PDA

View Full Version : Beeman P1 Spring

JLarsson
05-09-2014, 11:37 PM
I have had a Beeman P1 in .20 caliber for a number of years. Great gun! It's great practice for .45 shooting.

The spring seems to be getting fatigued and I would like to replace it. Does anyone have a source for the correct spring and any experience on how to proceed?

Thanks for any help.

backroad
05-10-2014, 12:42 PM
Try vortekproducts.com don"t think they stock but phone call might get you one.Also pyramid air sells beeman parts.

JLarsson
05-10-2014, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the information, backroad. I hadn't heard of vortekproducts before. Seems like I tried to get a spring from Pyramid Air a few years ago and they wanted me to send the P1 in to them to be serviced. I might be thinking of something else, though.

Have you ever disassembled a P1? If so, anything special to watch out for? Thanks again.

JLarsson
05-12-2014, 09:39 PM
I found a place called Specialty Shooting Sports Outdoors (http://www.specialtyshootingsportsoutdoors.com) that had the P1 spring (listed for HW45 - same thing) and main seal also. They are in Canada, but are shipping from Idaho....somehow....via USPS flat-rate. We'll see how long it takes to get it here (Western Montana) but their prompt communication with me to verify shipping charges bodes well.

roysha
05-13-2014, 10:59 AM
Air Rifle Headquarters. Second page of "tune kits", HW45.

They may even be able to help you out as far as the repair goes but it's probably just as quick and maybe even better to go to YouTube and watch a video of someone doing the spring replacement. Some of these people are idiots so watch a couple or more to make sure you are getting the correct information.

JLarsson
05-13-2014, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the info. They definitely have the spring. The folks in Canada also have the seal, but ARH might have those at various times, just not now.

backroad
05-13-2014, 09:10 PM
No i have not worked on p1 but on other air guns if you are mechanical it is pretty easy google is your friend.