being cast at 12.5 BHN. You could ask him about other alloy options. Have used bullets from both and they are good folks to deal with.

bradh
01-15-2008, 07:05 PM
John there are some listed on www.proshootpro.com. LeadHead bullets GC'ed.

MT Gianni
01-15-2008, 07:52 PM
Well I have given up trying to reach anyone at the Western Bullet Co.
to straighten out my order. I will take my money elsewhere.

Anyone have any suggestions for a good 250 gr. gas check boolit in .358 cal for my .35 Whelen?

Thanks,

John

I have not seen Jon @ western bullets or been to Msla since last Sept. He was talking about getting married around this new year so may be unreachable for a couple of weeks. His wife to be is a shooter and one of the originators of the phrase "what would Sarah Conner do?" [think Terminator movies]. No defense on the lack of a response, but it is a one man operation. Gianni

hornetguy
01-15-2008, 09:03 PM
I got a really nice brass mold from Mountain Molds a few years back. It was one that he made for someone that didn't pay for it, so I got it at a slight discount. It is a wonderful mold that throws a boolit right around 250 gr, IIRC. I haven't cast with it in a while.
You might check out his website, see what he has.