PDA

View Full Version : Retail Range Report

williamwaco
05-18-2014, 06:35 PM
Just got back from a tour of the local gun shops.

I was surprised that primers of all kinds are in good supply everywhere I went.

Seems that the consensus is they should sell for $38.00 per thousand. Except for specialty primers, that was the price in every store I visited.

Powder is still not available. I saw about 20 pounds of various rifle powders ( total ) in 6 different stores. ZERO pistol or shotgun powder.

I did see some .410 shotgun shells for $13.95. That is about half price in this market and they were Winchesters.
Fortunately I don't own a .410 so I was not tempted.

It goes without saying, the only rim fire ammo was 17 HMR.

I am confident however than Gander will have .22LR Tuesday morning. ( They have every Tuesday for the past 5 or 6 weeks.)

pretzelxx
05-18-2014, 06:45 PM
Primers out where I am run 36 per thousand with constant supply. The last time I bought I grabbed up 2k with a 20% off coupon or something. I was super excited, and then I remembered they'll sit there while I wait to buy powder.

I wish I had gander mountain here, I loved shopping there vs cabelas. I would actually buy stuff instead of walk around and take mental notes of prices.

jcwit
05-18-2014, 06:45 PM
Just got back from one of the largest gun stores in So, Michigan. Primer shelves were full of all sizes and brands of primers. Powder shelves were full of Pistol, Rifle, & Shotgun powders, all brands.

.22's? Nope.

Forgot to say

Primers cost $39.99 a thousand, no add on if splitting a brick up $3.99 a hundred.

Powder? All the way from $18.99 to $25.99 a lb.

No gouging here.

Handloader109
05-18-2014, 07:17 PM
Went to my list Friday to their range. Dang I sure wish I had a spot for a range. But I digress. Three pounds of Rifle Powder, two were magnum. Primers for 38 to 45 and shelf full. Cabela's had three Rifle powders, a case or so of one, a few pounds of the other two. Primers full shelf, but almost all 40 to 45 a thousand