PDA

View Full Version : Those prayers must be working, Keep em' coming.....

2HighSpeed
05-14-2014, 06:46 PM
The civillian life...... Oh my it is wonderful.
April 18th. Thats the day the army no longer had control over my husband or our family. He got out with a honorable. But, The chapter was a 14-12B. We are fighting that now. And even though fighting it is stressfull, Its really bearable when you dont have the military threatening you for fighting.
We filed for VA, and SSDI and some caregiver thing. The VA ER told me I am not to leave him alone as he is danger to himself. Which maybe he is but I guess Im so used to "him" that I dont see the "danger" part of him. Military withheld his pay for March 1 and 15 and April 1 and 15. We dont know why, and no one will give us awnsers. We filed a congressional, Hopefully that gets somewhere.
We are now in Clarksville, And my oh my is it beautiful here, and warm, and peaceful, And all the things that its NOT when you live on a army base.
Lastly, And most inportantly, The VA ER flipped sh*t when they found out Cory had been abruptly stopped on his medications. They restarted him on everything he was on in Texas. He sleeps now. Its wonderful. I can talk to him and he can actually understand most of it. Thats wonderful too. The best part, He is actually engaging our children and not just pushing them off because he cant deal with them.
Keep those prayers coming, I think they are why life hasnt turned completely upside down for us yet.

2HighSpeed
05-14-2014, 07:02 PM
Oh and another thing. Someone at the VA told me that he should be rated at 100% P&T. Whatever that means. And we have to meet some lawyer who works with some federal thing regarding the dr at Bragg taking cory off his meds. I didnt understand all of it but from what I did understand, You CAN sue military physicians in federal court for malpractice. And since the malpractice resulted in a suicide attempt, That makes the case even stronger. Plus all the other medical documentation we have is just a plus. Im told the former company commander will be in hot water too. Ill fight till I get too tired to fight. I just want what is right and for my husbands name to not be a dirty word, if that makes sense.

missionary5155
05-15-2014, 08:12 AM
Good morning
Will continue to pray for God to accomplish His Will through this mess in your lives.
What a joy to have political leaders who never served one minute in a uniform directing uniformed "ticket punchers" in military activities.
God please Bless the real United States uniformed personel.
Mike in Peru

Hickok
05-15-2014, 02:28 PM
Romans 8:28

Wayne Smith
05-17-2014, 08:35 AM
Romans 8:28
and 8:29. Verse 29 interprets 28. Those things are 'good' that make us like Christ, not those things we feel are 'good'.

Andrea, I don't know what "P&T" means either. As far as I know the designation is 'unemployable' - that being that he is unable to work effectively. I was once queried about one of my clients if he was 'able to fold towels in a motel'. I answered that he was perfectly capable of folding towels in a motel but there was no way to determine when he would become so frustrated in so doing that he would light them on fire. His disability was renewed.

2HighSpeed
05-20-2014, 09:15 AM
Wayne, You gave me a good laugh. I think Cory can do things, I dont think he is totally incapable. But I do think he becomes frustrated easily and then either have a panic attack or just plain walks away. Like fixing the weedeater. It ended up thrown at the wall and busted in a few pieces. So he had to do the yard by hand. When he was doing lead, That was his outlet. He can do that, But honestly, Its a very rare chance you find someone who needs help lead smelting. We FINALLY got the results of his sleep study. Results are TERRIFYING. AND it says in big bold letters that he is not fit for duty and needs to undergo MEB asap because of the sleep study results. Study was done on April 3, We called April 17 and were told results were not yet done, Got out April 18, I got the report yesterday and it says it was signed and entered April 6th. Theres a note in there that COC requested results not be given untill after ETS. They hid this info untill after he was out.

and 8:29. Verse 29 interprets 28. Those things are 'good' that make us like Christ, not those things we feel are 'good'.

Andrea, I don't know what "P&T" means either. As far as I know the designation is 'unemployable' - that being that he is unable to work effectively. I was once queried about one of my clients if he was 'able to fold towels in a motel'. I answered that he was perfectly capable of folding towels in a motel but there was no way to determine when he would become so frustrated in so doing that he would light them on fire. His disability was renewed.

mikeym1a
05-21-2014, 01:25 AM
100% P&T. Permanent and Total. You can have a 100% rating simply through a series of disabilities, but the 'permanent' part will be based on the most grievous injury. Colitis - 65%, sinusitis - 25%, hearing loss - 25%. the total could come to over 100%, but the max is 100%. And the permanent will be based on the most grievous injury, the colitis at 60%. The sinusitis and hearing might improve over time, and are therefore not considered a permanent injury. How do I know? Experience. And, any request for assistance is up to you, as is the burden of proof. YOU have to prove your case to the VA. Again, experience. Good luck.

GhostHawk
05-21-2014, 08:34 AM
Incoming!

Good luck and God Bless!

2HighSpeed
06-07-2014, 12:15 PM
Ok so here is our update.
He has been seen by the va on a pretty regular basis. They did a ptsd test last Thursday and wouldnt you know it, It said he has it in the severe range. His TBI test came up moderate also.
I think of all the wrongs afforded us during the chapter and I cant help but get bitter and angry. I want to take a stand and try to do something to stop the nonsense. But how?!?!?!
We are sending in the paperwork next week to the review board in hopes of getting his discharges changed from Honorable under a 14-12b to a honorable under a medical retirement. We arent asking them to admit they did wrong, We arent asking them for blood. We are only asking for what is fair. Has anyone gone through this board?
Lastly, Since we got here we have battleing this ant issue. I have tried everything to get rid of them, even boric acid. Nothing is working. Suggestions? Is ants a TN thing? They are driving me crazy!

Wayne Smith
06-08-2014, 10:17 AM
Andrea, of course he is able to do things. Disability doesn't even mean you can't work. It means you can't work a 40 hr week for a 50 week year.

Ants - depends on the type. We have the little black sugar eating ants in the back yard that get into the kitchen. Ant baits work outside. I spray the entry points with Raid about every month and these two pretty much control them. The big black ants are carpenter ants that eat rotten wood. Find the rot and get rid of it and you get rid of the ants. These are the two kinds that I have any experience with, if they are those I can't help.

Ajax
06-16-2014, 05:49 AM
Heavenly father please help ease the minds and souls of Andrea and her husband through these trying time.

Andy

2HighSpeed
06-22-2014, 12:22 PM
C&P exams are already scheduled. Next week. Any advice?
Weve been gettimg help from a member of the Military order of the Purple Heart, he reviewed all our docs and is pushing for a upgrade to retirement. The chapter was mostly illegal and didn't follow the regs. That's the only new info I have thus far.

Wayne Smith
06-28-2014, 07:35 AM
Years ago it was a VA neurologist who got my brother his 100% unemployable (seizures). They do have some good docs. OTH, it was his VA PCP in Sacramento who almost killed him by misdiagnosing his pancreatitis for two years - they have some dogs, too.

deep creek
06-29-2014, 07:28 PM
andrea have you talked to a D. A. V. rep in your area they can help alot. with the ants i use bifenthren you can get it at wally world or a garden store.it will say carpenter ant /termite spray.double up on the amount it says to use.like2oz to th gallon of water,use four after it drys its safe to walk on its a systemic so they walk in it and it sucks into their body.this stuff kills all critters.carpenter ants like good dry wood they are just making a home they dont get any food value from the wood'.i spray lots of cabins every year here and that stuff works!

2HighSpeed
07-02-2014, 12:23 AM
Wayne, he had his C&P exam Saturday. Your kinda the group head doc so I'm hoping you may know. The Dr said he is "total social and occupational impairment". Are they saying he is 100% disabled by his PTSD? Oddly, they say all his symptoms are PTSD and tbi and no one can decipher which is which. I really want to know which symptoms belong to which injury (to me PTSD is a injury). The respiratory c&p did say he is non employable. Apparently these burn pits in Iraq have something that you inhale and it not only messed up his lungs but he also ingested it and it grew parasites in his stomach that has wreaked havoc on his intestines.
Also, gabapentin, 600mg 3 times a day. They put him on it last week. It made him crazy! I had to attempt to restrain him last night (I say attempt because he is 6'1, 215 pounds, I am 5'7, 171 pounds), he did calm down after he saw that I was trying to help him. I think he was afraid he'd hurt me. Anyway, he was shaking and sweating profusely, dizzy, couldn't see straight, and really just went into a rage. He didn't hurt me at all. He was just throwing things into the concrete garage floor. I took him
to the er today and they said it was a allergic and adverse reaction. He's allergic to it and it was adverse because of the buspar he takes. They put him on Ativan. And he's been sucking up allllll day. I feel so bad for him. I'm so glad I know as much as I do about his problems, a outsider would think he's crazy. I just think he has so many scars he's trying to his hardest to just survive :-(

Wayne Smith
07-02-2014, 07:53 AM
Your last line said it all. Meditate on that idea for a while and you will see that your first question is relatively meaningless at this point. When his whole being is focused on survival, in a highly complex environment of a family and loving relationship, you see that he is incapable of doing anything else. It's good he's off the gabapentin, we are discovering that it has a significant addicitive potential. When survival is settled and he is convinced that he is capable of it without damaging those he loves you can start thinking about differentiating various symptoms and causes. That is well down the road, survival is his current issue and will be for a while. It is not his functional ability to survive most of the time, it is his ability to survive in the context of the family and then of the society. When he can relax and no longer have to focus on these issues you can start working on the rest. Not until then. One thing at a time.

2HighSpeed
07-02-2014, 11:18 AM
I struggle trying to figure out how itngot so bad. In Texas he was stable. He was doing well. Then we got to Ft Bragg and it was like he hit this deep hole of despair.

Wayne Smith
07-03-2014, 07:52 AM
I don't know the details but think about the amount of **** he had to cope with in Texas vs at Bragg. His ability to cope was at it's ragged edge in Texas, obviously. Just the move may have been enough to push him over the edge, I don't know. Once you have landed in that hole it is difficult to climb back out, and when you do you always know that it is just behind you. It takes years of success to walk far enough from that hole behind you to lose consciousness of it. Until then security is difficult, he will always be walking on eggshells, afraid to fall back.