PDA

View Full Version : Moving from SPFLD, OR to Pe Ell WA.

crazy mark
04-26-2014, 11:03 PM
Spent Tue thru Friday getting all my reloading and other stuff ready to move. Started by loading my F-150 with all my cast boolits that were waiting to be loaded. Then all the lead and wheel weights I new I had in the U-haul. Found lino type and other melted down wheel weights, lino type bars and 1/2 rolls of lino type. Plus another approx. 1500 lbs of lead/alloy mix. A 5 gal. bucket full of 50/50 and 95/5 solder. Overall I would say at least 3000 to 4000 lbs worth. I had already brought up all my loaded ammo just before Easter. It's a wonder my garage isn't sinking. My helpers did complain just a little. My 2 boys and a neighbor boy. He got a butter knife handle 30-30 and cash also though. They boys are glad Mom is up here though. She just feels guilty about things that happened years ago and shouldn't feel bad about. All because of their younger brother whom I don't claim.

Catshooter
04-27-2014, 09:15 PM
Yep. The only time you've got too much ammo is when you're on fire or moving.

Cat

beagle
04-27-2014, 09:16 PM
I know you'll be glad to get moved and all in one place. I know the feeling on lead. My barn roof might blow off but the foundation ain't going anywhere.

Let me know when you get to the new place and I'll switch e-mail addresses./beagle

shaune509
04-27-2014, 10:23 PM
Sorry Crazy Mark but where are you moving to? This Eastern Washingtonion doesn't get the Pe Ell referance.
Shaune509

Artful
04-27-2014, 10:30 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pe_Ell,_Washington

Pe Ell is a town in Lewis County, Washington, United States. The population was 632 at the 2010 census.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d6/Lewis_County_Washington_Incorporated_and_Unincorpo rated_areas_Pe_Ell_Highlighted.svg/800px-Lewis_County_Washington_Incorporated_and_Unincorpo rated_areas_Pe_Ell_Highlighted.svg.png

shaune509
04-27-2014, 10:45 PM
Artfull, thanks I thought it was an abrevation [sp] of some sort. Most likely an Indian name and being a small town explains why I did not know of it, Much like Oso, never heared of it till the slid hit the news.
Shaune509

Catshooter
04-28-2014, 04:16 AM
Washington state is full of Indian names.

Pe Ell is pronounced Pay Ell.

Cat

fatelk
04-28-2014, 11:56 PM
And here I thought I had too much heavy stuff! Now i find out I'm an amateur. :)

My friends in Springfield that helped me move last year got quite a laugh at the pile of ammo and reloading stuff we piled in a trailer. One friend made the comment that he had never seen so much ammo in one place. Since I happen to know that he previously spent several years in the sunny sands of Iraq courtesy of the Marine Corp, I expect he was exaggerating somewhat...

I know where Pe Ell is very well. We drive past your exit every time we go to visit the in-laws. I'll wave next time we drive by. :)

crazy mark
04-29-2014, 12:19 AM
Southwest WA. West of Chehalis on state rt 6

Sorry Crazy Mark but where are you moving to? This Eastern Washingtonion doesn't get the Pe Ell referance.
Shaune509

crazy mark
04-29-2014, 12:25 AM
2 thoughts to the name. Indian chief named peshell or a french explorer. Nobody is positive. 2 bars with restaurants, a quicky mart with gas station, grocery store, 2 small hard ware stores, post office and a weyerhauser log truck yard. Last marshal was driving his cop car drunk and speeding with his headlights off. ex-wife lives about 6 blocks away.

FrankG
04-30-2014, 01:19 PM
I grew up 26mi north of Tacoma in early 60's . At that time Pe Ell was a pretty active logging concern if I remember right.

crazy mark
05-02-2014, 12:20 AM
Lot of logging by different companies. No mills except in Doty about 12 miles away. Mill in Raymond 30 miles away. Weyco is the biggest. The rest are mainly jypo's.

quilbilly
05-04-2014, 06:45 PM
Lots of big black tail deer in that area and quite a few elk but that hoof rot disease is rapidly spreading into the elk herds around there. That disease is rapidly becoming catastrophic for the Roosevelt elk. It appeared about a dozen years ago brought in by infected cattle from Texas. A couple hunting units just south of you where the disease first started went from hundreds of elk to none (I( watched it happen. Of course the WDFW still offers cow elk tags to muzzleloaders in that area where the elk are gone and I call those tags "sucker tags". Typical of Washington). The elk herd near Mt. St. Helens has really been hard hit. Weyerhauser Timber Company is now charging trespass fees in that area too especially around the town of Toledo which is sad since the area was open to the public only a couple years ago.

crazy mark
05-05-2014, 02:10 AM
I get Black tails in my yard. Many years ago I hunted Elk around Raymond and South Bend. Still some along Highway 6 also. Another company that starts with R which I can't remember charges like Weyco.