PDA

View Full Version : NOE SC311 165Gr. RF RG4 cavity GC (RD) Does the job on Macropods!!!

Ramslammer
05-28-2014, 05:10 AM
G'Day All
Well I finally took out my new/old 30/30 rifle (30TK) loaded up with NOE SC311 165Gr. RF GC (RD) in a RG hollow point. I can't tell you all how much I like using Swede's molds and especially the boolits they produce. However the purpose of this thread is to show how they worked on the grass thieving Macropods at our shack up the bush. By the way a Macro pod is any member of the Kangaroo/Wallaby family but it sounds good any made you have a look lol.106329

Juddy

Djones
05-28-2014, 06:10 AM
Wow great shooting. You didn't waste any meat.

Ramslammer
05-28-2014, 08:11 AM
G'Day
I sometimes miss but when they're hit they stay where they are. Because we shoot in thick bush when they move you can't find them, so if they drop it's easier.
Juddy

Pepe Ray
05-28-2014, 09:45 AM
Juddy;
Those critters look like part rabbit. Are they tasty? What kind of recipes do you use?
Pepe Ray

NVScouter
05-28-2014, 03:08 PM
Need to change your name to Headshot!

Do they stand up in the brush giving headshots? I'm guessing 50-60 meters is your shooting distance?

Ramslammer
05-28-2014, 04:44 PM
G'Day
Pepe Ray We do everything from hamburgers right through to roasting them. The meat has no fat in it so it's very healthy but we've just always eaten it because you hunted it. As my long dead stepfather used to say "You killed it boy I reckon we best sit down and eat it", his rule stopped you shooting stuff that that tasted bad lol.

NVScouter
Yep they'll run a bit then if you don't stir them up they'll usually stop and look back normally at 60+ yards. I'll admit one of these was about 85 yards off so I lent on tree.
Juddy

Smoke4320
05-28-2014, 04:50 PM
congrads .. and thanks for sharing the pics
one day I will make it to Australia .. Used to sell paintball guns from Mac Dev in Australia .. constantly kidded them that one day I would parachute into their factory ..Maybe :) :)

crawfobj
05-28-2014, 04:53 PM
Wow. Nice boolit performance!

Ramslammer
05-29-2014, 07:16 AM
G'Day Crawwfobj
They are cast with a No2 mix but it seems fairly brittle which suits the purpose. I use the same mix in the 35rem with similar results.
Juddy

NVScouter
05-29-2014, 10:35 AM
G'Day
Pepe Ray We do everything from hamburgers right through to roasting them. The meat has no fat in it so it's very healthy but we've just always eaten it because you hunted it. As my long dead stepfather used to say "You killed it boy I reckon we best sit down and eat it", his rule stopped you shooting stuff that that tasted bad lol.

NVScouter
Yep they'll run a bit then if you don't stir them up they'll usually stop and look back normally at 60+ yards. I'll admit one of these was about 85 yards off so I lent on tree.
Juddy

That rule was my Dad's too. I shot a Merganser(bottom feeding big duck) once.......once!

I really need to get down your way one day for some hunting!

Blammer
05-29-2014, 08:00 PM
Boolit picture? or Loaded round pic? :) please!