PDA

View Full Version : Visit with Goodsteel

jaysouth
04-27-2014, 08:42 PM
Yesterday, Goodsteel was gracious enough to let me drop by and see his shop and chat. I was amazed at some of the innovative machine work that he uses to correctly chamber a barrel that will insure superb accuracy. The tools and fixtures that insure this dead centering of chambers are of his own concept and fabrication.

I once heard, "there will always be 5% that don't get the word. I was one of the people who DID not know that he is a FFL and does accuracy and barrel work for people all over the country. He is of the old school, doing all the stock, action, and barrel work himself. I hope that he posts pictures of some of the mother of pearl inlay work that he is now doing.

Let me assure you that Tim is a righteous individual with good character and ethic, skilled hands and a nimble and innovative mind. I am going to start building up my 'reptile fund' (monies for slimy and nefarious purposes (according to my wife)) for a future project.

Thanks Tim, for letting me stop by.

Bullshop Junior
04-27-2014, 08:50 PM
I would love to see Tim's shop. Maybe someday. He does do really good work. I have a few rifles I with I could afford to send to him..

Love Life
04-27-2014, 09:26 PM
His guns shoot very well. I wouldn't hesitate to send my guns to him for whatever needed doing.

AlaskanGuy
04-27-2014, 09:28 PM
I wanna visit.... But more for some of his wifes comfort food.... And maybe some great fellowship time.... Maybe I can talk him into coming fishing.....

HollandNut
04-28-2014, 03:56 AM
I didn't know he did all this , but I do like comfort food

shredder
04-28-2014, 09:16 AM
Darn guy posted a pic of a fabulous .358 winchester he was working on and got me all steamed up to have one. If only I could have him ship me a rifle across the boarder to the North......

From his posts he is obviously a patient and caring individual who has deep knowledge gained from personal expereince. If only I could have just one of his fabulous creations......

dragon813gt
04-28-2014, 09:38 AM
Tim is a great guy. I spoke to him at length one evening. I was just making sure the rifle I sent him, Savage 99 in 358 Winchester, arrived safe and sound and we ended up discussing all manner of things besides said rifle. I have another Savage 99 to send him after the first one is completed. After seeing his work I did not hesitate to contact him to get everything set up. I'd love to see his shop but he is thousands of miles away from me :(

MBTcustom
04-28-2014, 10:41 AM
It was an honor to meet you sir. I just wish we had more time!
The pleasure was mine.

cbrick
04-28-2014, 10:42 AM
Comfort food? :mrgreen: Hhmmm . . . I remember Tim saying to stop by anytime to see his shop. I just may have to make that 2 hour drive and . . . Check out this . . . shop. :coffeecom

Rick

cbrick
04-28-2014, 01:27 PM
I will probably do that but let me tell ya, it's tough being retired with so many demands on your time. Like tomorrow for example, I have to get up early, pack a lunch and spend all day on winelover's (John) brand new pontoon boat fishing the Bull Shoals lake. Then there's cleaning fish, just one thing after another. It's tough I tell ya. [smilie=1:

Rick

Harter66
04-28-2014, 02:05 PM
I drove the 1700 miles to meet the man and stand in his shop. Tim is in fact a Gentleman of the highest standard. I have to admit that a particular job he did for me that changed some of the things/ways that he does. His work is top shelf and there is a level of care placed in every job that is above and beyond.

You can search ''the little carcano that can''.

GaryN
04-28-2014, 11:52 PM
I wish you guys would lay off. I've been thinking of saving some money for a project. If you guys keep it up I will never be able to afford him.

waynem34
04-29-2014, 02:56 PM
I will probably do that but let me tell ya, it's tough being retired with so many demands on your time. Like tomorrow for example, I have to get up early, pack a lunch and spend all day on winelover's (John) brand new pontoon boat fishing the Bull Shoals lake. Then there's cleaning fish, just one thing after another. It's tough I tell ya. [smilie=1:

Rick

Now he is just showing off.LOL