PDA

View Full Version : Making use of Quickload

brotherdarrell
05-01-2014, 08:40 PM
I am going to try to keep this short and to the point.

I have a load for my Ar that cycles 100%. If I reduce the powder by one grain I do not get 100% function.

I enter the specifics, of the good load, into Quickload and it generates a predicted pressure curve.

I place my cursor on the curve where my gas port is. It gives me a predicted pressure at that point.

Can I use this predicted pressure as a guide for "minimum" port pressure required to reliably function with other powders?

Thanks

Darrell - Quickload rocks.

brotherdarrell
05-02-2014, 01:31 AM
Would it help if I said that my accuracy is very "mediocre" and that I am doing nothing to make it better?

How about I said that I am trying to find an "easy" answer?:veryconfu

kencha
05-02-2014, 02:06 AM
I've used it that way. It has been a pretty good predictor of what will work. I seem to remember that there was a load or two that QL predicted would cycle the action but reality said otherwise. I don't recall the exact loads though.

BABore
05-02-2014, 05:19 AM
Adjustable Gas Block.

Flinchrock
05-03-2014, 08:59 AM
What else can you do? Unless you have a pressure trace setup the only thing you can do is to use prediction software.
The main reason I bought QL to begin with was to predict gas port pressure in my gas guns.

Find out what the spec's are and load accordingly, rifle length and mid length are completely different.

BAGTIC
05-03-2014, 12:55 PM
Why would you want to be loading to the minimum port gas pressure? I would be trying to avoid maximum permissible port pressure but never to the minimum. There are too many day to day variables such as temperature that could effect the minimum reliable pressure. Reliability is one of the foremost requirements in an auto-loader otherwise it becomes another manual repeater. One that functions inferior to a designed manual repeater at that.

blikseme300
05-03-2014, 01:05 PM
Adjustable Gas Block.

This worked for me also. Had the gas port opened up and replaced the gas block with an adjustable one. Chasing cycling and accuracy with CB's without one did not work out for me.