PDA

View Full Version : how to get wife to help

runfiverun
01-09-2008, 11:44 PM
took my wife to sportsmans.
showed her prices for l_cast and j-word bullets
wow!
she fired up the master-caster herself when we got home.
she also said that any child who gets grounded gets to either cast or lube
I dont know if she is punishing them or me with this one.:castmine::mrgreen:

warf73
01-10-2008, 04:50 AM
Don’t know about getting her to help (my wife and son both help out greatly with casting and reloading) but I know how I go my Star sizer hehe

I bought my wife a Springfield XD 40 S&W (:-D me 2) and told her we would save money buy casting. Well we got a 6 cave Lee mold and started casting up boolits.
While I was in the garage casting I had her hand dipping the finished bullets and placing them on wax paper. Got the boy involved also he was sizing the lubed bullets down stairs in the basement.
After about 3 ½ hours and close to 2k finished boolits I asked the wife if she would like an easier way to lube the boolits. Well she said yes of course, so I showed her the Star lubber Sizer and she said order it.

This trick has worked a couple other times, it’s how I got the Mec Grabber and Dillon 550.

Warf

mroliver77
01-10-2008, 09:17 AM
You are one lucky guy to have a wife like that, Warf.
J

runfiverun
01-11-2008, 03:13 AM
I already had master caster and star luber
she thinks this is still tedious would have talked her into auto-caster but the price jumped
way too high since i last priced them
but i now have her not trying to shoot the barell out of everything she shoots

Lloyd Smale
01-11-2008, 06:40 AM
i once came home with a gold and diamond pendent and gave it to her on a day that wasnt a birthday or christmas or anything. I told her the only reason i could afford it is that because i cast and load i had money left over that would have been spent on ammo if i didnt. shes never bitched about anyting ive bought since and will even give me a hand priming cases when i do small batches of brass in the house and even got her to cook up a batch of felix lube once when my back wouldnt allow me too. It was a cheap price to pay for all the understanding i get now. I think its starting to wear off though. I might have to make another trip to the jeweler this year.

Lead melter
01-11-2008, 06:45 AM
I think it was William Shakespeare who said, "Oh what a wicked web we weave when first we practice to deceive." But if it works, run with it like a scalded cat.

spurgon
01-11-2008, 11:25 AM
Does she have a sister?
spurgon

armoredman
01-11-2008, 11:26 AM
lloyd, I like that, gotta try it sometime...when I have saved that much money!

colbyjack
01-11-2008, 11:46 AM
my old lady helps me pump out bullets on the sqaure deal, topless too..... naa just kidding but she does load the bullets for me. all it took was me to break down and buy her a coach purse. fair trade i guess. -chris