PDA

View Full Version : Had some fun with the Avanti tonight.

MBTcustom
05-18-2014, 09:52 PM
Yeah, I've got one. Yeah it's all that and a bag of chips at 5 meters. I was bushed tonight, and I didn't get a chance to go shooting, so I grabbed the BB gun.
The thing I love about this BB gun is that I know for a fact that it is capable of notching out a ragged hole at 5 meters, but the gun is so light, that it takes absolutely picture perfect trigger control and form in order to do it.
If I ever get to the point where I can move to a real shop, I'm going to have a target set up with this gun as something for the folks to play with while they hang out and shoot the breeze......and a coke machine. LOL!
Anyways, here's what I did after I threw my glasses on the bench and focused on the front sight:
Good times!

DeanWinchester
05-18-2014, 09:59 PM
Better keep them glasses on, you'll shoot your eye out kid!!

Nice shooting. That's awfully good for a BB gun!

MBTcustom
05-18-2014, 10:18 PM
On a good day, from a prone position, I can stick five in the black diamond. That was offhand.
I really love that rifle. Accuracy is accuracy, no matter if you get it at 500 yards or 5 meters.
I went to a men's retreat with the fellers from church a couple years ago and this rifle was one of two they had set up for the "team challenge". I got my team together and gave them a crash course in precision shooting, and made sure to shade the sights for each shooter with my hat, and all the shooters on my team shot from a prone position while a helper loaded for them. We did quite well, and I was the only guy to keep 'em all in the black amongst all the shooters, even though I had to shoot for an absent member as well.
When it was all over I shot the breeze with the guy that furnished the two rifles, and it turned out that he had a browning Sweet 16 that needed rebluing. A few months later I wound up with the very rifle I won that fun little shoot with, and there she sits in the OP.
Funny thing is, I never would have given it a second thought had I not been forced to use it and appreciate it's merits.

HARRYMPOPE
05-18-2014, 10:39 PM
When its too cold to cast or shoot 10 meters in the shop I also shoot bb guns in the house at 5 meters.I.have as much fun as shooting "real" guns.my most accurate is a 1980s Crosman 760.