PDA

View Full Version : Midway 22LR Deal

ncbearman
06-04-2014, 03:25 PM
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/847005/cci-standard-velocity-ammunition-22-long-rifle-40-grain-lead-round-nose-box-of-500-10-boxes-of-50

Use promo code; OFFER4YOU add $10 of merchandise and its a pretty good deal even with shipping.

dragon813gt
06-04-2014, 03:31 PM
$30 plus shipping is a good deal? I guess compared to gun show prices but w/ a 1 box limit you can't mitigate your costs.

ncbearman
06-04-2014, 03:41 PM
$30 plus shipping is a good deal? I guess compared to gun show prices but w/ a 1 box limit you can't mitigate your costs.

I got 500 CCI 22lr, and another ingot mould for $55 including shipping. The mould itself was $10 so yeah $45 for 500 not bad. $9 per 100
I don't know about PA but our gun show prices for 100 22lr are up around $20

dragon813gt
06-04-2014, 03:44 PM
If you need it then I guess it's a good deal. I'm glad I don't because I will not pay that price. Bricks go for $50 and are plentiful if you want to pay that much.

Baja_Traveler
06-04-2014, 03:56 PM
Actually, that is the best deal on .22's I've seen in quite awhile. I needed 40 Cal Walters Wads anyway, and I had a bunch of various caliber Jags in my basket waiting for a decent order to happen, so I took advantage. Another brick means 5-6 additional silhouette shoots I can participate in....

Thanks for the heads up!

scarry scarney
06-04-2014, 04:00 PM
I used to like midway. I like the fact that its $39.99 with a $10 off discount. I added two things to the cart, and I'm up to $42 with the discount applied. Then they add $16.89 for shipping. pass

Bonz
06-04-2014, 04:07 PM
I sell computer stuff on the side for pocket money and can honestly say that shipping with UPS or FEDEX is very expensive right now.

osteodoc08
06-04-2014, 04:54 PM
$50 bricks are the norm around here. Up to $75/brick. I sold off some ammo for a BH stainless in 357 mag and have not regretted it one bit. It can be used for everything the 22 is capable of. Primers and Powder are now cheaper than 22 ammo.

jcwit
06-04-2014, 04:57 PM
Really, I'm getting a camp chair shipped from Washington state to Indiana for $5.00 using Fed X.

ghh3rd
06-04-2014, 05:01 PM
The store I frequent on Mondays (when they open their doors) sells the usual .22 stuff like Federal, Remington, etc. for $24.95 for 500 or 550 rounds. The 500 CCI is always twice that at $49.95 -- more than I want to spend, although I do like CCI. They've had .22's about 2 out of three Mondays for a while now.

Randy

osteodoc08
06-04-2014, 05:33 PM
The store I frequent on Mondays (when they open their doors) sells the usual .22 stuff like Federal, Remington, etc. for $24.95 for 500 or 550 rounds. The 500 CCI is always twice that at $49.95 -- more than I want to spend, although I do like CCI. They've had .22's about 2 out of three Mondays for a while now.

Randy

Which is why I sold that 22 ammo and got me my BH. Hoping to replenish that ammo for considerably less than what it would have cost me to buy a new gun. If nothing, it was a brand new stainless BH for less than $150 invested.

Hogdaddy
06-04-2014, 06:06 PM
I have a few rifles that love the standard vel CCIs. Not too bad a deal ; )
H/D

Bad Water Bill
06-04-2014, 06:43 PM
My OLD 357 B H can go BANG every day for a week or so and still not cost me that much.:castmine:

NO THANKS Midway.

Tar Heel
06-04-2014, 07:31 PM
I used to like midway. I like the fact that its $39.99 with a $10 off discount. I added two things to the cart, and I'm up to $42 with the discount applied. Then they add $16.89 for shipping. pass

Bingo! An then with the back orders you get slammed AGAIN for shipping. I am DONE DONE DONE with Midway. I sent them a receipt where I purchased all the stuff I had on backorder somewhere else at FULL PRICE and still saved almost 40 bucks in shipping and "minimum order fee". Midway is RIPPING OFF its customers despite what Larry says about the "cost of doing business."

xs11jack
06-04-2014, 08:45 PM
It seems like the mail order stores are getting more and more of their profit from outrageous shipping charges.
Ole Jack

gtgeorge
06-04-2014, 09:21 PM
When I needed something quick I could count on Larry to get it to me in 2 days even if ordering early evening but since doing the handoff it now takes 4 or 5 so no need to pay more for same thing. As for a $$30-$50 brick of 22....like the others, No thanks!

Bad Water Bill
06-04-2014, 09:25 PM
IIRC When Larry built his new warehouse,a UPS facility was incorporated into it supposedly to speed up delivery of our products.

I wonder how many Safaris he takes on the difference WE are charged and what he ACTUALLY pays.

dragon813gt
06-04-2014, 09:47 PM
Before you get at Midway take a package to UPS and see what it costs to ship back to Midway. Then figure in the cost of packaging materials. Yes, it's true that a place like Midway pays pennies on the dollar for shipping rates. And they pay less for shipping materials because they buy in mass quantities. But it still costs them money to ship. W/out knowing their actual costs I think they are using shipping costs as a profit center. As to what percentage that is we will never know.

Bad Water Bill
06-04-2014, 10:48 PM
Before you get at Midway take a package to UPS and see what it costs to ship back to Midway. Then figure in the cost of packaging materials. Yes, it's true that a place like Midway pays pennies on the dollar for shipping rates. And they pay less for shipping materials because they buy in mass quantities. But it still costs them money to ship. W/out knowing their actual costs I think they are using shipping costs as a profit center. As to what percentage that is we will never know.

Many many companies started out with catalog only sales.

ALL costs for the expenses of packaging (including labor) and shipping were figured in before the catalog went to press and that price was good till the next FREE catalog was delivered to your door.

With todays electronics and bean counter skills I am sure that these expenses can be included if they are not already.

If they are not, why not?

If everyone did that I am sure that we customers would all benefit.

ncbearman
06-04-2014, 11:29 PM
The OP was based on what I can get 22lr for in the area I am in. When you can find it prices are high. Bass Pro opened up and had 100 CCI 22lr mini-mag for $8 but you won't see them at the store anymore. I use that as my barometer. I have not seen anything less than that here. So...............the $9 per 100 I ended paying for the Midway deal is right in line with what I am able to get here. When I can find it. But without the code I gave that would have jumped the price up to about $11 per 100 and I would have passed on that.

I agree about shipping costs. USPS seems to do well with the Flat Rate boxes. I would think the other retailers could do something similar.

MaryB
06-05-2014, 12:24 AM
My guess is midway is tacking on maybe $2-3 on UPS shipping. Out of that pay for a box, packing materials, someones labor to pack and address that box...

2wheelDuke
06-05-2014, 12:39 AM
During the height of the panic, one of the guys I knew from matches started to sell off .22lr bricks that he bought when he first got into shooting. He'd since moved up to using primarily match ammo, so he didn't need bricks of bulk ammo any more. He put it on Gunbroker for $1, and people were bidding up to $75 or more in no time. He wasn't the one setting the price, and it was stuff that was just collecting dust that he bought well before the current climate, so you can't call him a gouger.

When he cut down a surplus cardboard box so that the brick just fit, UPS charged him around $25 just for that one brick of .22lr. Midway's shipping prices seem dirt cheap by comparison.

I just miss being able to get 5-10 bricks to average the shipping price down to more tolerable levels per brick. I'm not sure if I'll buy any of these or not. My guns love the CCI standard. I had trouble getting it long before the panic set in.

WILCO
06-05-2014, 07:40 AM
Really, I'm getting a camp chair shipped from Washington state to Indiana for $5.00 using Fed X.

Federal regulations = higher shipping rates on ammunition.

jcwit
06-05-2014, 08:51 AM
Only regulation is to slap the new label on the box, that's hardly going to relate to a huge expense increase.

mikeym1a
06-05-2014, 09:03 AM
The only time I shoot .22s now are to harvest largish varmints eating my flowers. For the little varmints, I've a .22 air rifle/900fps mv. Everything else is cast and wrapped. mikey

Rick Hodges
06-05-2014, 09:26 AM
22 lr. Federal HP or solid...bulk 525 pack..24.99
22lr. hp golden bullet Remington 500 pack..24.99
Both from Gander Mountain here...on sale about once a month limit 1.
Midway is no deal...rip off shipping/back order policy.....No thank you.

mold maker
06-05-2014, 09:57 AM
Larry didn't go into biz to befriend us.
His idea was to furnish a living for himself and his family. If you don't like the fact that, what ever you need, can usually be found there. it's at your door in a few days. Go somewhere that has shelf stock and pay their price.
O Yeah, they don't have it.
Midway bashing, over shipping cost, is beating a dead horse.
No I don't like Larry's S&H either, but it' a fact of life.

jcwit
06-05-2014, 10:20 AM
Larry didn't go into biz to befriend us.
His idea was to furnish a living for himself and his family. If you don't like the fact that, what ever you need, can usually be found there. it's at your door in a few days. Go somewhere that has shelf stock and pay their price.
O Yeah, they don't have it.
Midway bashing, over shipping cost, is beating a dead horse.
No I don't like Larry's S&H either, but it' a fact of life.

I seldom go to the place that has "shelf stock". But I do go to the other online retailers, usually Graf & Sons. If not the other retailers on line, Amazon or E-Bay usually fill my needs.

Till Midway returns to reality I shop elsewhere. Don't forget he spends bunches of dollars supporting the shows on the Sportsman channel.

Geraldo
06-05-2014, 07:05 PM
Hey, ncbearman, thanks for taking the time to post the link and the discount code.

To all the complainers, if you don't want to use it, drive on. A guy thinks he's doing other members a favor and all he gets is "Midway sucks...". Nice.

bdicki
06-05-2014, 08:01 PM
I just left Wal-Mart and they had Federal Lightning's on the shelf, $2.47/50 and the 3 box limit sign was gone. I left them on the shelf as I have enough.

ncbearman
06-05-2014, 08:10 PM
Hey, ncbearman, thanks for taking the time to post the link and the discount code.

To all the complainers, if you don't want to use it, drive on. A guy thinks he's doing other members a favor and all he gets is "Midway sucks...". Nice.

ahhh, thanks Geraldo, no worries though. It would take alot more than that to ruffle my feathers!

I just left Wal-Mart and they had Federal Lightning's on the shelf, $2.47/50 and the 3 box limit sign was gone. I left them on the shelf as I have enough.

I wish I could find them here for that. I want to get up to about 2000 rounds then I will do the same as you did bdicki.............leave em' on the shelf. The grandson is 3 now. just about time [smilie=s:

Tar Heel
06-05-2014, 09:52 PM

Good point. We love you ncbearman. :drinks:

dbosman
06-06-2014, 05:00 PM
At that price, I'm seriously thinking of selling my ammo and tossing in free rifles.