PDA

View Full Version : OK, I know I have one Sooooo

TCLouis
05-26-2014, 10:38 PM
Where is it?

We all lament this issue don't we, We know we have it, but have no idea where it could be.

NOT where it is supposed to be.

For me it was the surprise of finding I had a .224" sizing die in my kit of dies, NOT the .225" I thought was there.

I know I have/had a .225" because I have some 225415s I sized way back when.

I bought a bunch or unsized/unlubed 22 caliber boolits last year and now that I plan to size them can't find my die.

How many out there have known exactly where something was supposed to be . . . That is until they went to get it!

Bullshop Junior
05-26-2014, 11:06 PM
I always know exactly where everything is.

Love Life
05-26-2014, 11:20 PM
I know where everything is...until the wife moves it.

smoked turkey
05-26-2014, 11:32 PM
I keep track of everything..oh except for my glasses, and oh my cell phone. Seems the other day I did misplace my keys and found them hanging in the lock in the front door. Whew that was a close one.

wistlepig1
05-26-2014, 11:33 PM
It's in a safe place.:smile:

Iowa Fox
05-26-2014, 11:42 PM
I just found a box of spare parts and conversion kits for the Dillon that I have been looking for on and off for that last five years. Some how one box got sparated from the other Dillon boxes and I was ready to write it off as permanently lost. Thrown out with junk by mistake. Sure felt good to find it. Anymore I tell the wife what I'm looking for that is lost and she usually finds it pretty fast. I think she likes snooping around in my stuff just to see what I have.I've got so much lost stuff I can't figure out why I don't find lost stuff while I'm looking for the lost stuff off the moment.

mpmarty
05-27-2014, 01:10 AM
Getting up in the morning causes amnesia as does walking through a doorway. Ya know you got up for some good reason, you just can't recall what it was.

blikseme300
05-27-2014, 01:37 AM
Buy a replacement and you will shortly find the missing unit.

Whitespider
05-27-2014, 06:57 AM
It only gets worse with age... the last time I went on a rampage lookin' for something I found it in my hand.

dudel
05-27-2014, 07:05 AM
It always in the last place I look.

dondiego
05-27-2014, 09:18 AM
I lose a lot of stuff and it usually has been stolen..........but then, when I find it, it is always right where I left it!

aviator41
05-27-2014, 01:40 PM
Cast an entire bag (about 800) 38 rounds about two weeks ago. Lubed them up, closed the bag and proceeded to put it . . . somewhere. . . .

I'll be darned if I can find that dang bag. Looked and looked. Finally ended up having to cast more bullets to load up some ammo.

I know that bag is somewhere, It's not a small thing, this bag. It's the size of a SHOEBOX - and yet it's disappeared like a fart in the wind.

willie_pete
05-27-2014, 02:03 PM
They say your memory is the second thing to go; I forgot what the first thing to go is.

WP

Smoke4320
05-27-2014, 02:06 PM
They say your memory is the second thing to go; I forgot what the first thing to go is.

WP

I know , I know its ....................now where was I

Joe504
05-27-2014, 02:27 PM

I don't understand how I keep losing stuff

Djones
05-27-2014, 02:33 PM
My grandpa always said he had the lost item "put up". We still run around and say we have stuff put up when we can't find whatever we are looking for. It helps take the frustration out of the situation.

Kent Fowler
05-27-2014, 04:23 PM
It only gets worse with age... the last time I went on a rampage lookin' for something I found it in my hand.

That's where I found my car keys the other day when I was looking for them.

dbosman
05-27-2014, 04:32 PM
The solution is uniform containers that fit in a special rack built to hold only those containers.
If I can ever move all the old stuff into the new containers - instead of filling them with new old stuff, I'll be organized.

telebasher
05-27-2014, 07:02 PM
I had that same problem and while looking at some fishing lures at WallyWorld I found a double sided Plano jig box that I put sizing dies in one side and top punches in the other. Works for me YMMV

jimb16
05-27-2014, 07:26 PM
I know exactly where all of my reloading stuff is! Its in the garage.....but where in the garage is another question! *LOL*

Alan in Vermont
05-27-2014, 07:33 PM
I always know exactly where everything is.

So, explain how you managed to shoot your foot.

Leslie Sapp
05-27-2014, 07:34 PM
I know where everything is...until the wife moves it.

I bought a lyman 358480 mold off ebay last year, thinking it would make a nice boolit for a couple of .38 S&W revolvers I have. I cleaned it up, put it back in the box and sat it on my desk here. It has never been seen since.
In the interest of marital harmony, I've quit looking. :smile:

autofix4u
05-27-2014, 07:41 PM
2 years ago I found a deal on some magazines for my Star model super and bought 5. Tried them all out and found all worked well, loaded all 6 up and put one in the box with the pistol. Put the rest somewhere and haven't seen them since. Sure would like to have a spare mag for that pistol as I shoot it a lot.

GP100man
05-27-2014, 07:45 PM
As long as I know it`s still on Earth all is good !

If I "misplace" something & it bugs me enuff & I get tired of lookin for where I "put it up at" I purchase another & suddenly I`m lookin for summtin else & find what I had "put up" !!

Just remember 1 thing , it`s always in the last place ya look !!LOL

Good hunting TC !!

GP

hendere
05-27-2014, 08:40 PM
I found a Mauser in the safe the other day that I don't remember buying. Now that I'm thinking about it though, I can't remember what kind it is. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

whisler
05-27-2014, 08:45 PM
So, explain how you managed to shoot your foot.
Of course he knew exactly where it was. How else could he shot it?

casterofboolits
05-28-2014, 07:37 AM
I spent a couple days looking for the compression spring assemblies of a couple Star Lubesizers. Finally looked down inside and there they were!

I hadn't used them for about twenty years as I have a Magma Lube Master and was setting up a friend to cast and lube his own boollits. Lee 10 pound pot, 2 cavity Lyman and Lee moulds, Star Lubesizor with CH heater base.

He came over last week to use the Star in my loading room to lube size about 600 Lee 228 RN 45s. Of course it took about six phone calls that started with "Mr. Fred, I've got a question." He is also now a member of this site

bandmiller2
05-28-2014, 07:55 AM
Wives are always moving and relocating then when your cursing looking, they come in all smarty pants and go right for it. I don't throw anything out so I know I got it somewhere. Every so often go through and reorganize your toys, you'll always discover stuff you forgot you had, mini Christmas. Frank C.

Sweetpea
05-28-2014, 08:13 AM
Gee, I thought it was just my wife...

Mumblypeg
05-28-2014, 08:34 AM
It always in the last place I look.

You're in REAL trouble if you keep looking after you found it......

Mumblypeg
05-28-2014, 08:36 AM
I keep all my stuff in one big pile ... that way I kinda know where to look.... it's in there somewhere...

Mumblypeg
05-28-2014, 08:40 AM

I don't understand how I keep losing stuff

How long has that car and Plane(P-38) been sitting there? I have a model of the USS Constitution that I started in 1973 or 74 and it's not finished yet.... most likely won't be... at least by me. It has hundreds of parts.... so much to do.

Joe504
05-28-2014, 09:10 AM
Actually not that long. The pic is a bit of a joke as I am picky about my work area and storage. I am having to completely reorganize my entire garage, and when I took this pic, everything was just piled up in one spot. You can even see my reloading and casting area ;)

dnepr
05-28-2014, 09:16 AM
Yesterday I found one of the magazines for my 22 hornet in my range bag I thought I had lost when I moved , going to be moving again in about 4 months maybe I should put it back in the range bag for safe keeping

gwpercle
05-28-2014, 01:11 PM
In our dining room is a closet. Above the closet is a small door to a smaller closet. Kept looking at it wondering what was in there, couldn't reach it, too high, knew better than to stand on a chair ( I would fall and hurt myself). Had a ladder inside , last week, door was painted shut...went and got a screwdriver , got it opened and found 2 pounds of Unique and 1500 cast and lubricated boolits in there....What a find! Had no idea that stuff was in there.
Yeah...I put it away too.

bbqncigars
05-28-2014, 11:50 PM
I was looking for my small Knipex pliers wrench when I uncovered a box containing the Lee hammer boolit sizers that I'd converted to use in my Co-Ax back in high school ('73). I hadn't seen those in over thirty years. Still looking for the Knipex.

mpmarty
05-29-2014, 12:15 AM
You guys think you got it bad? I've got a three car garage 36' wide by 26' deep and the back wall is solid workbench nearly 30' of it. This is nice as it's where I load ammo. However, a quarter of a mile down the mountain is my 96' X 24' shop where I USED to load ammo. I'm never sure which place to look for any particular item. Go figger.