PDA

View Full Version : New babes (twin whitetail fawns) in driveway

Idaho Mule
06-06-2014, 11:25 PM
Lagene here (IdahoMule's other half)

I had a wonderful surprise in my driveway Wednesday morning (6/4/14).

Twin whitetail fawns! I don't think they were more than 24-hrs old. The smaller one dropped flat immediately, just like momma told her to do. The bigger one was curious! He wanted to check me out. He kept getting closer and closer. He sniffed me and my camera, then licked my hand! I think the little one is a girl, because she listened to mom. I think the curious one is a boy, because he's naughty and didn't listen to mom.

Our driveway is just a little over a 1/2 mile long. I was on the way to the bus stop with my son. Mom was in the pasture on the other side of the driveway. She was not far away. I saw mom and the babies together later in the day. We have 36 acres of woods and pasture/hay ground. We had mules in the pasture up until Oct. 2013, when we sold them. The wildlife is coming back to our property now. I'm hoping to see a momma moose have her twins here too. It's happened several times already in years past, before we had livestock in the pasture.

My son took the pic of the curious one checking me out. The rest are my images.

Enjoy!

Here is the link to the photobucket folder.

This is a slide show link. http://s1362.photobucket.com/user/LageneTaylor/slideshow/Fawns

This is the folder link. http://s1362.photobucket.com/user/LageneTaylor/library/Fawns

The password is: castboolits

AkMike
06-07-2014, 02:15 AM
Thanks! They are cute little critters.

rondog
06-07-2014, 02:39 AM
Oh, how cute! That one is no fool, he's kissin' up to ya because he knows now that he's endeared himself to you that you'll be their protector for life! Not to mention free chow from the palm of your hand.

rodok
06-07-2014, 06:21 AM
Nice photos thanks for sharing

shredder
06-07-2014, 10:52 AM
Can't see them. I get a message that the photos are password protected.

Bad Water Bill
06-07-2014, 12:16 PM
Make sure you typed it exactly this way.

castboolits

No capitol letters.

Don't ask me how I know.:smile:

MrWolf
06-07-2014, 12:27 PM
Nice pics and what a great experience.

MaryB
06-07-2014, 08:35 PM
Awww so cute... I have a doe that has babies in a brushy patch in the back of my yard some years. Little ones are always fun to watch and if I was still mom would come within 10 feet of me

ultramag
06-07-2014, 11:16 PM
Be sure and keep your shop/garage doors closed. A friend of mine just had a fawn get into his shop and try to hide under a workbench in the corner a couple nights ago. Made for an interesting experience as I understand it.

richhodg66
06-08-2014, 09:41 AM
Those pictures made my day. I haven't seen any that young in a while, but every year during our muzzle loader season in September, I usually see some very young ones and can usually get very close to them and talk to them. They're so funny trying to figure out what I am. Never had one come that close, but I have had them follow me for a ways while I walked in to my stand curious about me. I always hope they get a lot smarter by December when our general season starts when everybody with a rifle is out and trigger happy and by that time they've lost their spots but they're still pretty much fawns.

shredder
06-08-2014, 10:49 AM
Make sure you typed it exactly this way.

castboolits

No capitol letters..

Don't ask me how I know.:smile:

Thanks Bill! The wife and I just had a look and they are sure young. They are so rubbery they don't much seem to care how their legs go when they lie down!