PDA

View Full Version : some days you need to stay in bed and pull the covers over your head

propwashp47
05-04-2014, 03:10 AM
spent the day from hell driving all over Austin in crazy traffic to get est on body work on the wife's 2009 f1504x4 a parking lot side scrape. how wood I know all body shops stop work at noon. 6 shops later we grab a dq burger and shake and head for home. I take the flyover onto ih35 south and the wife says (look the are stopped for no reason , this is why I don't go this way.} so we are stopped too and I hear the sound of 1 second of very hard braking and kblam , and kblam and more kbam. we got lucky and where only hit 3 times. my luck was still holding when we did not get knock over the side of a good 100 ft drop . low back and neck pain. same place and same pain from getting rear ended 1 year and 1 week ago that I was still dealing with. wife has neck and back pain too. stay home and make boolits and shoot them. the ford truck is probably toast but got us to hospital and the home , sometimes you may thing things a not going well take a deep breath and think how really good things are going with your life. the end or not.

**oneshot**
05-04-2014, 07:18 AM
Sorry to hear that. 35 was nuts when I was in texas. Only time I ever got pulled over for going too slow. I guess doing 75 was more of a hazard than keeping up with traffic. I avoided it at all cost.

monadnock#5
05-04-2014, 08:03 AM
And here I thought Mass drivers were the worst. I'm glad you and yours didn't go over the precipice.

Bullshop Junior
05-04-2014, 11:09 AM
I drive on 35 towards san antonio every few days and 10 every weekday. Loop 1604 in San antonio is probably the worse road I have ever driven on. Actually I take that back. Town town denver Colorado at rush hour was the worst.

Glad y'all are ok.

DLCTEX
05-04-2014, 03:31 PM
I-10 and I-210 in Houston gets my vote for crazy.I haven't been on it in 33 years and would still drive 200 miles out of my way to avoid it, as I have done since moving away from it. Christmas eve of 81 I spent two hours getting a few blocks to the interstate from Galleria Mall, and then had to take I-210 all the way around houston to get to Hockley, Tx. The smog made me ill. Never been back.

starmac
05-04-2014, 05:35 PM
You guys should try any of the interstates getting out of LA on a friday evening, or miami, chicago, etc etc. Any major city in the country is a royal pita, some just a little worse than others. lol That said, it makes a guy love rush hour anywhere in Alaska. lol

xs11jack
05-04-2014, 08:20 PM
Getting out of LA on Friday evening is no worse than from the valley to Redondo Beach at 2 am on the 405 was stop and go. This was in 1984.
Ole Jack

starmac
05-04-2014, 08:37 PM
I have seen it stop and go (heavy on the stop) half way to the state line on I 10 before, and pretty much to vegas on I 15. I have seen them make all semis park on sunday nights, so that people coming back from Vegas could make it back to work on a holliday weekend. lol

TXGunNut
05-04-2014, 09:02 PM
Makes me glad they built the toll road around Austin, no need for me to do that stretch of 35 anymore. I've done the metromess and Houston and Austin more than I want, hope I never have to work or live in a big city any more.
Glad it wasn't worse, hope you're stocked up on ibu and the folks who hit you have insurance. Sounds like you won't have to fix the truck. Tell the insurance it's not safe to drive, they'll come by the house to do the estimate or send a tow truck to take it to a body shop.

MaryB
05-04-2014, 09:06 PM
I494 in the Twin Cities is just as bad, one of the reasons I avoid going to the city. Last time I was up there was 2 years ago an I narrowly avoided 2 accidents as idiots on phones changed lanes without looking in 85mph traffic.

Superfly
05-04-2014, 11:14 PM
The twin cities is about as bad a Chicago now. I hate going to the twin cities specially st paul. I try to go in the dark and find a place to sleep with the semi or wait till traffic has died down then show up around 9 am it saves my sanity and probably peoples lifes.

propwashp47
05-05-2014, 12:15 AM
104104( ya know a man needs to know his limitations I drive for a living 75,00 to 90,00 a year for 30 + years metroplex ,s.a.), Austin. I jumped at the chance to have a out of town route and it only took 51/2 years for me to get hit from behind in temple . if put in the miles you will get hit! every highway project for more tan 25 years go s for any other transportations idea bicycles in the road jogging trail on board walls floating on the river, and metro trains all most empty mon- fri and full of drunken 6th street partiers Friday night till sun night. and now they want 1.5 billion dollars to tunnel the river for a 10 mile line . this is why I moved out to the country. I may have to work there but I wont live there or feed that tax base. any way if we make it to early august we will have a big party for my 60th birthday and some thing less for the wife and all so our 40 ave bbq and bbq gun shoot out. now I need to find time to bags some young hogs

HeavyMetal
05-05-2014, 10:05 PM
I take it the side swipe was a Hit and Run?

That can be the only reason you were hunting estimates, which is a shame.

My Contour was rear ended, and "killed", in late January this year but Farmers got and adjuster out to my Apt. in 3 whole days to set a replacement price on the car.

Hopefully this will now take place with the current problem, hate city driving and hope you both recover quickly.

TXGunNut
05-05-2014, 10:14 PM
My Contour was rear ended, and "killed", in late January this year but Farmers got and adjuster out to my Apt. in 3 whole days to set a replacement price on the car.

Bummer, those Contours were actually pretty good cars. Parts are very expensive and getting harder to find every day. Probably not such a bad thing if you got a decent settlement, I'd hate to have it "totalled" by a mechanical breakdown.

TXGunNut
05-05-2014, 10:16 PM
How are ya'll feeling today, propwashp47?

propwashp47
05-06-2014, 04:21 AM
heavymetal thanks for the well wish's the kid that started all of this 6 cars or so behind me tried to make a end run on the left of me and the second time we where hit in the rear we where knocked in to the left lane right in to his right hand door, his f150 was smashed in 2 feet all crossed the front end and passenger window was shattered and when we hit his left door the glass fell out as my f150 pushed he up on 2 wheels he got a real good look at the ground 100 ft below. as I stumble and weaved back to him he was still seated in the cab shaking. I guess the good part is he kept me from going over . the kids dad showed up and heard the cops say the van that hit us had been drinking. he had to be cut out . we let as soon as we could and drove to the hospital. sill waiting for the report to sort this mess out.

propwashp47
05-06-2014, 04:29 AM
tough going to day made to 3 body shops and work to turn in monthy reports. by the time I got home cant stand or walk, but by 330 am still cant get to sleep. OH well see what the new day brings/ thanks for asking txgunnut. how's the hunting on your new ranch? I now have a strange craving for black power? must be the meds.

smokeywolf
05-06-2014, 06:14 AM
Never ever say, "It can't get any worse". It can and it will.

smokeywolf

propwashp47
05-06-2014, 11:44 PM
I know u right I learned that alooong time ago.

propwashp47
05-06-2014, 11:49 PM
on a bright spot I picked up 12 bars of 50/50 solder and .45 colt and 45/70 brass made in makeing the body shop rounds made a deal to smelt some gold alamagnum for the brass and 50/50 was $1.25 lbs

propwashp47
05-07-2014, 12:02 AM
I know u right I learned that alooong time ago.

MaryB
05-07-2014, 12:24 AM
Make sure you get your entire spine checked out. I had an accident in Nov and it ruptured 5 discs in my neck, 4 bad enough to need surgery.

AKtinman
05-07-2014, 11:36 PM
I remember when Loop 1604 was built, and it was WAY out in the country. Few thought San Antonio would grow all the way out to it. It can be a crazy road. Oh, yeah, it is NOT way out in the country anymore.

I drive on 35 towards san antonio every few days and 10 every weekday. Loop 1604 in San antonio is probably the worse road I have ever driven on. Actually I take that back. Town town denver Colorado at rush hour was the worst.

Glad y'all are ok.

propwashp47
05-08-2014, 12:48 AM
I lived there then and ARA ran test fleets of cars on it like a private track. we use to drive around the whole city