05-19-2014, 09:07 PM
deleted

xs11jack
05-19-2014, 09:13 PM
We are very fortunate to have him here.
Ole Jack

largom
05-19-2014, 09:16 PM
I think Tim is finding out just how valuable his new borescope is.

Larry

cbrick
05-21-2014, 07:04 PM
Did Tim mention that great LED light on his new borescope? What a difference that makes.

I need to get down south to see him one of these days. We went to a shoot a few weeks back and I had as good a time as he did just watching how much fun he was having. Anybody that enjoys shooting that much has to be a great guy.

Rick

MBTcustom
05-21-2014, 10:19 PM
BeeMan, it was an honor to meat you sir! I'm sorry I burned so much of our time talking about rifles and such. I really wish we had had more time!

Yes, I have discovered the merits of a borescope and I intend to educate the world on just how awesome it is. Once you know what to look for and how to look for it, it's a real game changer!

Oh and Rick, I purely love the LED you gave me. I'm trying to figure out how to dump even more light into that fiber, because you really can't have enough. LOL!

Bjornb
05-21-2014, 11:02 PM
Visiting with Tim and his family was the highlight of a recent trip to Texas and Arkansas. Yakking about rifles with both Tim and Sgt. Mike (an encyclopedia of military rifle knowledge) kept us up late but nobody complained. I even got to try my hand at running Tim's lathe (ok not really running it but turning the wheels). Yes we are lucky to have a talented guy like Tim in our midst.

gunshot98
05-22-2014, 07:11 AM
I'm not far from Goodsteel and would like someday to meet him and see his shop.

Love Life
05-22-2014, 02:48 PM
Tim does build an accurate rifle, responds to inquiries, and gives you the straight scoop. I absolutely love the tacticool ninjee rifles, and in the world of makers like GAP, SPR, etc, there is a reason my boxes of parts go to Tim as do the boxes of parts from quite a few credentialed and bonafide shooters I know.

Some of these rifles run over $4,000 due to the parts and labor, but they are worth the money after they come back from Tim's house.

dragon813gt
05-22-2014, 02:53 PM
Stop visiting him and taking up his valuable time that he could be working ;)
I'm waiting for him to work his magic on one of my rifles.

Love Life
05-22-2014, 02:56 PM
Stop visiting him and taking up his valuable time that he could be working ;)
I'm waiting for him to work his magic on one of my rifles.

That is priceless right there!!

dragon813gt
05-22-2014, 03:23 PM
Just to be clear since sarcasm is lost most of the time here. I was joking about taking up his time. I am patiently waiting for the rifle to be worked over and I know the wait will be worth it. I'm in no hurry.

Love Life
05-22-2014, 03:24 PM
Good thing you clarified. It would be funny (not for you) if you got a rifle with a bow-tie barrel. You don't offend waiters/waitresses, cooks, or gunsmiths!!

Harter66
05-22-2014, 03:36 PM
I bet it'd still shoot if Tim did the work....

I'll 12th the comments above.

9.3X62AL
05-22-2014, 08:22 PM
I know what you guys are driving at. I greatly enjoy Buckshot's company, but am always concerned that I am taking up shop time when I stop by to drag him out for tacos or rellenos.

Love Life
05-22-2014, 08:25 PM
Did somebody say tacos?

9.3X62AL
05-22-2014, 08:31 PM
Did somebody say tacos?

Thass' right--carne asada tacos, with grated cheese--diced onions and tomatoes--and cilantro.

Love Life
05-22-2014, 08:36 PM
True story: Back in 2007 I almost won the Taco Tuesday at the local dive in San Diego. I believe I would have won had I not ingested those 1 1/2 pitchers of Mexican beer during the endeavor. I love tacos.

9.3X62AL
05-22-2014, 08:43 PM
AL I think Dick jumped in his HMMV and is heading your way you said the "T" word

I'll meet him halfway--there's a GREAT taco shop in Bishop, half a block east of U.S. 395 on Line Street on the south side. Real lard in the refried beans, and the salsa will roast his Georgia innards a good one. It cures the flu and prevents colds for months at a time. Just what he needs, for talking smack about senior members like he does.

Oh, goodness......Taco Tuesdays in dive bars close to work sites. My pet gastronomic Gallipoli.

Love Life
05-22-2014, 09:07 PM
Washington, GA. The town with the big past and no future. However; it is home to the Washington Market which happens to have the best pulled pork in the world. Not greasy and not dry, with a sauce that I would fist fight my brother over. Oh, and it is home to the Big Chick (fantastic fried chicken) and Kettle Creek Arms. <----One of my favorite gun shops in the world and Mr. Gunter has been at the gun counter for my entire life. Seriously.

It is a small town and not much going for it in the way of prosperity ad jobs, but it is about the only place I have history and roots. One grandmother still lives on Pecan street and the other still has the house out in Danburg.

I'm an Army brat as well. Lived in Germany, Michigan, Minnesota, California, and Texas while growing up. My dad was Artillery. Funny because my brother joined the Air Force and I joined the Marines.

MBTcustom
05-23-2014, 12:39 AM
I know what you guys are driving at. I greatly enjoy Buckshot's company, but am always concerned that I am taking up shop time when I stop by to drag him out for tacos or rellenos.

It's true, taking time for clients is time consuming, but that's the whole reason I'm in business. If I cant be connected to my people, then it's just not worth doing.

Besides, I like tacos too. LOL!

I just wish that more people lived as close as Mike does. It's really humbling that someone would travel miles and miles to meet me and share a few minutes, and there is no way I wouldn't stop what I'm doing and give them some time. There's lots of questions I have about the priorities of certain parts of this business, but spending time with the people who keep my doors open is never given a second thought.

Bad Water Bill
05-23-2014, 01:46 AM
It has been rumored that GOODSTEAL has spent just a few minutes listening to OLD folks babble on rather than just hang up on the OLD fogies.;)

And they never sent him even one taco.

Love Life
05-23-2014, 02:02 AM
I'll meet him halfway--there's a GREAT taco shop in Bishop, half a block east of U.S. 395 on Line Street on the south side. Real lard in the refried beans, and the salsa will roast his Georgia innards a good one. It cures the flu and prevents colds for months at a time. Just what he needs, for talking smack about senior members like he does.

Oh, goodness......Taco Tuesdays in dive bars close to work sites. My pet gastronomic Gallipoli.

Long weekend coming up and you could meet Andrew....

9.3X62AL
05-23-2014, 11:08 AM
Meeting the boy is a HUGE temptation, but Bishop during Mule Days is a crowded mess. The traffic on the highway got nutty at mid-week, and continues as such. Las Palmas will be there next weekend, too.

Love Life
05-23-2014, 11:14 AM
I forgot about mule day. Definately avoiding Bishop now. I reckon I'll take the family up into Risue and wander around with the gold pans.

Harter66
05-23-2014, 11:24 AM
I'm spending Fri-Sun at Harmon Res in Fallon and tacos are on the menu ....

9w1911
05-23-2014, 11:44 AM
I was just down in the Owen Valley, up in an area called Swall meadows