PDA

View Full Version : PCP accuracy

Little Doc
05-07-2014, 05:46 PM
got a FDPCP in 177. will put ten covered with a quarter and eight of those covered with a nickel. Happy with that and decided to get another in 22. the 22 will not do this but will shoot 2" groups with two in the 10ring and three two inches out at 7oclock. next five will one at 7 out 2 in and one at 4 out 2 in then one at 6 then two in the black. other groups similar but not the same place. all this both guns shot at 25 yds. added the bstaley mod to the 22 but no improvement in accuracy. gun cleaned, barrel crowned and recrowned. pellets are benjiman. scratching my head what to do next? any suggestions? do not have local access to other pellets except Crossman. they really seem to be the same.
m

nhrifle
05-07-2014, 06:13 PM
Maybe I missed it, but what is the make and model of rifle giving you trouble? More info about the actual rifle may help.

My first guess would be to try other pellets. The Benjis you have been shooting are notorious for not grouping well, which is surprising for a Crosman product. Check out http://www.pyramydair.com/ and see the ammo selection they have. They ship fast, pack them nicely, and you buy three you get one free.

Little Doc
05-07-2014, 06:49 PM
FDPCP, flying dragon co2 converted to pcp. XISICO model xs60c. operates at 1500psi. think it might be barrel as two friends have the 22 also and they stack the same pellets. could be pellets but thought I would check out other possibilities first.

45cal
05-08-2014, 11:45 AM
I went thru some of the same ,when I first bot the maurader 22.
I order from http://www.pyramydair.com/ the rws field line.
They are the finest ammo I have shot.

MT Chambers
05-08-2014, 10:04 PM
My PCP .22 likes JSB 18.1grs. and H&N target trophy 21 grs., no others are even close!

grizzlyadams
05-09-2014, 10:51 AM
try different pellets before assuming it is the barrel, every barrel is different, and just because a few other people's same gun like one type, does not mean yours will like the same thing

Little Doc
05-10-2014, 04:02 PM
problem solved fixed with a oring slid on the bbl and wedged between the bbl and air tube. picture attached if I can figger it out.[ATTACH=CONFIG]104476[/ATTACH
ten shots 25 yds.