PDA

View Full Version : Dixie Classic Gun Show Round Up, Raleigh

jonp
05-04-2014, 05:33 PM
Went to the show today as I worked yesterday. Crowds were light but steady with elbow room to walk around. The firearms were all "before panic" prices. There were many of all shapes and sizes available if you wanted one.
Many primers there. I bought some Tula LRP for $25/1000. Wins were there anywhere from $30 to $35. LPP, SPP etc all plentiful.

Powder..well, there were most of what you wanted in stock but you were going to pay a little for it. I saw an 8lb jug of Promo for $120 which was not bad. I bought 8lbs of 3031 for $187. The 4195 was $202 before taxes. By the lb was everything from 8208, 4064, 2230, cfe223, 700x, AR Comp etc. Most were in the high 20's to low 30's/lb.

What was not there on the second day of the gun show was pistol powders like Bullseye, Unique and so on.

Ammo was in stock and there was much to be had but the prices were still high. 22lr could be gotten for $60/500. I saw it for anywhere from $6-$10/50. I bought some at the local lgs this week for $4/50 so I was not that interested. All calibers were in evidence.

I did almost pick up a sweet Husky 30-06 for $500. The seller said he had shot it himself and got 1.5moa with a variety of ammo weight. It was in good shape and I should have snapped it up.

If you wanted to pay for powder you could get it.

So my take is that the shortage on powder is pretty much over here in NC but you will pay and average of $30/lb for it.