PDA

View Full Version : wapiti

popper
05-08-2014, 04:24 PM
http://m.koreus.com/video/wapiti-vs-photographe.html too bad it's not elk season yet.

Spruce
05-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Thanks for sharing.

C. Latch
05-08-2014, 05:59 PM
Mmmm. I'd like to have him over for dinner (the elk).

NVScouter
05-08-2014, 07:27 PM
The tourist are starting to trickle in to Yellowstone now. A few us have a bet on the first mauling. Elk Bear or Bison.

GaryN
05-08-2014, 07:49 PM
It takes all kinds. I would never let one get that close. They are too unpredictable. He is very, very lucky and very, very stupid. I can see why they get gored.

Gussy
05-08-2014, 07:59 PM
I'm having BBQ elk steak tonight!!! Got lucky last yr.

Bo1
05-08-2014, 09:00 PM
That is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen. No wonder people get hurt by wild animals..
Bo

Idaho Mule
05-09-2014, 12:06 AM
Cute, now that he's a wildlife expert I can't help but wonder how he'll feel the next time, when he gets bred. JW

Bad Water Bill
05-09-2014, 05:44 AM
The ignoramus photographer was surrounded by others just as stupid.

Not a one of the cars were used to scare or drive the elk away either.

Stupid folks all all around.

EMC45
05-09-2014, 05:33 PM
I've been in that park. We saw elk right on the side of the road just like that. Also a black bear and cubs. The elk were quite big when they right next to the car.

quilbilly
05-09-2014, 07:06 PM
That youngster was probably tired of being picked on over the previous six weeks by the adult bulls and cows and was just taking out his frustration. A friend and I saved the video of a young bull bison tossing a stupid tourist at Jellystone about ten years ago. We were raising buffs at the time a knew exactly what was coming so we cheered on the buff.

Southern Son
05-09-2014, 09:02 PM
I loved the bit at the beginning, where it says that the photographer was doing the right thing, but the elk wanted to start trouble.

"Damned elk, they are always getting into trouble. They have started hanging around in gangs, now. That photographer is lucky that the elk didn't steal and pawn his camera gear."

Changeling
05-10-2014, 01:27 PM
Well I don't know about you guys but that elk is welcome anytime on my property, not so sure I want that photographer on it though! He might start giving them darned ground hogs some fancy ideas.

luvtn
05-10-2014, 08:35 PM
From what I understand, that particular bull was culled for his aggressiveness. I concur that the photographer was very lucky to not get a horn into his skull, a crushed skull, or a horn through his rib cage.
luvtn

Jr.
05-10-2014, 08:41 PM
The bull was just trying to knock some sense into him. And the media makes it look like he's a bad guy

Bad Water Bill
05-10-2014, 08:50 PM
Thinking back on the video One question keeps popping up.

Do elk have a sense of humor?

That elk could have knocked the STUPID IGNORANT photographer back on his butt then stomped a mud hole in the middle of the fools lunch bucket.

Instead the elk even allowed the fool to pick up his hat and get it set just so before the elk nudged him again.

woodbutcher
05-10-2014, 09:41 PM
:bigsmyl2:Seems like Will Rogers said it best."Common sense ain`t so common".
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

MBTcustom
05-10-2014, 11:08 PM
Anybody that has ever grown up with horned animals would know that everything that guy did was completely wrong. The way he kept putting his hat back on and pointing his camera at that elk was egging him on. I grew up on a goat farm and a young male goat will act the same way. Seen it 1000 times.
I tell you something that takes the sauce out of em though: If they push against you like that, just pull their horns. They want you to be their punching bag, or to push back against them, but they can't stand to be pulled. Their heads aren't meant to work that way, all the muscles in their necks are week in that direction and they know it. Just like a couple turns of electric tape will keep a gators mouth shut. Anyway, once all the billy's knew that if they butted me they were going to get their horns yanked, none of them wanted to fool with me anymore. It's like screeching to a halt when a dog is chasing you. They just don't know what to do anymore. LOL!

starmac
05-11-2014, 04:24 AM
The guy is extremely lucky he happened on a playful elk. If culling had to be done, it would have made more sense to cull him instead of the elk.

bart55
05-12-2014, 07:56 PM
The guy is extremely lucky he happened on a playful elk. If culling had to be done, it would have made more sense to cull him instead of the elk.

I fully agree should have culled that nincompoop with the camera

sten668
05-14-2014, 01:24 AM
Gosh, looks like we need a few more wolves to cull out the stupid tourists. If only we could train them.....

Bad Water Bill
05-14-2014, 02:52 AM
Gosh, looks like we need a few more wolves to cull out the stupid tourists. If only we could train them.....

Good idea.

Once trained send them to the areas where there are plenty more like that photographer AND the stupid folks that were there with him.

Just think of all of the ignoramus herds available in the mountains of Denver or near the shores of most of the other locations ignoramus have been reported to breed and multiply.

starmac
05-15-2014, 03:53 AM
There used to be a gas station north of phoenix that had three ragged looking buffaloes in a small pen for tourists to gawk at. There was a sign about every 5 feet warning people not to climb over the fence. I sk the owner if he really thought he really needed those signs. He laughed and said probably at least once a week someone would climb over, and that old bull would boot them right back over before they even got their feet on the ground. lol

NVScouter
05-15-2014, 10:04 AM
There used to be a gas station north of phoenix that had three ragged looking buffaloes in a small pen for tourists to gawk at. There was a sign about every 5 feet warning people not to climb over the fence. I sk the owner if he really thought he really needed those signs. He laughed and said probably at least once a week someone would climb over, and that old bull would boot them right back over before they even got their feet on the ground. lol

A guy in Ione NV has that same setup. It's like the guy that climbed into the San Diego zoo to fight a polar bear.