PDA

View Full Version : Funny how things work.

starmac
05-15-2014, 03:33 AM
The wife has mentioned a few times that her stove needed leveling, but you never get around to that sort of thing. The food was always good.
For some odd reason she thinks my 2500 lube doesn't smell good, it smells good to me, but I usually do the pan lubing thing while she is out of the house, just being a nice guy, plus I kind of like her cooking. lol
She has been out of state for a few weeks, so I have been catching up on lubing some. I try usually unsuccessfully to get just the right amount of lube in the pan to cover the grooves. I got it perfect today except for the fricken stove needed leveled. I wonder how long it will take her to realize that I leveled the stove just for her. lol

Stephen Cohen
05-15-2014, 05:26 AM
I would never call you a liar I believe you did it just for her, on the other hand your wife will see right through it and say your full of it. We men just have to stop thinking we can out think a woman god love them.

leftiye
05-15-2014, 08:16 AM
Yeah, they're smarter than us.

41magjh
05-15-2014, 08:22 AM
Starmac : Honey the stove is level now
Wife : Thanks (sniff sniff ) how did u level it
Starmac: Leveled it with a panlube leveling tool

Think that will work for her. But we know the truth

Hamish
05-15-2014, 09:08 AM
Bet'cha a bisquit that it being level subconciously puts her off her game and bothers her at first,,,,,,

Parson
05-15-2014, 09:17 AM
Gentlemen, enjoy your wives while you can, go overboard and even spoil them because for some it won't last for ever. When old age begins to set in ( for some earlier than others), after an heart attack, meds alter their personality, things can get very hard to handle, the good old days are gone till we get to Glory

eveready
05-15-2014, 09:25 AM
Parson
Amen to that

jeepyj
05-15-2014, 09:48 AM
I for one think that was nicely played. Actually kinda sounds like something I would do.
Jeepyj

osteodoc08
05-15-2014, 09:51 AM
Gentlemen, enjoy your wives while you can, go overboard and even spoil them because for some it won't last for ever. When old age begins to set in ( for some earlier than others), after an heart attack, meds alter their personality, things can get very hard to handle, the good old days are gone till we get to Glory

Amen to that. Matter of fact, I've got finger nail polish to rub off right now after painting her toe nails last night. She was having a hard time reaching them now that shes preggers.

Yes, women are smarter than us. Even when they allow us to think otherwise they are 2-3 steps ahead. LOL.

searcher4851
05-15-2014, 10:47 AM
Nice try. I know you're just an old softie and really DID level it for her. Of course you didn't do it right away, but once you were able to independently verify (by your pan lubing effort) that it was out of level, you felt justified in leveling for her.

Me, I probably would have just propped up the edge of the pan I was using, gone about my business and that would be the end of it. (I wonder if that's why I'm divorced) lol