PDA

View Full Version : Sportsmans Wharehouse

Razor
01-13-2008, 09:11 PM
Had to take my Grandson home and just happened to be close to SW..so...
Very helpful and friendly people...
Some items of interest....
H&R M1871 Target... 38-55....$319....?????(thought about it)
Win LR primers....$23.49
CCI LR....$22.49?
Bullseye powder... $15.49
Primer pickin's was mighty slim, but found SOME..
Inquired about them ordering a Pedersoli Sharps for me, short version.. told me be cheaper to use my FFL 03 'cause they'd have to run it through their 01 dealer..(fee)
and that's if their distributor even had the Sharps...

Razor

I really like SW, too. They have the friendliest prices on powder and primers I know of. I can get Winchester (only) primers for $1/C less at the Big Reno Gun Show, so I get my pistol primers there. For my favorite CCI rifle primers I go to SW. I recently bought a CZ 527 .22 Hornet at SW. To begin with they ordered in one from another of their stores, at no charge. Then they discounted it $35 or $40. When I got to check out they gave me a $60 gift card for buying it during the holiday season! I've been shopping there for over three years and they always have the best selection of guns, loading equipment, and components, and friendly competent help.

454PB
01-14-2008, 01:17 AM
They just opened a SW in my hometown. My son gave me a gift card for Christmas, so I went in to look around. Very impressive compaired to what we had up until now. They have more reloading tools and accessories than any other store around, and say over 1000 guns.

hammerhead357
01-14-2008, 11:42 AM
I like SW for their selection of components and powders and to a certain extent tools and accesories. However the one nearest to me comes up short as far as bullet casting equipment such as moulds and sizing dies. I have to go to one of the local gun shops for these and they all charge full retail. So I end up ordering from Midway or Midsouth or someone else.....Wes

Mugs
01-14-2008, 12:32 PM
We're getting one within walking distance of the house. Can it get any better than this?
Mugs

Bullshop
01-14-2008, 01:08 PM
Having them kinda places within walking distance usualy means you have to travel to hunt or shoot. Call me weard but I always felt it is better to have it the other way round. But I guess yall already knew that bout me, dintya?
Blessings
BIC/BS

davwingman
01-14-2008, 02:40 PM
They have one in Casper,Wy. Every trip I make up there I drop in to see all the displays & merchandise. Very nice!!

MT Gianni
01-14-2008, 03:03 PM
Having them kinda places within walking distance usualy means you have to travel to hunt or shoot. Call me weard but I always felt it is better to have it the other way round. But I guess yall already knew that bout me, dintya?
Blessings
BIC/BS

Rest assured Dan that there are more folks scared to death by not being able to see your neighbor than the other way around. I think you are safe for a while. Gianni

Forester
01-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Blessings
BIC/BS

No argument there...what are land prices like up that way[smilie=1:

Mugs
01-14-2008, 09:42 PM
The back side of the subdivision where I live is undeveloped land that runs to the Prescott National Forest within walking distance.
Mugs

crowbeaner
01-15-2008, 08:16 PM
I sure wish we could get one up here in lake effect country. The Goose Hill is WAAY too steep for my wallet; Dick's doesn't carry components anymore and the little guys have just about all gone bellyup. BPS carries 1# cans of powder, but if I can put together enough scratch I'm going to order from Powder Valley in the spring. I just have to figure out what I really need and what I'm going to use the most of with what I have on hand. Sportsman's Warehouse would really compete with the shylocks we have to choose from.

JohnSmiles
01-15-2008, 10:07 PM
We got one here in Lafayette, IN about 2 years ago.
That has cost me many dollars. . . .
. . . but of course all money well spent!
:drinks:

They got my vote(and my number)

:Fire:

mooman76
01-15-2008, 10:36 PM
I saw a sign here and can hardly wait for them to get it built/open!

Razor
01-16-2008, 12:34 AM
My only complaint is that their boolit casting section SUCKS !!!!:groner:
3 RCBS dipping ladles and a single 3 lb pot !! That was it !!
No alloy, moulds, nothing...
Plenty of Meister cast boolits but Squat for rolling your own...

Razor

Jim
01-16-2008, 07:56 AM
Heard a story recently from the Columbia, SC store. A customer walked up to the gun counter, asked to see a firearm and the phone behind the counter rang. The sales person answered the phone. He got off, came back to the customer and the phone rang again. The sales person turned away from the customer and answered the phone again. This happened a third time and the customer left. He went to the customer service desk to complain and the manager offered to show him the firearm. The customer was mad and told the manager he'd been there 20 minutes and was tired of waiting and left.

Hey, Morgan headquarters, you gettin' this? Their h/q is in Morgan, Utah and their computer searches the internet for anything Sportsman's Warehouse. That's how I got fried for telling y'all the story of the idiot jerking the model 19 out of his pocket and scaring the wits outa' me.

They really do have a great selection of stock but some of their policies could stand a tune-up.