PDA

View Full Version : Nations Guns Show

Toymaker
06-07-2014, 07:39 AM
There were more cases, bullets, primers and powders than I've seen in a while. This was mostly due to the arrival of a THIRD reloading supplier. Their supply was double the other two put together. They had every powder I currently use. However, they did not have the new powder I want to test. The supplier with the best prices was limiting powder purchases but that was ok with me - helps prevent hoarding. A couple of the ammo suppliers are limiting quantities too. Their limits are way higher than anything I'd buy, but there were limits.

Green Frog
06-07-2014, 08:50 AM
What about 22s? I'm tied up down at Bedford (D-Day Memorial) all weekend, but am curious to see whether the drought is going to be breaking here in VA. Thanks for the report!

Froggie

Brenden
06-07-2014, 09:42 AM
If you'd just grab me a 8# of wsf I could start sleeping again.

Toymaker
06-08-2014, 09:19 AM
There were 22's, however, I'm looking exclusively for standard velocity of which there were none so I didn't check the prices. I think it was the November show there was a glut of 22's. EVERYONE seemed to have some on their table. The big vendors really got caught on that one. I picked up a brick of Winchester lead-head long rifle for $20.

Sorry, Brenden. Can't tell you if WSF as there or not. My eyes were scanning exclusively for Tightgroup or 700X. Pistol powders are still hard to find. Rifle seems to be opening up. Can't say about shotgun as I only use Goex :o) .

The best vendor was requiring the purchase of something else to get powder. Some people find that objectionable, I don't. The second vendor's prices are a little higher and selection is limited but sometimes he fills the gaps from the first. The new third vendor had more powder and wider selection than the other two put together. But his prices were crazy high.

thekidd76
06-08-2014, 09:33 AM
That new vendor in the back also had the big 8# jugs of quite a lot of powders as compared to the other 2.

joesig
06-08-2014, 10:47 AM
I must be blind. Usually when I go I see little reloading components.