PDA

View Full Version : convenient powder meassure found for 4h muzzle loader day

GREENCOUNTYPETE
04-28-2014, 11:58 AM
I had been looking around at pistol stands and saw one guy had a powder measure on his pistol stand
So I had a Lee perfect powder measure , and I made a pistol stand so I screwed it to the stand
we had 4H muzzle loader day Saturday , and i had some empty 44 shell casings , the kids mostly use 30gr for target work so i dialed it in for 30gr and they could hold the case under it and actuate the lever and have the same amount of powder every time , very quick and convenient for a day of shooting

mooman76
04-28-2014, 12:40 PM
Those Lee PPMs are a good inexpensive powder measure. Some people scoff at them but others sware by them. Mine works great for me. I have even considered picking up another but haven't. I'll wait until one of those nay sayers want to get rid of one cheap.

MadHamster
04-28-2014, 02:21 PM
I can confirm it is a very convenient way for a longer shooting session, i take a powder measure(Smart reloader knock off of Lee PPM) and a flask of powder with me and just drop the loads as needed, and same for developing load at range (read developing a load I suck least with :) ).

dondiego
04-28-2014, 03:42 PM
MadHamster - Now that does look like a mad.......and dangerous hamster. Wicked, devious, smile!

GREENCOUNTYPETE
05-01-2014, 09:01 AM
Mad hamster , how is the gun climate in Czech Republic , it sounds like you muzzle load for sure , what about cartridge guns , is it a special permit or license or is it stop off at the hardware store and pay down your funds and walk out carrying your new rifle

I have to admit about all I know about Czech Republic is that my brother said Prague was nice and ya'll had good beer , but i think he found the beer good most everywhere while he was studying abroad for a semester in Budapest.

MadHamster
05-01-2014, 01:11 PM
@GREENCOUNTYPETE We have probably the best gun laws in EU. You need to get a permit to get certain firearms, but it is probably easier than getting a driving license.

Concealed carry is permitted given you have the right type of license(no big deal, you just need to score higher on the test)
No special permit for SBR/SBS apart from anouncing an intent to buy and getting the right paper(20 minutes at the police usually) and that is only for semi-autos.
Muzzleloaders up to two shots can be legaly owned from age 18+(more than two shots you need to get a license, pre 1891 manufatured guns are extempted from this) and same goes for pre 1891 manufactured guns( I'm still looking for 1890 Maxim :D ). Only other requirement is that you have to be of legal capacity(i hope i got that one right)

Felony conviction is not an automatic no-no for a firearms license, there is just a "cool down" period, which is 5-20 years depending on the crime.
You however need to have a pernament residency to get a firearms license as an legal alien, and that you won't get for at least 5 years.

On the downside we need to get special permission for a silencer or full auto guns.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
05-01-2014, 04:06 PM
that does sound like it is probably one of the best in the EU,must drive some of the other governments crazy all those citizens with guns just over the border , I know many Eu nations would like to see the Swiss regulate arms more.

here is a comparison , in the US it is some what state by state

I live in Wisconsin
muzzle loaders and black powder cap and ball revolvers your supposed to be 18 to purchase but they are almost completely unregulated any one can own or purchase and they can be shipped through he mail without going thru a dealer , if your a felon the police can count it as a weapon and that might be a problem for you , there is no set cooling off period if you are a felon you have to petition the court to return your rights - I have a cousin that has been clean for years now and keeps talking about petitioning to the court to allow him a hunting shotgun or muzzle loader but for now he just bow hunts no regulation of bows and they are not an issue for a felon to own and hunt with.

rifles and shotguns , can be purchased private party with no papers, license or permit but dealers have to call you in and make sure your not a "restricted person" the dealer keeps the records on who they sold the gun to and can be audited if the gun was found to be used in a crime to learn who it was sold to
this is really the same for pistols except they make you wait 48 hours to take delivery in Wisconsin, even if it is your 2nd 3rd , 5th or 100th pistol even if you walk in carrying a loaded pistol on your belt, dumb law but it is what it is.
semi auto , pump, bolt , revolver, single shot , a gun is a gun they only get grouped into long gun meaning shotgun or rifle with a barrel longer than 16 inches , pistol (pistols can not have shoulder stocks ) then SBR all rifles with barrels less than 16 inches and AOW any other weapon this would be smooth bore pistols , or short barrel shotguns

there is the exemption here for pre 1890 or somthing like that also but those are fairly few

Generally the regulation of arms is Illegal under the constitution but the goverment never seems to see their own breaking of the law and hasn't fully understood -Shall not Infringe- but it isn't to bad here yet other states go much further to trample their citizens rights

as for carry we "may" like they gave us the right well any way without issues with police and fines or such you can open carry a pistol at 18 even though you can't purchase one from a dealer till 21 but if you buy in a private sale you can purchase pistols at 18, apply for a conceal carry license at 21 it is shall issue so as long as you have no criminal record they have to issue you one it is not expensive less than 50 dollars fro 5 years with an even less expensive renewal 25 dollars i think fro your next 5 years since it is so much less expensive than the fine for not having one and getting caught most just pay it , you can not drink Alcohol in a tavern or in public while carrying concealed however because like driving a car it is a licensed activity.
there are a lot of states that offer reciprocity with other states for concealed carry.

again we should be able to carry with no negative repercussions with nothing but our citizenship and not being a felon but goverment likes it's taxes and fees , in some states their citizens are free to carry with no license or permit any way they wish.

we also need special tax stamps to possess legal machine guns , SBR, AOW and suppressors , and the goverment office in charge of issuing those is 6 or more month behind but the good part is that that law was made so long ago that the tax of 200 dollars for machine guns , SBR, and suppressors is more of just a hassle no than the ridiculous tax it was when the law was made with the intent of keeping common people from affording such items , AOW is 5 or 10 dollars I forget at the time that tax was imposed that would have been more than the cost of the gun.

guns are fairly common since no official record is actually kept it is estimated that 47% of all people who are not "restricted persons" own a gun and that 47% own more guns than there are people in the country

any way now that i have highjacked my own thread

it was nice hearing about the Czech republic