PDA

View Full Version : My son is in trouble.

starmac
05-14-2014, 09:39 PM
You guys would have to know him to understand this. He is a big strapping kid, USUALLY with a good head on his shoulders, and can hold his own in most situations, but it seems like he has goofed up.

I ran into my DIL at the store a little while ago, and she asked if he had called this morning. I told her that I saw him yesterday, but hadn't heard from him today, but hadn't expected to either. lol

It seems like yesterday evening he traded her carry gun off on a quad. lol Now that isn't too bad, but she informed me that she told him when he started considering the trade, that he had better get a hold of me FIRST thing this morning to tell me to find her another one. lol

I guess he isn't really in a bind, but it is a good thing it is summer time, them doghouses are down right miserable in fairbanks in the winter. lol
A kids just has to learn the hard way it seems. lol

rondog
05-14-2014, 09:48 PM
Oh my, he traded his wife's gun for a toy for himself?

Back away Dad, he earned this mess!

Bullshop
05-14-2014, 09:55 PM
The only way out of this is to buy her a better gun than she had and call the quad hers. The skeeters can get petty bad in the dog house this time of year.

petroid
05-14-2014, 09:58 PM
By the title of the thread I thought maybe he had been arrested or abducted or injured. But no...it's much worse.

pretzelxx
05-14-2014, 10:02 PM
I don't think I could ever do that. Mostly out of fear, but a little because that's just mean. I think he'll survive the cold, it can't be that long can it?

starmac
05-14-2014, 10:03 PM
The only way out of this is to buy her a better gun than she had and call the quad hers. The skeeters can get petty bad in the dog house this time of year.

You are not going to believe this, but he called wanting to buy my mosquito magnet. I didn't connect the two. lol

Idaho Mule
05-14-2014, 10:07 PM
He needs to learn to cover his tracks better. JW

David2011
05-14-2014, 10:08 PM
Stupid is as stupid does?

jsizemore
05-14-2014, 10:17 PM
He can't be too dumb.Now she doesn't have a gun to use on him.

starmac
05-14-2014, 10:18 PM
I gave my wife a 10/22 36 years ago for our first anniversary present. 36 years later she still claims it as hers, and she still has it, so he didn't get that from me. lol

bayjoe
05-14-2014, 10:19 PM
I agree with Rondog. Back far far away

Mumblypeg
05-14-2014, 10:46 PM
Skeeters? I don't know if you have black flies or not but in Canada they are a LOT meaner than any skeeter!

MaryB
05-14-2014, 10:54 PM
Oh yeah black flies are ugly here in MN way worse than mosquito bites, they HURT and leave blood spots.

BruceB
05-14-2014, 11:09 PM
Black flies! One of the things I do NOT miss about living in the Canadian bush. Ever hear "The Black Fly Song"? A catchy little tune that comes to mind every once in a while:

I think it was written by someone who had some experience with the critters:

"The black fly,

The little black fly,

I'll die with the black fly pickin' my bones

In North Ontar-i-o-i-o,

In North Ontar-i-o."

I'm gonna check You tube right now...it MIGHT be on there.

EDIT: It IS on there! Search for 'Black Fly Song" and select the first "hit" tat comes up/ It's accompnied by a umorous cartoon video.... I hope you understand the Canadian accent.

The "Little Abitibi" is a river in northern Ontario that flows into Hudson's Bay....as opposed to the Abitibi River proper, which is a larger version.

Enjoy,

JeffinNZ
05-14-2014, 11:58 PM
Oh dear. I think you should relocate him immediately save a murder. My loft is free.

Petrol & Powder
05-15-2014, 07:13 AM
By the title of the thread I thought maybe he had been arrested or abducted or injured. But no...it's much worse.

Much worse indeed

jeepyj
05-15-2014, 08:50 AM
Sounds more like she now has a quad. I wonder if she'll let him use it. Your boy better hope the misses doesn't start trading his stuff for the toys of her choice. That's likely what my wife would do to set her point.
Jeepyj

skeet1
05-15-2014, 09:01 AM
I hope the dog will let him in.

Ken

Hickok
05-15-2014, 01:46 PM
Reminds me of the Italian father who gave his son a pistol as a gift. Later the son sold the pistol to buy a nice watch, and went and told his father of the great deal he had made.

The father angrily said, "Whata are you, soma kinda nut! Whata you gonna do if you coma home and catcha you wife in bed with another man, "You gonna say, "Hey you, that's enough, time's up!"

starmac
05-15-2014, 02:18 PM
I am betting he comes up with her another carry gun pretty pronto. lol
The quad is not a 4x4, so he must have got a steal on it to turn some bucks, it won't be something he would keep.

osteodoc08
05-15-2014, 03:18 PM
Any quad that is traded straight across for a CCW must not be in that great a shape. I wonder what was exactly traded. Any details Starmac?

And any reprecussions he gets are of his own doing.

wv109323
05-15-2014, 03:30 PM
If momma ain't happy nobody is happy.

DougGuy
05-15-2014, 03:51 PM
As a sure fire pennance, he should be made to come in here and write a reply to every post in this thread, it would be SO much more effective than writing "I will NOT pi$$ Mama off ever again!" a thousand times! :bigsmyl2:

starmac
05-15-2014, 04:12 PM
AH C'mon guys you have to keep them gals fired up a little, it just keeps things interesting. lol

bikerbeans
05-15-2014, 04:13 PM
I am fairly sure that if I traded Momma's P238 I would be forced to replace it with a far more expensive handgun. Starmac, sounds to me like the loser here will be your gun collection.

BB

starmac
05-15-2014, 04:43 PM
Not hardly for several reasons. 1 I do not do semi auto's and that is what she prefers. 2 She is way too little to conceal any handgun I am likely to own. lol 3 they both like the 40 cal, something I just have no need for, so have not even played with.

I am certain that he will pick her up something pretty quick, one reason I'm certain, is she probably has his, leaving him without as we speak. lol

Fishman
05-15-2014, 04:48 PM
This thread is hilarious. But back to work for me. :)

starmac
05-15-2014, 05:02 PM
Any quad that is traded straight across for a CCW must not be in that great a shape. I wonder what was exactly traded. Any details Starmac?

And any reprecussions he gets are of his own doing.

I do not have any of the details, except for it is some sort of high performance 2 wheel drive quad, that he has no use for other than to make a buck. I do know that it would be something he would double or triple his money on or he would never have messed with it. He has new quads and dirtbikes both that are his keepers, so this is just something to make a buck on, which is normal dealings for him.

Pb2au
05-15-2014, 07:32 PM
Oh yeah, he landed himself in a jackpot......
Hopefully he will learn from this experience..I'm certain it will never be forgotten by the offended party. :-P

xs11jack
05-15-2014, 10:38 PM
Where is his head anyway. That quad will depreciate everyday he owns it. A decent gun will appreciate everyday She owns it.
Ole Jack

starmac
05-15-2014, 10:47 PM
His head is where it is suppose to be, I would be willing to bet that quad puts a 1,000 profit or better in his pocket in a week or less. He didn't trade for it to depreciate. I don't know the deal, but I'm betting some one was hard up to get rid of it.

TXGunNut
05-15-2014, 11:22 PM
Sounds like maybe he'll get away with it IF he plays his cards right. Any woman onery enough to put up with me wouldn't let me get away with it, I'd be forced to come up with cash or my own trading material.

MaryB
05-16-2014, 01:14 AM
I have done deals like that, guy was moving, needed cash fast. He was asking $35 for a sears radial arm saw so I bought it. Nothing fancy but it filled a hole in my power tool collection and I needed one

starmac
05-18-2014, 08:22 PM
Well I finally talked to him today, it turns out that he didn't trade her pistol off after all, he wound up trading a 1911 and cheap shotgun he had picked up, both were strictly trading material, instead of his keepers.

TXGunNut
05-18-2014, 11:27 PM
Glad he used his trading material. Can't say for sure about your daughter-in-law's carry gun but mine are keepers, not trading material.