PDA

View Full Version : .30 cal. boolets gift

Hardcast416taylor
05-22-2014, 11:28 AM
My wood cutter buddy stopped by yesterday to gab a little. He gave me a 5"x5" cardboard box nearly full of LEE .30 - 150 Gr. FN boolets as cast out of wheel weights alloy. He also gave me a opened, but full, box of Hornady .30 GC for use on the bullets. Seems he traded away his 1917 Enfield and had no need for these boolets and checks. I had given him a truck load of ice storm tree damaged wood several months earlier. He said this trade should make us about equal! Who can figure out friends that are generous?Robert

Harter66
05-22-2014, 03:50 PM
I've never kept a running tally on my friends....................odds are good that I'm on the defecit end by 75% or so.

Wood for bullets depends on where you are I guess. That'd have been a poor trade out here where folks pay $175 for a cord of cottonwood and 400 for oak. You don't know how lucky you are to have to pay somebody to haul it off.

prsman23
05-22-2014, 03:54 PM
Very nice. Looks like you'll be shooting a while. Unexpected paybacks are nice. Not always about the $

Whitespider
05-23-2014, 09:44 AM
For those that heat with wood (like me, I heat 100% with wood), it's a valuable commodity.
Just as trading donuts, a box-o-beer, or whatnot for a wheel weight score... we trade for firewood scores also.
I'm guessin' your buddy felt he made a good trade, both ways.
I understand you didn't expect anything in return, but that's what friends do... even though no one is (or shouldn't be) keeping score.