PDA

View Full Version : anthem done right

bubba.50
04-26-2014, 12:02 AM
any "singing star" or other pseudo-celebrity who wants to sing the national anthem before a sporting event should have to take lessons from the 11yr old girl who sang at Richmond International Raceway to start tonight's nationwide race. sung right, straight from the heart & beautiful.

Bad Water Bill
04-26-2014, 05:09 AM
Simply amazing that a rank amateur can sing it the way it was actually written but the "professionals" always must desecrate it with their very own interpretation which to me always sounds like ----:evil:

Glad o hear that there still are some that sing and respect the song

w5pv
04-26-2014, 07:16 AM
God bless this little girl.

kbstenberg
04-26-2014, 07:45 AM
Does anyone have where I can hear her?

bbs70
04-26-2014, 08:31 AM
I believe this is the one they are referring to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msPtTq6HvkQ

Hickok
04-26-2014, 09:01 AM
Simply amazing that a rank amateur can sing it the way it was actually written but the "professionals" always must desecrate it with their very own interpretation which to me always sounds like ----:evil:

Glad o hear that there still are some that sing and respect the songBill I could not have said it better myself. That song and our flag has the blood, sweat and tears of countless American Service people and their families on them.

When "Roseanne" made up mockery of the anthem at a ball game years ago, I would have loved to have had a ball bat and dropped her colder than a block of ice!

popper
04-26-2014, 09:38 AM
Always great to see & hear about people who have respect for stuff other than themselves. Almost had to chew my tongue off last nite while watching my GK play soccer last nite. Noticed the overweight helicopter club gals on the bench 50yds away smelled the smoke from my cig., one finally came over and suggested she saw a 'no smoking' sign in the club house and I wasn't allowed to smoke on the field. Felt the urge to go strap my AR over my shoulder and watch the game. At least she was polite in stating her opinion. Oh, I stand a good 20yds away from the crowd when I do smoke, outside of course, where we have been relegated.

Bad Water Bill
04-26-2014, 11:00 AM
And this mourning I have the privilege to introduce you to the lady that will forever be remembered for her bringing "God Bless America" to us.

May I proudly present KATE SMITH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEJo7x9y3D4

It is not over till the fat lady sings will have a real meaning to the younger generation that did not actually see or hear her live.

Now I have something in my eye again.

fastfire
04-26-2014, 01:44 PM
Every time I here the national anthem sung I get goose bumps!

Rick Hodges
04-26-2014, 01:47 PM
Very Nice.