PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for a Mission Trip

SciFiJim
05-25-2014, 10:11 PM
My college aged daughter is going on a mission trip to Costa Rica this summer. I would ask for prayers for a safe and successful trip. She is working hard to raise money for the trip, but only has four weeks left to raise the money. If you are willing and able to help any financial aid would be greatly appreciated. Her church has a website where tax deductible donations can be made.

http://thewellcommunity.org/missions/global/exposure-trips

The link to donate online is on the right side of the page. You have to put her name in as the participant. Her name is Melissa Ellis.

If you don’t want to use the online site, tax deductible donations can still be made by mailing a check made out to her church “The Well Community Church” with her name on the memo line and mailed to the church with “Attention: Missions” on the envelope. Their address is:

The Well Community Church
2044 E Nees Ave
Fresno, CA 93720

If you want to use PayPal, I can do that also, but it would not be tax deductible. She still needs to raise over $1000, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Anything raised above her needs would go to help the others going on the trip.

More that anything else, I would covet your prayers for her trip.

Thanks,
Jim

Hamish
05-25-2014, 10:29 PM
My daughter is using GoFundMe.com go the same purpose to Guatemala in a few weeks, she's very happy with how the site works.

starmac
05-25-2014, 10:34 PM
My daughter raised the money and went on a mission trip to Africa when she was 18. It was a great life experience for her, and she came back with a whole different perspective on life, after seeing how the people lived and made do with what they had.

SciFiJim
05-25-2014, 10:34 PM
My daughter is using GoFundMe.com go the same purpose to Guatemala in a few weeks, she's very happy with how the site works.

Thanks, I will tell her about it.

HollandNut
05-26-2014, 03:26 AM
good for her !!

in our prayers and will send a few bucks her way

osteodoc08
05-26-2014, 04:31 PM
For anyone that's traveling for mission work, please check out:

http://www.cdc.gov/malaria/map/

Prayers sent. Best of luck to her.