PDA

View Full Version : Any paper patching books?

Bullshop Junior
04-26-2014, 12:35 AM
I'm looking to borrow a copy of the "the paper jacket" or any other books on paper patching. I never paid much attention to my dad doing it because I thought it was dumb and a waste of time. That all changed when I got this 32 Special. I didn't have a mold so tried rolling some PP so I could at least shoot it. One wrapped bullet and I was hooked.

So if anyone has a book or two I could borrow, I would greatly appreciate

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/26/6atunumu.jpg it. Thanks!

Saltner
04-26-2014, 01:08 PM
Give me your email Privat Message that I'll send you a PDF file

MOcaster
04-27-2014, 01:58 PM
I would let you barrow my copy but I'm still learning too!

mikeym1a
04-27-2014, 02:27 PM
Junior, I have been watching you since you decided to make your break from Alaska, and I am pleased with what I have seen. I admire your energy, and your joy of life. I have Mr Matthews book, to which I still refer, as I am still learning, myself, although very late in life, on my part. If you do not get the PDF that the other gentleman offered, PM me your address, and I will send to you on loan, with the address for return to my oldest son. I am pleased with What I see in you. mikey

BrassMagnet
04-27-2014, 02:36 PM
Junior, I have been watching you since you decided to make your break from Alaska, and I am pleased with what I have seen. I admire your energy, and your joy of life. I have Mr Matthews book, to which I still refer, as I am still learning, myself, although very late in life, on my part. If you do not get the PDF that the other gentleman offered, PM me your address, and I will send to you on loan, with the address for return to my oldest son. I am pleased with What I see in you. mikey

Mikey,

I have two. I'll take care of it! I already need to mail a box!
I might as well have a book loaner library, too!

BrassMagnet

Saltner
04-29-2014, 10:12 AM
Sent to all interested parties who have written to me in PM.
And now.....:coffee: and [smilie=6::2 drunk buddies:commit

Hardcast416taylor
04-29-2014, 10:30 AM
I read the Mathews book on patching and about anything else I could find that was related to it. Finally I just said to myself "Self, just start doing it"! Yes I made a bunch of wrinkly looking things. Eventually I got the hang of it and they were turning out looking like they should and actually flying "pretty straight". You can only learn so much from reading a book, actual hands on trying what you have read is the best teacher. I had no one to guide me, other than what I had read, so I learned the hard way.Robert

Saltner
04-29-2014, 11:09 AM
Learning the hard way gives immense satisfaction, for the rest there's Mastercard :bigsmyl2:

Bullshop Junior
04-29-2014, 10:34 PM
I've been playing with it this last weekend. I have a few rounds of 32 special loaded up with diffirant loads and weight bullets. I was hoping to get to the ranch today and get a chance to shoot, but I lost te place where I have been doing most of my shooting due to te rancher letting a guy move a RV in and he desided he liked the gravel pit to park....oh well. I still have another place, but its a good distance away so not just able to drop by and shoot every day after work...

Hardcast416taylor
04-29-2014, 11:04 PM
If you were closer to me I would let you use my 200 yd range, as well as show you how I paper patch.Robert

BrassMagnet
05-02-2014, 09:35 PM
Mailed.

Shall I start a paper book library, too?