PDA

View Full Version : 32 H and R Marlins

KCSO
01-08-2008, 05:50 PM
I got a call from a buddy at Cabela'sin Sidney and they just got a shipment of Marlin CB's in 32 H and R mag. I got one for me there are 5 left. Price is right.

Pardini
01-09-2008, 01:09 AM
I had a chance to buy one BNIB a few years back, but passed on it. Just didn't appeal to me when I saw how the magazine was done, plus the metal wasn't polished well and the blue was poor. Just not up to the quality of the rest of my Marlin rifles.

I've always thought that caliber would be great in the Marlin, but for some quirky reason I couldn't get past the lack of a loading gate. I've got a couple of 32 WCF and a 25 WCF and absolutely love 'em.

spurgon
01-09-2008, 08:13 AM
Pardini

How much are they going for if I might ask?

spurgon

pumpguy
01-09-2008, 11:43 AM
I saw a bunch of new old stock Marlins in AZ before Christmas. These were supposedly guns that had been returned to Marlin for various reasons and reworked to new condition. Things like broken stocks in shipment. They had two 32 H&R cowboys priced at $569.00 each.

KCSO
01-09-2008, 12:32 PM
Pardini
The original Marlin M92 in 32 rim and center fire had the same magazine tube, that is authentic.

$529.95 plus tax and shippin is what i heard. These are all from the Marlin Factory colse out before the new owners take over?

Pardini
01-10-2008, 01:29 AM
Spurgon, I think it was $500 out the door from my local dealer. He always is willing to deal and was trying to move it at a SASS shoot. I went back and fondled it several times over the weekend but just couldn't make myself buy it, a problem I normally don't have. I think I wanted it just to keep the other Marlins company, but the finish was poor.

KCSO, Didn't know that, but never said it wasn't. Just dosen't appeal to my eye for some reason and it reminds me of a 22 LR I had that was a PITA to load with that long tube to pull out. Just not my thing. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Regards

KCSO
01-10-2008, 10:31 AM
I remember the first time I saw a 92 I thought "what the HE!!". Unfortunatly this isn't for me my wife shoots a Bisley Ruger in 32 H and R and wants a rifle in the same caliber and this will keep me from converting a Puma.

Dr. A
01-10-2008, 04:16 PM
I've got a 94 in 32 H&R. Gotta say its twice the gun the 357 is, but that well maybe the CB barrel. Wished I had a 45 as well.

The kids absolutely LOVE this gun. Easy shooting, they still can hit what their shooting at and kill it. Wished I could say the same for the Ruger sixgun. Throats on it were severely undersized.