PDA

View Full Version : New Recruts! Again!

mikeym1a
05-08-2014, 12:59 AM
I've been working on getting ammo ready for when I am well enough to go shooting with my sons (need them for the heavy lifting), and got to wondering about the boolits I have made for my Comblain. I got Lee 429 mold that threw about a 290gr boolit, and lapped it out to .436. But, it is more oval than round. Oh, they go through the sizer well enough, and measure round, but, the obvious our of round worried me that they might not be stable. So, I go to looking at various vendors, and finally found a mold that drops at 310gr and .434. That will patch up nicely to the Comblain's groove diameter. It is a NOE mold. Once again, I am impressed with the ease of making boolits with his molds. Just checked against my handy-dandy caliper, and it reads right at .434, as advertised. I cast 70 boolits, and had 10 culls, most likey the first 10. Great mold, pretty boolits! Thanks NOE!!!!!!!

BAGTIC
05-10-2014, 11:30 AM
I suspect they will be round by the time they exit the barrel.

mikeym1a
05-11-2014, 12:09 AM
Yeah, it would be, but with my shooting, I need all the help I can get! Besides, my lapped out mold didn' t make pretty boolits! Not that you could tell after they get wrapped.

Below, there's a squad of my new recruits ready for flight training. :-)

dikman
05-11-2014, 04:21 AM
Looks like you've got them well-trained, standing in nice orderly rows.:lol: