PDA

View Full Version : VS - Hi quality Powder for DT or Spraying bullets

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Smoke4320
05-10-2014, 11:23 AM
NOW FACTORY DIRECT DISTRIBUTOR for US MADE Powders

Discussion on powder and Pics of shake and bake samples are here
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?239581-checking-interest-in-10-11-00-a-LB-hi-quality-powder

1 Lb double zip lock freezer bags of powder
3 color Trial size will also be available (3 1/3 Lb bags ) same price as a 1 LB powder order

"AS of 2/18/2020" colors I have IN STOCK are

Flat black WILL NOT Dry Tumble !!!

All colors are below are Super Durable HI Gloss and WILL Dry Tumble

RAL 1002...Bacon Grease
RAL 9005...Jet Black
RAL 5005...Signal Blue Out of Stock
RAL 5012...Carolina blue
AL 6018...Yellow Green Out of Stock
AG Green....John Deere Green
RAL 2009...Traffic Orange
RAL 8023...Orange/Brown Out of Stock
RAL 4010...Pink (telemagenta)
RAL 4006 ..Traffic Purple Out of Stock
RAL 3000...Flame Red
RAL 9006 ..White Aluminum (Silver)
RAL 1016...Sulfur Yellow...
RAL 1023...Traffic Yellow
RAL 9016...Traffic White

Super Durable Clear

New color. Translucent Copper add $1.00 per lb or 50 cents if adding as 1 of the 3 colors in a sample pack

Working on some new colors with distributor.. will post here once I can confirm the Application methods .. IE I have run test batches Spraying and ASBBDT

Open to suggestions of other colors as well ...

New Prices as of Jan 26 th 2020 are
1 Lb of powder including shipping in the USA is $23.50
2 lbs of powder including shipping in the USA is $38.00
3 lbs of powder including shipping in the USA is $52.50
4 lbs of powder including shipping in the USA is $67.00
[B]for quantities over 4 LBs Just add $14.50 per LB to cover powder and additional shipping

Sand yellow OR as I call it Bacon Grease

Not Pictured are Flat Black, Clear (DUH), JD Green (everybody should know John Deere Green) and Traffic White (as background is white)

Bacon Grease

Carolina Blue

Jet Black , Signal Blue, Yellow-Green, Pink

Traffic Purple

Jet Black, JD Green

Clear, White Aluminum (silver) and Traffic Purple

Flame Red, Traffic Yellow, Traffic White

Traffic Orange

Translucent Copper

Also Airsoft 25 Gram Black BB's
I will be selling them for $4.00 a 1000

All US Addresses... for anyone outside US Please PM me your address and quantity wanted and I will quote shipping rate

As For payment I can take USPS MO, personal check (held till clears), Paypal Or Credit card

[U]Credit card call 704 624 7320 from 10AM to 6PM EST Tuesday thru Saturday

for Paypal ... send to smoke .... at ... paintballkingdom ... dot ... com
please put your name, address and what you want in the paypal comments section

(mailing check or MO )...Please PM me your needs and I will send address for payment.
Thanks

pretzelxx
05-10-2014, 11:27 AM
Waiting for green.

clodhopper
05-10-2014, 11:30 AM
Ditto for green in a the 4- 1/4 lb trial pack

Beagle333
05-10-2014, 11:44 AM
I like the blue. I'll order some of it with the green when available. :cool:

Smoke4320
05-10-2014, 11:51 AM
If sending a MO I will have green by the time your money arrives
Thanks

pretzelxx
05-10-2014, 04:27 PM
Just let us know, PayPal is waiting.... blue and green one pound each :)

NHPaul
05-10-2014, 04:33 PM
I would like a pound of each color

Smoke4320
05-10-2014, 04:40 PM
Pretzelxx and NHPaul PM sent with payment instructions

Roger Ronas
05-11-2014, 11:07 PM
Pm sent

easy ed
05-11-2014, 11:33 PM
Can you post on how to use/apply.

Thanks

Easy Ed

flyingmonkey35
05-11-2014, 11:49 PM
Waiting on Green

Smoke4320
05-12-2014, 11:12 AM
Roger Ronas Pm responded to ..

Easy Rd .. get a cool whip Bowl and Lid (make sure it has a #5 in a Triangle on bottom of the bowl)
pour enough black plastic BB's to cover the bottom of the bowl..
put in 50 to 100 bullets about 4 tablespoons of Powder ..
put lid on Hold tight ..
swirl hard for 30 seconds..
Then Shake up and down for 30 seconds
pick out bullets put on non stick foil and bake for 10 to 12 Minutes at 300 to 400 degrees .. Done
or get a HF Powdercoat gun and Spray them ..

Flyingmonkey35 .. I will have all colors , Black, Blue, Green, Pink, Red and White here Wednesday or Thursday..and I will start shipping back out the same day it arrives here ...
so get your order in and hopefully you will have it by the weekend

Thanks to all for the support

shooterg
05-12-2014, 11:57 AM
I've been pondering on this myself - do they make a copper color ?

Smoke4320
05-12-2014, 12:16 PM
yes they have a vast array of colors .. I can pick you up some copper colored if desired

just got off the phone with them and I will actually be picking up the powder tomorrow morning
so all those already paid will get your orders shipped out Tuesday afternoon to Wed Morning

Also working with an airsoft company to get Black Plastic BB's so I can sell in kit form.. Powder and either 1000 or 5000 BB's at a time ..

to do the samples I took pics of I used probably 500-600 BB's per color and when done with the 12 bullets I just poured all the leftover powder and BB's into another #5 Chinese soup container and sealed the lid.. That way I always have BB's and powder of any color ready to go and never mixed with another color

Waldoone
05-12-2014, 02:54 PM
Payment and PM sent.

pretzelxx
05-12-2014, 02:59 PM
Darn, I'm going to get some BBs today, wish I saw that before. I'm excited for when the powder gets here, I'm about to heat up the pot and get to work!

bangerjim
05-12-2014, 03:18 PM
Waiting for green.

Yellow + blue = green! And any shade in between!

banger

bangerjim
05-12-2014, 03:24 PM
Your blue looks like more of a "ford" or "pepsi" blue. Can you get a "royal blue"? It is darker.

If you have the standard paint industry color numbers that would be helpful!

banger

NHPaul
05-12-2014, 04:30 PM
Powder coat colors dont always mix up just as you would expect to make different shades. some mixes and some makes speckleing, Looks fantastic either way IMHO
I have been doing this for about a year now and I would give you a bit of advise. DON'T use a disposable container, use a real heavy duty Tupperware or Rubbermaid, a cheapo will eventually spit open, ask me how I know that. get two containers for each color or blend. forget the beebees. shake them up in one container with plenty of powder and use a handled strainer to strain the bullets out while you pour the powder into the other container and dump them on a screen to bake. repeat as needed. Don't bother standing them up to bake. Don't chew your fingernails.

flyingmonkey35
05-12-2014, 04:35 PM
PM me with pay pal payment details please!

bangerjim
05-12-2014, 05:56 PM
Powder coat colors dont always mix up just as you would expect to make different shades. some mixes and some makes speckleing, Looks fantastic either way IMHO
I have been doing this for about a year now and I would give you a bit of advise. DON'T use a disposable container, use a real heavy duty Tupperware or Rubbermaid, a cheapo will eventually spit open, ask me how I know that. get two containers for each color or blend. forget the beebees. shake them up in one container with plenty of powder and use a handled strainer to strain the bullets out while you pour the powder into the other container and dump them on a screen to bake. repeat as needed. Don't bother standing them up to bake. Don't chew your fingernails.

I know it is not like mixing liquid paint pigments, but it gives a good variation of colors with only 3 primary colors!

Good enough for government work. This is not a beauty contest......they just end up going splat down range anyway.

banger

mizzouri1
05-12-2014, 07:35 PM
how many boolits will a 1/4 lb do approx. ????

ACrowe25
05-12-2014, 08:13 PM
If you get a copper/FMJ bullet color I'm in for a couple lbs and I haven't even PC'd before. That's what will make me jump in.

Smoke4320
05-12-2014, 09:09 PM
how many boolits will a 1/4 lb do approx. ????

I do ES Spraying which has some waste to it and getting at least 4000 bullets to a LB ..
would think you would get more than that doing the dry tumble method .. so at least a 1000 to a 1/4 lb

Smoke4320
05-12-2014, 09:10 PM
If you get a copper/FMJ bullet color I'm in for a couple lbs and I haven't even PC'd before. That's what will make me jump in.

I will pick up 3 Lbs of Copper color in the morning

MaryB
05-12-2014, 11:39 PM
I am going to work on an electrostatic screen to catch powder over spray for reuse, just have to line your spray area and use a fan system to pull excess powder across the collector sheet(aluminum foil on the back with air puled thru a series of small holes along the top, shut down powder falls to the bottom onto a clean sheet to be reused).

bangerjim
05-13-2014, 11:26 AM
I am going to work on an electrostatic screen to catch powder over spray for reuse, just have to line your spray area and use a fan system to pull excess powder across the collector sheet(aluminum foil on the back with air puled thru a series of small holes along the top, shut down powder falls to the bottom onto a clean sheet to be reused).

Good idea........but it already exists! ElectroStatic filter for your furnace. I have one in mine. The filter, in various sizes, is charged with a high-tension electric charge and collects dust as the air flows over it. You could mod one to fit in a powder spray booth and pull the air thru it. Shut off the juice, tap it, and "most" of the powder will fall off. All of it will not come off.....of anything....as it sticks to just about everything!

Let us know.

banger

Smoke4320
05-13-2014, 08:35 PM
Acrowe I tryed to get a copper color today but they were out .. Will try again next week.. he said they get shipments at least every 2 weeks ..
Note the black on the bases is from previous ESPC spraying .. used the old Non Stick foil and just placed the DT bullets on that so got some black transfer

NewbieDave007
05-14-2014, 12:33 AM
Am I the only one that clicks on the attachment and gets the this message "vBulletin Message

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify theadministrator"?

Edit: I was able to see the pink and green in your other thread. Thanks!

NewbieDave007
05-14-2014, 01:26 AM
I'll take a pound of green, a pound of pink, and a variety pack of the other colors. PM on the way.

Thanks.
Dave

lastborn
05-14-2014, 07:56 AM
Tag for follow-up

shaper
05-14-2014, 08:54 AM
I have a powder coating shop. If you don't mind I would like to put my .02 in. If you don't have a proper powder coating gun then what you are doing will work for you. I have found that some powders come out looking too thin on the product. Powders like pink, some whites, and yellow especially and other light colors need a very heavy coat or they will appear to be translucent. When I spray a yellow I have to do a basecoat of white so it cannot be seen through. I know you are not interested in how it looks as much as one of my customers would be. I'm talking about thickness here. The darker colors will have a thicker finish. What I did was to make a tray with holes big enough to hold a 30 cal bullet standing in the holes on it's nose. It will do about 75 at once. If you are concerned about too much coverage on the projectile, as some will be, go for the lighter colors. Besides, your lady might like to have some pink bullets for her gun and spend more time with you at the range. Happy shooting
shaper
Southern Style Powder Coating

Smoke4320
05-14-2014, 09:38 AM
Am I the only one that clicks on the attachment and gets the this message "vBulletin Message

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify theadministrator"?

Edit: I was able to see the pink and green in your other thread. Thanks!

Not sure why its doing that as I posted the pics same way as usual

Thought they looked pretty good for only the third time doing DT .. Like everything it takes time to get the method down.. This time I used much larger long thin needle nose pliers and got much less issues with pulling powder off when setting bullets on the foil..

In either case thanks for the order

Roger Ronas
05-14-2014, 10:05 AM
I have some questions :
I assume you charge the whole plate?
Do you leave the excess powder on the plate when you bake?
Does the powder buildup effect the next batch?

Please (if you would) explain a little more on your plate with holes setup.

Thanks
Roger

I have a powder coating shop. If you don't mind I would like to put my .02 in. If you don't have a proper powder coating gun then what you are doing will work for you. I have found that some powders come out looking too thin on the product. Powders like pink, some whites, and yellow especially and other light colors need a very heavy coat or they will appear to be translucent. When I spray a yellow I have to do a basecoat of white so it cannot be seen through. I know you are not interested in how it looks as much as one of my customers would be. I'm talking about thickness here. The darker colors will have a thicker finish. What I did was to make a tray with holes big enough to hold a 30 cal bullet standing in the holes on it's nose. It will do about 75 at once. If you are concerned about too much coverage on the projectile, as some will be, go for the lighter colors. Besides, your lady might like to have some pink bullets for her gun and spend more time with you at the range. Happy shooting
shaper
Southern Style Powder Coating

shaper
05-14-2014, 12:07 PM
Here's something else that will make things go faster with a better finish. Take the quantity of bullets you plan to coat and put them in your oven for a wile. Let them get up to 150 deg. pull them out and dump them in your powder before they cool down. Because of the temp. the powder will adhere to the lead without a electrical charge. Shake them around then put them on a platter then put them back in the oven. It would be a better job if you buy a temperature censor from Harbor Freight. You will need to bring the "temp of the bullets" up to 300 deg. Once you have them at that temp, let them sit for 10 minutes at 300 deg. That is the cure temp.
I'm not trying to hijack the post here, just trying to help.
shaper
Southern Style Power Coating

shaper
05-14-2014, 12:26 PM
[QUOTE=Roger Ronas;2778651]I have some questions :

I had a 12"x12" x1/8"thick sheet of aluminum. I made horizontal lines each 1", Then I did the same vertical. So I had a plate with a 1" grid. I made 2" high legs on two sides. Then I drilled 1/4 inch holes on every cross on the plate. I took the 30 cal bullets and set them in each hole nose first.. I did a slight turn of the bullet to help it lock into the plate. Then I set it in the oven, brought the temp up, pulled them out and sprayed the bullets, put them back in the oven, pulled them out after the cure time was reached. Yes there will be some build up on the plate but it will help to keep the bullets to stand up on their nose of the next batch. We did find that the barrels of our rifles did seem to be cleaner after shooting a few.

Roger Ronas
05-14-2014, 06:21 PM
Thank you shaper

Roger

[QUOTE=Roger Ronas;2778651]I have some questions :

I had a 12"x12" x1/8"thick sheet of aluminum. I made horizontal lines each 1", Then I did the same vertical. So I had a plate with a 1" grid. I made 2" high legs on two sides. Then I drilled 1/4 inch holes on every cross on the plate. I took the 30 cal bullets and set them in each hole nose first.. I did a slight turn of the bullet to help it lock into the plate. Then I set it in the oven, brought the temp up, pulled them out and sprayed the bullets, put them back in the oven, pulled them out after the cure time was reached. Yes there will be some build up on the plate but it will help to keep the bullets to stand up on their nose of the next batch. We did find that the barrels of our rifles did seem to be cleaner after shooting a few.

Artful
05-14-2014, 09:10 PM
Roger take a look at this link
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?224082-Tray-Ideals

Smoke4320
05-15-2014, 09:53 AM
Thanks to all those who have purchased powder from me ..
so many did so my inbox limit was reached .. That has now been fixed and PMs will arrive again

just a heads up This powder is much more fluffy than I figured on.. only 1 Lb will fit in a flat rate box.
Postage on anything larger than 1 LB has been more than I expected and I have been absorbing it as that is what I posted (several packages I ate 3 to 4 dollars in postage) ..next week will have to go to a more ramped postage scale ..
So if you want to get in on the ground floor and get samples to test .. Please place your orders now
Any order payed for through Sunday will go at postage rated stated
Again many thanks to all who have purchased and I look forward to you posting your results

Smoke4320
05-15-2014, 10:09 AM
Thanks to all those who have purchased powder from me ..
so many did so my inbox limit was reached .. That has now been fixed and PMs will arrive again

just a heads up This powder is much more fluffy than I figured on.. only 1 Lb will fit in a flat rate box.
Postage on anything larger than 1 LB has been more than I expected and I have been absorbing it as that is what I posted (several packages I ate 3 to 4 dollars in postage) ..next week will have to go to a more ramped postage scale ..
So if you want to get in on the ground floor and get samples to test .. Please place your orders now
Any order payed for through Sunday will go at postage rated stated
Again many thanks to all who have purchased and I look forward to you posting your results

wildphilhickup
05-15-2014, 12:33 PM
DO you all size the bullets before coating or after?

Smoke4320
05-15-2014, 12:39 PM
Mostly size after coating .. Ie if desired finish dia is 001-004 less than the sprayed dia I will size after spraying only.
If finish Spraying size is going to be more than 004 I will size first Spray then size again ..
I started doing it this way after coating 200 6.5 x 55 bullets that turned out .271 Dia .. when I sized them down to 266 all was good for several days .. then the coating started to flake off .. had to remelt the whole batch .. funny how my 459 coated to 461 then sized down to 454 did not do that .. guess the 6.5 was just too small a dia for the coating to shrink that much

keep in mind I shoott mostly rifle rds and am a accuracy freek .. you may get by in all most cases finish sizing only

Smoke4320
05-16-2014, 11:18 AM
All orders placed so far have been shipped
Thanks to everyone for working with me on this

Beagle333
05-16-2014, 10:38 PM
New order placed, and BTT!! :grin:

Baryngyl
05-17-2014, 01:31 AM
Roger Ronas Pm responded to ..

Easy Rd .. get a cool whip Bowl and Lid (make sure it has a #5 in a Triangle on bottom of the bowl)
pour enough black plastic BB's to cover the bottom of the bowl..

Do they have to be BLACK, If I can find them after moving I have several containers of either 2,000 or 5,000 airsoft BBs in yellow and orange?

Michael Grace

Smoke4320
05-17-2014, 07:02 AM
Black or dark gray seem to work best .. the originator of this method tried many colors and Black 25 gram were the only ones that worked well.. I was a little hard headed and tried white ones I had ..did a bad job won't go back there .. its black for me because they work

kbstenberg
05-17-2014, 08:01 AM
Smoke put me on your list for 1 variety pack. I will PM for information.

pretzelxx
05-17-2014, 11:24 AM
We all understand shipping costs are excessive nowadays, but I would have been ok with paying the full amount. Afterall, it is posted on the box how much you have to pay! Great product! Fantastic price even with the shipping. I coated some boolits yesterday I had waiting for the green! Now to try out the blue on more than 10 boolits. Thanks again!!!

blackbike
05-17-2014, 11:43 AM
Don`t forget about the USPS Regional boxes.
You will have to get them shipped to you from USPS, as they are not available at the PO.
bb

Smoke4320
05-17-2014, 12:10 PM
We all understand shipping costs are excessive nowadays, but I would have been ok with paying the full amount. Afterall, it is posted on the box how much you have to pay! Great product! Fantastic price even with the shipping. I coated some boolits yesterday I had waiting for the green! Now to try out the blue on more than 10 boolits. Thanks again!!!

so wheres the PICS ? It didn't happen if no pics :) :)
seriously how did you like the way it coated

Smoke4320
05-17-2014, 12:17 PM
Blackbike
yes I ended up using Regional Rate A for several shipments .. Still averaged over $8.50 a Shipment.. This powder is so fluffy I can only get 1LB in the SFRB.. anything over 1 LB is going either in my boxes or in RR "A" boxes.. and that's probably going to be the way I price it
1 LB with be $5.50 2 to 4 LBS $8.50 and more than 4 LBS I will have to quote based on address

once you see how well this coats I think you will be sold on it
Thanks

blackbike
05-17-2014, 12:31 PM
I admit I am waiting for some feed back.
I have not tried any PC, but I am going to give it a try if I can get into it cheep enough.

One question: Can you use pure lead with 1 or 2% tin, and PC with out leading? (I am sure it comes down to FPS)

If I can do that with 38spl and 45acp, I would be happy.

Thanks, bb

pretzelxx
05-17-2014, 12:48 PM
For me it coated a little better than the hf red! First dry tumble with no BB had slightly better coverage as a one coat. Threw in the BBs and I probably will only ever do a single coat with BBs from now on. I'll post pics a little later!

Smoke4320
05-17-2014, 03:44 PM
BlackBike
as a matter of fact yes you can if you get the barrel to bullet fit right .. I am powdercoating my Muzzleloader bullets.. and they work fine

Crawdaddy
05-17-2014, 04:34 PM
Got my RED powder today and went right to my gun room to try it out.

I didn't have any black bb's but I did have glow in the dark 12 gram.

The only container I could find is the round red ones that Lee dies come in.

I put 6 .458 boolits in with a half teaspoon of powder and a half inch of bb's.

Swirled around for thirty seconds and baked for 10 minutes at 350.

They came out great!

I will be ordering Blue if you have it. I need to re-read the thread.

I think I have a new hobby.

NewbieDave007
05-17-2014, 05:00 PM
I got mine today. The box looked like they used it for a football but everything survived.

Thanks again.
Dave

Smoke4320
05-17-2014, 05:12 PM
Crawdaddy
Pics or it did not happen :) :) .. Glad you like the powder.
You can definitely tell the difference in it and the HF powder in single coating results
and I am picking up more powder Tuesday so get your order in

Smoke4320
05-17-2014, 05:32 PM
Glad it arrived OK .. one of the reasons I decided to use 2 freezer bags

NewbieDave007
05-17-2014, 05:40 PM
Do all the colors have the same temp/cook time?

Thanks.
Dave

flyingmonkey35
05-17-2014, 07:30 PM
Got my green paint today and did about 800 9mm Boolits.

50/50 COWW / Range lead

I use a ESPC with the HF machine, my first coat i over sprayed just a bit as you can see in the picks.

.356 Lee 6 mold cast and sized pre and post to clean it up and to confirm there in round.

I do this as i know my boolits drop large.

Look like "Granny Smith Apple Green"

My method below with pics!

I use a 45 ACP plastic holders. with some cut down cookie sheets.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/18/ypytajaj.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/18/bedymy5u.jpg

Transferred over to my netO painting box..
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/18/9u9ysyry.jpg
Coating, got a bit of some over spray, trigger control fixed that.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/18/qaza6ypu.jpg

into the oven, 400 for 10 minutes-ish.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/18/hagusujy.jpg

looking good.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/18/ugudu3ar.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/18/uvateba6.jpg

will follow up with more if you want-em.

pretzelxx
05-17-2014, 08:42 PM
Start with raw color!
Throw in some BBs and boolits.
Bake to taste, and off to the bench for loading!

As I said before, good quality powder.

flyingmonkey35
05-17-2014, 11:50 PM
I dub the diet mtn dew boolits.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/18/a9yny8yj.jpg

Smoke4320
05-18-2014, 08:36 AM
I dub the diet mtn dew boolits.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/18/a9yny8yj.jpg

FlyingMonkey35 & pretzelxx
Those look great .. Thanks for the pics
and really glad you are happy with the product ..

ncmn
05-18-2014, 10:53 AM
I am interested in a trial pack as I have never tried this before. Please PM with payment information and what colors are available.
Thanks

280Ackley
05-18-2014, 12:13 PM
I would take a pound each of green, blue, and red. PM me with payment details please.

mizzouri1
05-18-2014, 01:40 PM
i will try a sample pack...red, blue, green, copper. pm coming

blackbike
05-18-2014, 04:21 PM
Looks like you are going to get busy.

I`ll take a sample pack, green, copper, pink, red, or what ever.
Thanks, bb

morayman
05-18-2014, 04:34 PM
I'd like 1 LB. of black.It's time to jump in and try it out! PM on the way. morayman...............

Crawdaddy
05-18-2014, 05:05 PM
Crawdaddy
Pics or it did not happen :) :) .. Glad you like the powder.
You can definitely tell the difference in it and the HF powder in single coating results
and I am picking up more powder Tuesday so get your order in

Fair enough, Here they are. Off to the range after the Heat game to shoot them.
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2920/14029673950_7373f83c25_c.jpg

Smoke4320
05-18-2014, 06:04 PM
That's some fine looking lipstick dispensers there :) :)
Keep in touch

Smoke4320
05-18-2014, 06:15 PM
Start with raw color!
Throw in some BBs and boolits.
Bake to taste, and off to the bench for loading!

As I said before, good quality powder.

Notice in the pic how the HP interior is coated but not filled up.. that's what good powder does :) :)

NHPaul
05-18-2014, 06:27 PM
Very good quality powder, sticks nice with dry tumble method. Tough finish very shiny. Quick shipping and good communication this is an A1 seller to deal with.

Smoke4320
05-18-2014, 06:30 PM
heres a group result for me .. This is the second time for this load and got the same result
shot with a Noveski 10" barrel 300 blkout and a YHM suppressor .. for some reason this suppressor always throws the 1st shot off .. without the suppressor every shot will be dead on

Crawdaddy
05-18-2014, 11:38 PM
I shot mine this afternoon. Didn't take pics. Groups were the same as before which is a good thing. your pics won't display but I suspect it is tighter than mine. A 45/70 pistol at 100 yards just won't shoot minute of angle but 3 inches is very good in my opinion.

Now I don't have to mess with lube and get really nice looking bullets.

Smoke4320
05-21-2014, 11:15 AM
all orders placed this weekend and Monday (except one... still no copper color ) are shipping today .
PM'ed or emailed tracking numbers to all I had email addresses or PMed Me

morayman
05-23-2014, 01:16 PM
I got my 1LB. of black today,it looks good.Now to refresh my bad memory on how to do this powder coating again and get some done! morayman..................

prmtime
05-23-2014, 01:19 PM
PM inbound on a sample pack

NewbieDave007
05-23-2014, 01:21 PM
I got all of your colors in the first wave. Could you tell me the recommended cook time and temps?

Thanks.
Dave

Smoke - Your inbox is full.

Smoke4320
05-23-2014, 01:32 PM
In box was full now emptied

newbiedave007
I would try about 10 bullets at 350 degrees and 15 minutes .. if clumpy finish increase temp 25 degrees and try again..
Problem is the cheap ovens vary wildly in indicated temp and actual temp so you have to work with the oven till you get the smooth finish without melting the bullets

NewbieDave007
05-23-2014, 01:35 PM
Sounds good. Thanks.

That's also the reason I have a thermometer for inside the little oven to know better than the knob.

Thanks.

Smoke4320
05-23-2014, 01:47 PM
even the thermometers can be off .. my casting thermo is off 50 degrees at indicated 650 its really 700 ..
so you have to let the bullets finish tell you whats the right temp for YOUR oven ..

375-to 380 is the recommended factory cure temp if that helps ..My oven does great at 350 and 15 minutes
Thanks for the purchase

NewbieDave007
05-23-2014, 02:29 PM
Understood. Thanks again and I can't wait to play with this stuff.

Smoke4320
05-23-2014, 04:09 PM
So far I have done over 800 Bullets DT method .. 321 30 cal 159's and 400+ 223 55 and 100 314 200 Gr bullets with 5 teaspoons of red powder ..
started with 3 teaspoons (MRE Spoons for those in the know) did about 500 Bullets , then added 1 teaspoon as needed to get good coverage. Still have at least 1 teaspoon in the BB's
At this rate I would say I should get about 2500 bullets to 1/4 LB of Powder

Beagle333
05-24-2014, 05:30 AM
My order arrived. Good packaging, no damage, and on time! Thanks! :D

Crawdaddy
05-24-2014, 10:58 AM
Got my second order, thanks.

Smoke4320
05-24-2014, 11:05 AM
You guys are very welcome ..
Glad everyone so far is pleased with the powder

Smoke4320
05-27-2014, 05:03 PM
All orders placed thru this morning have been boxed and shipped

Thanks

Bonz
05-27-2014, 05:12 PM
Thanks

Do all colors work as good as the other =or= does one powder do better on the '1 tumble coat & bake' method ?

I really only want to have to coat one time and bake one time else I might as well get Hi-Tek

Roger Ronas
05-27-2014, 05:15 PM
Received the package. Thank You.
Will report once I try it out.

Roger

blackbike
05-27-2014, 05:21 PM
Got mine, looks good.
Thanks, bb

Smoke4320
05-27-2014, 05:26 PM
All the colors are easily capable of one coat coverage.. The yellow seems to cover the thinnest ..so you just have to shake a little more

Originally I had some clumps with white but I had just started dry tumbling..( had done ESPC only before) since learned I needed to up the oven temp..to get an actual 380 degree heat cycle .. now white covers just fine

Bonz
05-27-2014, 06:15 PM
All the colors are easily capable of one coat coverage.. The yellow seems to cover the thinnest ..so you just have to shake a little more

Originally I had some clumps with white but I had just started dry tumbling..( had done ESPC only before) since learned I needed to up the oven temp..to get an actual 380 degree heat cycle .. now white covers just fine

Thanks for the quick reply! I would like to try one pound of Diet Mountain Dew Green and pay via PayPal. I'll send you a PM with my PayPal address...

Forrest r
05-27-2014, 07:58 PM
PM sent for 3#'s of powder.

marlin3240
05-27-2014, 09:25 PM
will you post to Australia?

Dave

Beagle333
05-27-2014, 09:48 PM
This is the green that I just got from Smoke4320
One tumble and one bake using the AirSoft BB method.
Slick!!!!!

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt214/shutupandjump/PowderCoating/sized002a_zpsaf8ad3e7.jpg

Smoke4320
05-28-2014, 09:26 AM
Great job .. Those look as good as my sprayed Bullets and no flange or wasted overspray
Thanks for posting the pic

Smoke4320
05-28-2014, 09:28 AM
marlin3240
as far as I can see this is not restricted for export .. so yes I could send it
Postage will be the issue.. A 2.5 LB package is nearly $30.00 for first class mail

Smoke4320
05-29-2014, 05:02 PM
All orders received by yesterday have been shipped

Thanks to all my customers :)

flyingmonkey35
05-29-2014, 06:42 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/30/u6apera5.jpg

Here is my mix of 2/3 HF white 1 part green.

Seafoam.

ESPC

Bonz
05-30-2014, 01:00 PM
My package arrived today and of course, the morons at USPS poked a hole in the box but the double bagging saved my powder, great job ;-)

Smoke4320
05-30-2014, 01:07 PM
Glad it arrived OK .. now lets see some finished bullet pics :) :)

Smoke4320
06-02-2014, 11:09 AM
All orders received my Friday have been shipped
Thanks

11B-101ABN
06-03-2014, 02:26 AM
I want to order 1pound of the following colors: Gloss Black, Lime green, Pink, Red, yellow, white, and copper. Also 2 pounds of Blue. If you don't have all, send what you have and I'll order again in a week or so. I will put a USPS money order in the mail as soon as I get your total and address. Thanks.

Walter Laich
06-03-2014, 10:00 AM
sent you a PM

walt

Smoke4320
06-03-2014, 11:13 AM
11B-101ABN I sent you a PM with payment instructions

Still out of Copper .. Hope they get it in next weeks shipment

Smoke4320
06-03-2014, 11:22 AM
All orders received this weekend and Monday are shipping out today

Hoping to expand the colors Real soon .. Looking at Of course Copper and Orange

open to suggestions on more colors but Please keep in mind I have to order 50 lbs of ONE color powder to get any kind of price to make this worth messing with so I can't just add colors for 1 or 2 Lbs of orders

Smoke4320
06-03-2014, 05:29 PM
Just thought I would share some results..
bullets were NOT sorted for weight
Pc'ed with red sized 311 ..
first shot out of the suppressor always seems to go off from all the others

Just Duke
06-03-2014, 06:54 PM
I am working with a very large powdercoating shop to be able to sell Hi quality powder here to our forum members

Discussion on powder and Pics of shake and bake samples are here
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?239581-checking-interest-in-10-11-00-a-LB-hi-quality-powder

1 Lb double zip lock freezer bags of powder will be $11.00 a Lb
4 color Trial size will also be available (4 1/4 Lb bags )

colors I have now are Gloss Red, Black , Blue and white .. Will be adding a Lime Green and Pink very soon
Open to suggestions of other colors as well ...

Shipping for 1 or 2 Lbs will be $5.50 USPS Priority Mail... 50 cent increase for every lb after the first 2LBS... Up to a Large Flat rate box of $16.00 max shipping
As For payment I can take USPS MO, personal check (held till clears), or Paypal you pay the fees

Please PM me your needs and I will send address for payment. (paypal or mailing )
Thanks

Good deal Smoke.

Just Duke
06-03-2014, 06:55 PM
This is the green that I just got from Smoke4320
One tumble and one bake using the AirSoft BB method.
Slick!!!!!

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt214/shutupandjump/PowderCoating/sized002a_zpsaf8ad3e7.jpg

What's the Airsoft BB method sir?

jmort
06-03-2014, 08:31 PM
"What's the Airsoft BB method sir?"

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?240500-a-trick-for-tumble-powder-coating

Just Duke
06-04-2014, 12:41 AM
Thank you.

bsgp8ntball
06-04-2014, 12:42 AM
Smoke, What are your current available colors?

Smoke4320
06-04-2014, 09:50 AM
Gloss Black, Blue, Green, Pink, Red, White and approx. 1/4 LB of Bright Orange left from testing a new color... Worked very well

Smoke4320
06-04-2014, 11:41 AM
one more .. did this last night .. 2nd target and group nearly identical.. If I get one more nearly the same then load up 10 and shoot another group and chrono.. According to hodgdon data this should be running approx. 1600 FPS
gas check Mold... No gas check just Dry tumbled in gloss black

bsgp8ntball
06-05-2014, 12:16 AM
I'll take a 1lb sample of orange/pink/green/blue

Rangefinder
06-05-2014, 01:19 AM
PM sent on a black, green, red, and white sampler.

Smoke4320
06-05-2014, 07:44 PM
Going Factory direct for powders .. got account setup today...
I will have copper by next Friday .. Please send your orders in and I will get them shipped out ASAP after powder arrives
PM me for details
or email to smoke at paintballkingdom dot com

crawfobj
06-05-2014, 08:00 PM
Watching for copper.

ghh3rd
06-05-2014, 10:14 PM
Am I right that the available color so far are: Gloss Red, Black , Blue, White, Lime Green and Pink? Can I choose any four for a 4-pack sampler?

Thanks - Randy

captain-03
06-05-2014, 10:49 PM
I'll take a 1lb sample of gloss black/green/blue/orange ... Please PM with total and payment instructions.

Thanks!

Smoke4320
06-06-2014, 10:00 AM
I'll take a 1lb sample of orange/pink/green/blue
shipping out today
Thanks for the order

Smoke4320
06-06-2014, 10:13 AM
Am I right that the available color so far are: Gloss Red, Black , Blue, White, Lime Green and Pink? Can I choose any four for a 4-pack sampler?

Thanks - Randy

yes any 4 of the colors listed above for a 1LB sampler pack
Please paypal $17.50 to smoke at paintballkingdom dot com
include your name, address, what you want and your forum handle
Thanks for the order

rondog
06-06-2014, 01:17 PM
Any chance of getting some glossy gray? Pretty colors are nice, but I'd like to do some that still look like lead bullets, just slick and shiny.

pull the trigger
06-06-2014, 05:27 PM
So how fast are you guys pushing your rifle loads? Jacketed velocity?

odinohi
06-06-2014, 06:44 PM
Pm sent. Gonna try this stuff on some jig heads.

Smoke4320
06-08-2014, 06:03 PM

I am over 1900 FPS with 6.5 x 55 and 308 over 1600 FPS with 458 socom Accurately

Rangefinder
06-08-2014, 08:03 PM
So far I've run .30 cal's at 2300+.

Stonecrusher
06-08-2014, 09:19 PM
Waiting for copper also!

Post#122 only mentioned PayPal. Are you still accepting USPS Money orders?

MaryB
06-09-2014, 12:16 AM
Powder received! Thanks!

Dirtdgger
06-09-2014, 05:18 AM
I'll try a sample pack of red, black, green ,and blue.

Smoke4320
06-09-2014, 09:14 AM
Powder received! Thanks!
Great... now lets see some finished product pics :) :)
love to see the stenciled handgun slide .. sounds cool

Smoke4320
06-09-2014, 09:25 AM
Stonecrusher
I sent you a PM with USPS MO instructions

Dirtdggr
Got your payment All orders received This weekend should ship tomorrow or Wednesday

Thanks again for all the support

Smoke4320
06-09-2014, 09:29 AM
Any chance of getting some glossy gray? Pretty colors are nice, but I'd like to do some that still look like lead bullets, just slick and shiny.

yes a Silver/Aluminum is on my expansion list probably a week or 2 away.. I have to buy a very large quantity of powder to make this worth even messing with.. But hey its all fun anyway ..

flyingmonkey35
06-09-2014, 10:16 AM
Smoke did you get the copper yet?

Smoke4320
06-09-2014, 11:03 AM
factory is shipping it to me this week
might want to get your order in and I will ship asap when it arrives

PS I will do a test run Before I ship any .. If its does not work DT wise (which I am almost sure it will every powder I have gotten from them is the same compound) I will offer you a refund or another color choice..
again I will NOT ship till I have DT'ed a small batch myself .. can't get a better guarantee that that :) :)

Thanks

Smoke4320
06-09-2014, 11:17 AM
latest batch using a convection oven with fan running to evenly distribute heat
bullets look almost sprayed smooth.. any plier nicks filled in as well
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/thumbs/IMG_104631.JPG (http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo=828836&ppuser=19812)

Smoke4320
06-10-2014, 09:52 AM
All ordered payed thru Sunday shipping out today

shooterg
06-10-2014, 08:15 PM
Pm coming. Time to get on the bandwagon !

Smoke4320
06-11-2014, 01:43 PM
I have been asked about Credit card payment

yes I can take Visa/ MasterCard or Discover NO AM EX

by calling 704 624 0737 from 10AM to 6PM EST

Thanks

ghh3rd
06-11-2014, 02:27 PM
Just promise not to go crazy, and powder coat your Sig 239! I actually saw one for sale at the gun show last weekend that someone PC'd in OD green, sitting between lots of 'normal' ones. :confused:

Smoke4320
06-11-2014, 03:21 PM
we did an old Iver johnson M49 22 lever action not long ago .. turned out real well
Matte Black of course

ridenclimb
06-11-2014, 04:13 PM
Hi Smoke,

Very interested to see the results of the copper colored coating. If they look like jacketed and will coat via dry tumble with airsoft bb's I would be ecstatic.

Smoke4320
06-11-2014, 05:11 PM
Hi Smoke,

Very interested to see the results of the copper colored coating. If they look like jacketed and will coat via dry tumble with airsoft bb's I would be ecstatic.

understand .. The shipment of Copper should arrive here Friday or Monday.. I will dry tumble 10 or so bullets to confirm and post pics ASAP..
looking to get a silver (bare lead look) next

captain-03
06-11-2014, 09:46 PM
PayPal payment sent for 1LB sampler pack (gloss back, green, blue, pink) ... shipping address, etc, contained in PayPal message.

Thanks
Captain-03

Smoke4320
06-12-2014, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the order captain-03

Just got tracking number for copper color ..
unless UPS messes things up looks like copper color will be here tomorrow.. I will do my best to get a sample run done Friday night and post pics..
We are having some real severe afternoon/night thunderstorms so have to work around that ..
But hey we are real close now

Thanks

CGT80
06-13-2014, 01:13 AM
Reading your other thread has pushed me over the edge. I don't have to do PC, but it sure looks like fun.

I am interested in a pack of green, red, blue, and copper 1/4 pound bags to make a 1 pound total shipment. I am anxious to see how the copper looks when you get the samples done. Pink looks cool too. I will pay by paypal.

Maybe I will have those colors narrowed down tomorrow evening.............or maybe I will have to do two packs of 1/4 pound bags :Bright idea:

Smoke4320
06-13-2014, 09:14 AM
CGT80-I have PM'ed you payment instructions..

Thanks for the order

douglasskid
06-13-2014, 09:22 AM
Received your paint. I had PC over 10,000 bullets with another brand of bullet. After the first batch with your paint, I was ready to re-coat all 10,000. Excellent quality, THANKS

Smoke4320
06-13-2014, 09:40 AM
Great to hear .. That is exactly what I am looking for .. Hi quality should mean better coverage and less powder used .. so in the end mine actually comes out cheaper and easier to use ..

Now Pics or it did not happen :);-)

Smoke4320
06-13-2014, 03:36 PM
OK Copper arrived .. I did these really quickly.. its 86 degrees and 60 % humidity ,.. not real good for dry tumbling .. but I think you will be pleased

I have used the same sheet of foil now for probably 15 to 20 batches of bullets notice all the colors

added the Red , Blue and Green so you would have something to compare to

birdadly
06-13-2014, 06:03 PM
Can you put a jacketed bullet next to your copper ones and snap a pic? Looking forward to putting in an order sometime soon. Thanks -Brad

Smoke4320
06-14-2014, 07:58 AM

these are 1 coat only.. covered extremely well ..I had to knock off excess powder from every bullet before oven curing

Walter Laich
06-14-2014, 02:57 PM
kinda more brown than copper?

Smoke4320
06-14-2014, 03:39 PM
According to their color chart this was copper .. They have a lighter shade but its probably going to turn out tan
not sure you will get any powder coat color that's going to be super close to a copper .. but I will keep looking
Kind of like chrome Spray paint always seems to be silver

Give it a try I think it will grow on you

You powder should arrive to you about Wed

Thanks for the order

captain-03
06-14-2014, 05:02 PM
Go the sampler pack today!! Man, was that quick!!

Thanks!

Smoke4320
06-14-2014, 05:04 PM
Great .. I aim to please (sorry just could not resist)

Now lets see some completed bullet pics.. :) :)

BaconStrips
06-14-2014, 10:21 PM
kinda more brown than copper?

that's ok, now we can really go shoot the poop out of our guns.:kidding::kidding:

I will take a sampler. Black, green, red and copper.
pm sent.

Walter Laich
06-14-2014, 10:43 PM
may try a bit of yellow just to see what happens
in the long run they all go downrange and go 'splat'

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
06-15-2014, 10:12 AM
I have had good luck baking at 400 for 20 minutes. Bullets pass the smash test. Should I be baking them less?

Beagle333
06-15-2014, 11:16 AM
I'm baking 400/20 and they are passing the "shoot" test just fine. :grin:

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
06-15-2014, 11:50 AM
Thanks Beagle!

captain-03
06-15-2014, 03:12 PM
Great .. I aim to please (sorry just could not resist)

Now lets see some completed bullet pics.. :) :)

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj19/twwoodall/IMG_5194_zps9e856cb6.jpg (http://s268.photobucket.com/user/twwoodall/media/IMG_5194_zps9e856cb6.jpg.html)

This stuff went on GREAT!! Much better coating than than the HF red. I just threw a few boolits in the ziplock bag with a little shaking with nothing else added and this is what I got ...

Smoke4320
06-15-2014, 04:15 PM
here is 3 teaspoons copper to 2 teaspoons of Orange to get closer to a real copper color
There is still enough powder left to probably do 300 to 400 bullets when mixed to that %

Smoke4320
06-15-2014, 04:17 PM
Captain-03 .. those look awesome .. thanks for the Pics
quality powder just does a better job all the way around

Smoke4320
06-16-2014, 02:11 PM
All orders received by 6/15/2014 have been shipped

CGT80
06-19-2014, 02:19 AM
I got my powder today. I PC'd my first 25 boolits, MP RCBS 270 SAA with round hollow points. I used a #5 container and green powder, no airsoft bbs to DT them. The first coat was a little thin, so they cooled a bit and then I did a second coat. They are not as smooth as I would like (I am a perfectionist) but they look great, and the process was very easy. I have not sized them yet, as I am waiting on my lee dies to come in. I am glad I held off on the HF powder and went for the good stuff. I can't wait to try out the other colors. Pink really stands out, but I don't want to jeopardize my man card by getting caught with them. :kidding: I might make some pink boolits for my lever gun so that when/if I beat other people at the silhouette match, I can claim I beat them with their own recycled bullets, which were painted pink. :lol:

Thanks for the powder, Smoke!

shooterg
06-19-2014, 07:28 AM
Mine came. Fast shipping. Bride making me go to beach for a week, so no testing yet !

kbstenberg
06-19-2014, 07:37 AM
Shooterg NO man on this site lets his significant other tell him what to do:kidding:
Yes I highly recommend Smokes powders. He is easy to deal with - prompt on delivery - good product.

Walter Laich
06-19-2014, 02:54 PM
My copper came in Tues. Hope to give it a try today or tomorrow. Well packaged and looks better than in the photos.

have high hopes for it

flyingmonkey35
06-19-2014, 10:29 PM
So i was out Shooting at the outdoor range the other day with my PC boolits in rainbow of colors. ALL of the Range-masters couldn't believe that i painted my boolits.

They were all very skepitcal untill i started shooting, put 200 rounds down range. took my gun apart and passed it around. Then i just sprayed it out with can of Rem gun oil and it was nice and shiny.

the couldn't believe it.

Got to watch out though, a LOT of people thought that they wee SIMUNTIONS. when i told them they were real lead, the just stared at me in disbelief.
I Could see some Jack-*** picking one up and shooting his Buddy with "FAKE" boolits.

the shot great, gong goes Ring and im happy.

MaryB
06-20-2014, 03:06 AM
How about flat black? Getting an AR barrel for $45 that was painted pink. Going to strip it and want to base coat it flat black then do a laser cut pattern to fill with another color like red maybe...

Smoke4320
06-23-2014, 01:24 PM
New Product for sale.... Loob Groove remover and forearm builder
With all the people now powdercoating I saw a need to remove all those loob grooves :) :)
http://cloudfront.zoro.com/product/full/21XU65_AS01.JPG

a quality tool for the low low price of $219.00
Call BR549 to order ...
Sorry my feeble attempt at humor

timberhawk
06-23-2014, 02:29 PM
Smoke4320,
I'd like to order a pound of the Gloss Black.
Nothing sexier than a nickel plated case and a black bullet!
PM sent.

Smoke4320
06-23-2014, 04:16 PM
timberhawk PM returned

Thanks for the order

timberhawk
06-23-2014, 07:13 PM
Paypal sent.
Looking forward to using this. HF red just isn't my style.

I'll post picks when I get some coated.

Smoke4320
06-25-2014, 10:43 AM
Timberhawk your Powder shipped out yesterday

Thanks for the order

OK 4th of July Special

anyone ordering 1 LB Min Red, White or Blue ....$16.00 Shipped US Only
2 LBS (1 LB each Mix or Match) $28.00
3 LBS (1 LB each Mix or Match) $ 39.00

Save some money... I will run this Thru July 4th only

blackbike
06-25-2014, 11:10 AM
I`ll take a lb. of blue.
bb

kungfustyle
06-26-2014, 05:25 AM
Great stuff. I've never tried this before and Smoke gave me directions and I had the powder in two days. Followed the directions on how to do this DT stuff and the bullets turned out great. Now to plan my next trip to the range to test them out. All the way around good transaction.

timberhawk
06-26-2014, 02:27 PM
Smoke,
Received my order today. Great service and turn around. I cant wait to get home to start coating bullets.

Timberhawk

Smoke4320
06-26-2014, 02:40 PM
Smoke,
Received my order today. Great service and turn around. I cant wait to get home to start coating bullets.

Timberhawk

Timberhawk
glad your order arrived in good condition.. Now lets see some Pics :)

to others I just ran out of Blue .. ordering more and should be here by Tuesday
sorry for the delay ..

flyingmonkey35
06-26-2014, 03:17 PM
New Product for sale.... Loob Groove remover and forearm builder
With all the people now powdercoating I saw a need to remove all those loob grooves :) :)
http://cloudfront.zoro.com/product/full/21XU65_AS01.JPG

a quality tool for the low low price of $219.00
Call BR549 to order ...
Sorry my feeble attempt at humor
Wow I'll take 2 .
[emoji12]
Pm incoming

kungfustyle
06-27-2014, 02:29 PM
Help I can stop. Lyman 358477, Lee TL 148 wc, Lee 155 312, Lee 312 185, Lee 309 200g. Can't wait to try these out. By the way it was a loosing battle getting the rifle leads to stand up, Yes, I've seen the treads on how, but why they turned out great. or good enough if they shoot straight and cut down on cleaning.
But the flat base boolits turned out great.

this was my first try at this and did about 3000 boolits. Only used about 6 tablespoons and still have alot in the tub left over. Great stuff.

Smoke4320
06-27-2014, 02:57 PM
Those look Great .. keep em coming

pull the trigger
06-29-2014, 02:53 PM
Payment sent. Thanks!

shaggybull
06-29-2014, 03:23 PM
what kind of foil you using the aluminum foil I used stuck to bottom of my boollts? I purchased a couple aluminum cake pans at the dollar store @ 2 for a $1. They are working better than foil. Also you can get betty crocker containers from the dollar store they have positive seal and are sturdy @ 3 for $1.

shaggybull
06-29-2014, 06:34 PM
pictures of my 1st run used blue and green powder.

Artful
06-29-2014, 10:15 PM
Ah, finally back to this thread - so you would need to order Orange and Copper and blend to get closest to true copper/bronze coloring.

Weaponologist
06-30-2014, 12:47 AM
Would love to see what the Silver looks like when it comes in....[smilie=s:

Smoke4320
06-30-2014, 09:41 AM
Sorry Guys I am having to deal you a dying parent.. Doctors told my father to get his affairs in order its coming .. Spent all day yesterday on the road to help clean up his garage and send time with him.. Looks like I will be making frequent trips till the end comes.. Its 6+ hours driving time
so I may be out of touch from time to time for a day or so.. I will continue to ship orders as fast as possible .. Every order received Thursday thru yesterday should ship out tomorrow
Thanks and bare with me as I work thru the family situation

62chevy
06-30-2014, 01:49 PM
Sorry to hear about your Dad. Take your time and others will understand.

pull the trigger
06-30-2014, 04:11 PM
Take yur time. There is absolutely nothing here more important than that. Enjoy it while you can.

Smoke4320
06-30-2014, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the kind words ..
its an ongoing situation and just not sure when I am going to get the call we all dread.. Until then I will make trips here and there to help get all the property arranged and in good order, do what maintenance they require ect.. So there might be a weekend here and there that I don't answer till Mondays

My plan is to get all the orders I have now shipped tomorrow or Wednesday .. Just waiting on the Blue to arrive
Thanks

MostlyOnThePaper
06-30-2014, 08:58 PM
Also sorry to hear about your Dad, that's something I'm dreading!
Randy

CGT80
06-30-2014, 09:43 PM
Smoke, I am sorry to hear about your dad.

I wanted to post a pic of the PC I did with your product. It worked out very well. I had no trouble doing PC for the first time, while using your powder. I am glad I didn't even bother with the HF stuff.

460 Mag: MP 270 SAA HP round pin plain base sized to 0.452", over 10.0 trail boss. I normally use Cred and an RCBS LAM I for my boolits. These were very fun to make and load. Now I need to empty the brass so I can do it again :lovebooli
http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k484/CGT80/IMG_20140629_235127_543.jpg

Smoke4320
07-01-2014, 04:17 PM
All orders received by this Morning have shipped today
Thanks Guys

BaconStrips
07-01-2014, 06:48 PM
All orders received by this Morning have shipped today
Thanks Guys

Mine too or are we still waiting on some colors? If so, no problem, no rush, just double checking. Sorry to hear about your dad.

Smoke4320
07-02-2014, 08:56 AM
Baconstrips and Sinker402 .. Sorry I did not get your orders shipped.. Everyones elses has shipped..
Still waiting on Yellow and Silver/Gray .. Should have yellow next week if all goes as they have told me.. Still trying to find an acceptable Silver that covers well ..
If either want to change the yellow or silver to something else I will ship your order tomorrow
just let me know

Smoke4320
07-02-2014, 08:57 AM
CGT80
Those look awesomwe.. Looks like you got the procedure down pat right off the Bat
congrads

BaconStrips
07-02-2014, 06:49 PM
Baconstrips and Sinker402 .. Sorry I did not get your orders shipped.. Everyones elses has shipped..
Still waiting on Yellow and Silver/Gray .. Should have yellow next week if all goes as they have told me.. Still trying to find an acceptable Silver that covers well ..
If either want to change the yellow or silver to something else I will ship your order tomorrow
just let me know

whenever is fine with me, i was just checking. Have enough powder to keep me busy for at least week or two.
don't have a real fancy phone so it's a little blurry, but here's a quick sample of my first time coating anyway. l to R, NOE 311 115gr, LEE 309 150gn, MP 312 159gn, LEE 309 170gn.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=109588

ooops, looks like I need to go back to photo posting class.

Forrest r
07-03-2014, 06:22 AM
Hang in there Smoke, my prayers go out to you & your family.

You sell an excellent product that produces highly accurate boolits & they sure look good too. PC'd around 500 boolits yesterday in 2 hours, some 30 cals (311291's & 230-5r blackouts) along with some 150g hollow base fn's and some lyman 358439 hp swc's.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t242/forrestr-photo/today_zps26383b4c.jpg (http://s162.photobucket.com/user/forrestr-photo/media/today_zps26383b4c.jpg.html)

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t242/forrestr-photo/todayclose_zpsf5355899.jpg (http://s162.photobucket.com/user/forrestr-photo/media/todayclose_zpsf5355899.jpg.html)

Smoke4320
07-03-2014, 08:51 AM
Forrest R
Makes me proud to see all those fantastic looking bullets .. Just think 2 years ago no one had heard of PC'ing bullets and now its becoming the accepted way for a lot of casters to get accurate and non leading bullets easily
and thanks for the kind words I am usually a quiet person on personal matters and would not have said anything under normal circumstances but needed guys here to just understand if I don't respond for a day or so I am not just ignoring them. Its really a family situation and I will be back soon..

pull the trigger
07-03-2014, 06:02 PM
Got mine in the mail quick. Thanks!

bangerjim
07-03-2014, 06:21 PM
Got 2# of blue today. That stuff sticks to EVERYTHING! Excellent coating with BBDT. I will try it with ESPC tomorrow as I have several tools I want to coat with blue.

I tried blending your blue with HF yellow which should make green, Yes, I know it does not mix like paint. But what happened is interesting. The boolits ended up coated in BLUE and the YELLOW powder was left in the tub! Only a slight green tint on the slugs. A few splotches of yellow on the blue/green! So much for that idea. Will try it with ESPC as that does work with any blended powders I have done in the past. Just another + for ESPC!

Good stuff! I highly recommend it. Fast shipping and excellent packaging.

bangerjim

Weaponologist
07-03-2014, 09:04 PM
This is Great (SMOKE). Just think. You may have started a trend that one day may replace Copper Jacketed Boolits all together. The whole Shake and Bake idea is really thinking outside the box. No one has to master a messy Spray gun or anything to difficult or overly expensive. I'm learning all I can about casting and this PC is a must do for anyone serious about making a good product.. And all the work you do to get the prices down as low as you have is Appreciated by everyone...Thanks Smoke..

bangerjim
07-03-2014, 09:42 PM
This is Great (SMOKE). Just think. You may have started a trend that one day may replace Copper Jacketed Boolits all together. The whole Shake and Bake idea is really thinking outside the box. No one has to master a messy Spray gun or anything to difficult or overly expensive. I'm learning all I can about casting and this PC is a must do for anyone serious about making a good product.. And all the work you do to get the prices down as low as you have is Appreciated by everyone...Thanks Smoke..

Unfortunately, PC will never replace FMJ's for ultra-high velocity super accurate rifle loads. Close, but not quite.

The ESPC gun is NOT messy.......if you know what you are doing and have it set up correctly. I use one all the time with virtually no mess. It does use more powder than BBDT.

The BBDT that we all developed over time on here over the past year is very successful for many. I use it a lot, since we figured out the BB's and the #5 bowl and how you shake the container are the real secrets to successful coats.

If you read the threads, you will find scattered throughout them the names of all the MANY kind souls (myself included) on here that spend MANY hours messing with different techniques to successfully define what most use today. Like Edison said - he found a thousand ways how NOT to make a light bulb!

Enjoy the fruits of our labors. And have fun!

bangerjim

Weaponologist
07-03-2014, 10:54 PM
Unfortunately, PC will never replace FMJ's for ultra-high velocity super accurate rifle loads. Close, but not quite.

The ESPC gun is NOT messy.......if you know what you are doing and have it set up correctly. I use one all the time with virtually no mess. It does use more powder than BBDT.

The BBDT that we all developed over time on here over the past year is very successful for many. I use it a lot, since we figured out the BB's and the #5 bowl and how you shake the container are the real secrets to successful coats.

If you read the threads, you will find scattered throughout them the names of all the MANY kind souls (myself included) on here that spend MANY hours messing with different techniques to successfully define what most use today. Like Edison said - he found a thousand ways how NOT to make a light bulb!

Enjoy the fruits of our labors. And have fun!

bangerjim

I have read the threads or as many as humanly possible given the massive archives this great site has. Yes I've seen all the work and ideas of the skilled and talented people on this site. Never has there been such a congregation or gathering of so many gifted members in one place. at least not that I've ever seen and no doubt the reason for the outstanding success of this forum.
It's such a great feeling to have a place where everyone's ideas can be heard and all the bugs can be worked out and fine tuned. Along with all that to have so many member just like (SMOKE) who go out and find the supplies needed to make those ideas work for everyone is the solid foundation that makes this forum a place for not just the super gifted like yourself but makes it a place where an old idiot like myself, who needs help drawing straight lines, can benefit from all the knowledge on here. Thank You...:)

bangerjim
07-03-2014, 11:24 PM
Thanks to the internet and enterprising people on here, we can do a ton of experimenting around and share the successes AND failures! It's sort of like being on a research team in a big company! A REALLY BIG company!

And it is here for FREE for every one to use and enjoy.....and improve on if they like!!!!!! (just be sure to share!!!! HA....ha)

bangerjim

Smoke4320
07-04-2014, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the kinds words but All I did was latch on to others ideas and run with it .. I proved to myself that pc'ing bullets would do all I needed.
by eliminating messy lubes, make long term storage a non issue (no corroding bullets or messy lubes melting) and as or more accurate as other cast bullets (and in many cases more so) and the ability to moderately increase velocity fairly easily with accuracy I was sold.. Then I went looking for better powders to help even more ..
Others here deserve the accolades for the development of the process without them I probably would not have continued casting .. As banger said its a community working together to improve for everyone !

Smoke4320
07-07-2014, 08:44 AM
Hope everyone had a great Holiday weekend, enjoyed some good food and family.

Had Hotdogs on the grill Saturday and hamburgers Sunday.. Now back to rabbit food

Just wanted to thank everyone for all the support I have received on here and hoping to expand the colors offered some more in the next several weeks

Coyote3
07-07-2014, 09:09 PM
Smoke,

Just wanted to thank you for processing my order so quickly, with everything you're dealing with right now. The BBDT method was much easier than I had expected and I had great results with the very first batch. My wife had a fun time shooting the green bullets from her 5" Ruger GP100, but told me to be on the lookout for her favorite color, purple.

Again, thank you for doing this.

kbstenberg
07-07-2014, 10:01 PM
My thanks also go out to all the members here that have expanded the practice of PC. Like most I have had a hard time keeping up with all of the new developments that others have worked on. Kevin

Beagle333
07-07-2014, 10:07 PM
I want jade/forest green..... but purple would be cool too. :cool:

Smoke4320
07-08-2014, 09:16 AM
Coyote3
Glad your order got there in good condition...
PC powders do not mix like paint but you can get some really cool results.. as an experiment try mixing 1 teaspoon of red and 1 teaspoon of Blue and DT about 10 bullets .. you might like the almost purple camo effect ...
I have been doing 5 Black, 5 yellow, 4 green and 2 blue for our paintball guns and its a really wild effect .. get an almost prism effect.. depending on light and angle you get different colors

Wishbone
07-10-2014, 06:08 PM
Smoke,
My first time attempt at this. Not perfect, but I'm happy with them. I'm sure I'll get better. I think I got over rambunctious. Did 2, 100 bullet batches with the airsoft bead and swirling method. Now I have to give the toaster oven back to my daughter in law. My next purchase. I hope the pics show up.
Thanks for everything, Wishbone...110310110311110315

Dang, I even learned how to upload pics.:razz:

Smoke4320
07-11-2014, 09:42 AM
I would say those look very good .. You only get better as you refine the techniques..

Thanks for posting those

bstone5
07-11-2014, 09:46 AM
Wishbone

Once bullets are cooked in the oven, the food cooked later might not taste too good.

Once an oven cooks bullets it should not be used for food preparation anymore.

bangerjim
07-11-2014, 12:40 PM
Smoke,
My first time attempt at this. Not perfect, but I'm happy with them. I'm sure I'll get better. I think I got over rambunctious. Did 2, 100 bullet batches with the airsoft bead and swirling method. Now I have to give the toaster oven back to my daughter in law. My next purchase. I hope the pics show up.
Thanks for everything, Wishbone...110310110311110315

Dang, I even learned how to upload pics.:razz:

Unless you do not like your in-law, that oven is now dedicated to YOUR PC baking. There is out gassing and "stuff" that collects on all the surfaces and should not safely be used for potable foodstuffs.

Looks like she will be getting a new oven from you!

bangerjim

Smoke4320
07-11-2014, 12:42 PM
OK A Bright Yellow is coming in either Monday or Tuesday along with another Sliver/gray for me to sample..
This Silver is very fine metal flake and I have been assured there will be no buildup in the barrels.. As Always I will do a test batch for DT and I will also fire at least 50 rds thru one of my guns to be assured there is no buildup..
If this one works out we will have a very nice looking almost like a fresh poured shiny bullet color

Wishbone
07-11-2014, 01:34 PM
Unless you do not like your in-law, that oven is now dedicated to YOUR PC baking. There is out gassing and "stuff" that collects on all the surfaces and should not safely be used for potable foodstuffs.

Looks like she will be getting a new oven from you!

bangerjim

Chit, thanks. She'll like that..Wishbone

280Ackley
07-11-2014, 06:32 PM
Question. I bought a dedicated oven, but it is setup near my food prep area. Does this or the raw powder pose a health risk?

bangerjim
07-11-2014, 08:34 PM
Question. I bought a dedicated oven, but it is setup near my food prep area. Does this or the raw powder pose a health risk?

Do ALL this outside!!!!!!!!! Do NOT smelt, cast, or PC inside your house....especially IN your kitchen!

You and your whole family will be breathing the raw powder and the outgassing fumes when you bake boolits. Move out in the garage, shop or back porch. When I do DT in my shop, every week I dust off my bench that has a light coating of powders I have used that escape when I remove the lid of the DT containers. I would NOT want that in my food.

It is polyester resin. Read the MSDS sheets. You decide if you want to eat it. You do not want to breathe the outgassing.

banger

Forrest r
07-11-2014, 09:33 PM
A little more plinking today with some pc'd boolits, cramer 200g wc's in a 44mag/light plinking load @ 25yds.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t242/forrestr-photo/200gwcs_zps072309fe.jpg (http://s162.photobucket.com/user/forrestr-photo/media/200gwcs_zps072309fe.jpg.html)

I bought the powder to pc these boolits off of smoke & I couldn't be happier with the product it produces and the accuracy I get from them.

Daddyfixit
07-12-2014, 01:36 AM
I sent a PM for 2lbs

Smoke4320
07-12-2014, 08:25 AM
Forrest R .. That's some fine shooting right there .. congrads ...
daddyfixit .. your Pm has been answered ..

Yellow will be here early this week.. along with a new Silver for me to try

Thanks for the orders ..

rondog
07-12-2014, 08:44 AM
OK A Bright Yellow is coming in either Monday or Tuesday along with another Sliver/gray for me to sample..
This Silver is very fine metal flake and I have been assured there will be no buildup in the barrels.. As Always I will do a test batch for DT and I will also fire at least 50 rds thru one of my guns to be assured there is no buildup..
If this one works out we will have a very nice looking almost like a fresh poured shiny bullet color

Now you're talking! I kinda like the colors, but am really interested in a powder that ends up looking like shiny, fresh lead bullets. That's what I personally would prefer.

Smoke4320
07-14-2014, 03:41 PM
Yellow and Silver are arriving tomorrow

So let the fun begin !

Smoke4320
07-15-2014, 03:42 PM
Yellow and Silver have arrived..

All Orders have shipped

Thanks to Sinker and Terry for their patience waiting on a good yellow to arrive

I hope to do a small batch of the silver either this evening or tomorrow evening .. as soon as the weather cooperates

Smoke4320
07-16-2014, 09:51 AM
OK here is a quick batch of Silver/gray
keep in mind it was heavy rain while doing these .. The next town over from us there were over 50 calls for flooded out stranded motorists trying to get home after work..
did these on an old pan with black coated PC so you will also see a few black specks from black flake off while handling and some bases with a little black transfer
but it shows the Silver will coat nicely.. especially given the horrible humidity I did these in..
Also included 2 uncoated bullets to compare the color to .. One is a 308 and a 45 ACP
Look pretty good to me

rondog
07-16-2014, 08:11 PM
OK here is a quick batch of Silver/gray
keep in mind it was heavy rain while doing these .. The next town over from us there were over 50 calls for flooded out stranded motorists trying to get home after work..
did these on an old pan with black coated PC so you will also see a few black specks from black flake off while handling and some bases with a little black transfer
but it shows the Silver will coat nicely.. especially given the horrible humidity I did these in..
Also included 2 uncoated bullets to compare the color to .. One is a 308 and a 45 ACP
Look pretty good to me

My, Grandma, what big cavities your hollowpoints have!

Is that a shiny finish or matte? Kinda hard to tell.....

Smoke4320
07-17-2014, 09:48 AM
"My, Grandma, what big cavities your hollowpoints have!"

better to make mushmeat out of a deer's heart

It is a shiny finish .. It was still overcast when I took the early morning pics

Smoke4320
07-18-2014, 10:16 AM
heres a pic of the Yellow.
done this morning .. real fast, did NOT clean bullets first (bullets were poured about 4 months ago), Tumbled (humidity is 71 % this morning) and baked
They are brighter than the pic shows and a shiny finish

Just Duke
07-18-2014, 10:27 AM
Just for kicks what kind or velocities could a fella get out of a .338 Win mag with a 250 grain bullet?

Smoke4320
07-18-2014, 11:16 AM
I really don't have a clue.. I can tell you with 98/2 Coww/HSB I started seeing breakdown in accuracy at 2200 FPS in a 308 1:10 twist .. Now I have not had a lot of time to tinker with it. I feel fairly sure with time this fall that can be pushed up to at least 2400 to 2500.. It will just take time and trying different methods bullets and alloys .

Smoke4320
07-21-2014, 11:55 AM
All orders received thru last night have shipped..
Thanks for the orders .
Now asking what colors you would like to see added
one with the most votes will be added first
so lets here it !!!

Beagle333
07-21-2014, 11:58 AM
Jade green
Purple

Markbo
07-22-2014, 11:08 AM
Well that answers 2 questions... what does the silver look like and can you tumble coat HPs. Lemme see how much money I have in my paypal account.

Smoke4320
07-23-2014, 06:06 PM
All orders received thru this morning have been shipped..
Thanks for all the support

Beagle333
07-23-2014, 06:28 PM
2-1/2 days now, and 100% of the voters want Jade Green and Purple![smilie=l:

NewbieDave007
07-23-2014, 06:37 PM
I've been ordered by the wife that if you get bright/metallic purple that I am to buy her some.

Smoke4320
07-26-2014, 06:22 PM
Hoping to add this Purple within the next 2 weeks

if you want Please get your orders in and I will ship out ASAP

PS I will be Visiting dying father again.. leaving early in the morning and not returning till late Sunday night .. So I will answer any PM's Or emails Monday.. Just a heads up
Thanks

Smoke4320
07-28-2014, 12:10 PM
All orders received Friday , Sat, and Sunday except Purple are boxed and going to the Post Office
Thanks for the continued support

Beagle333
07-28-2014, 01:01 PM
Thank you for continuing to bring a good product at a fair price! Good job!

Free bump!

Smoke4320
07-29-2014, 12:06 PM
I have been asked to keep the "In stock" on the first page and to list the RAL Numbers ..
Actually I have every color listed on page one at this time but it would not hurt me at all to add an "AS of" date and try to keep it updated.. so that will be done today ..
Will do my best in the next several days to start adding RAL Numbers
Thanks

Smoke4320
08-04-2014, 12:08 PM
All orders except those with Purple have been shipped today ..

Even better news RAL 6018 ..Yellow Green (Zombe Green) and RAL 4006 Traffic Purple will be here by 8/8/2014

Smoke4320
08-06-2014, 10:17 AM
Ok I have posted a PC server fund drive offer
for every 1 lb of powder I sell between now and 8/23/2014 I will donate $2.00 to the server fund

Trying to do my part to keep the greatest firearms site on the internet going

p?249802-PC-Powder-Server-fund-Drive&p=2882145#post2882145 (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?249802-PC-Powder-Server-fund-Drive&p=2882145#post2882145)

Thanks for the support

bangerjim
08-06-2014, 11:05 AM
Ok I have posted a PC server fund drive offer
for every 1 lb of powder I sell between now and 8/23/2014 I will donate $22.00 to the server fund

Trying to do my part to keep the greatest firearms site on the internet going

p?249802-PC-Powder-Server-fund-Drive&p=2882145#post2882145 (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?249802-PC-Powder-Server-fund-Drive&p=2882145#post2882145)

Thanks for the support

I think you meant $2.00/pound per the other thread.

banger

Smoke4320
08-06-2014, 01:55 PM
bangerjim
yes $2.00 per pound .. Fat Fingers and mind on parents...
thanks for catching that ..
post fixed ..

John D
08-07-2014, 07:30 PM
Smoke,
Put me down for a trial pack.
Colors: Black, Blue, Green and Yellow.

I'll be using PayPal.

PM inbound.

Smoke4320
08-15-2014, 12:34 PM
New color Super Durable HI GLOSS CLEAR Should be arriving 8/18 to 19/2014

I only have 5 LBs of this so get your orders in early

mwc
08-15-2014, 11:28 PM
SMOKE, I got my powder in the mail today Thanks for the prompt shipping.