PDA

View Full Version : I guess I could use some prayer

Bullfrog
04-25-2014, 07:10 AM
As if life is not challenging enough living day to day I feel like the stresses have increased beyond belief. Buried my best friend and most know that, but my aunt died, my truck broke down, and this week my wife lost her job. Feeling kinda kicked around, but just need some prayers. I am considering selling off a Glock again and my prized unused and heavily accessorized Lee Pro 1000 in 45 ACP but I am resisting on both :(

Frog

Hickory
04-25-2014, 07:38 AM
I will pray for you.
You need to also pray, as I assume you have been.
I often feel God allows trials in our lives to help strengthens us in our spiritual lives.
And to build the sons and daughters that are holy and acceptable to him.
I hope this doesn't sound like a "peace be filled" sermon, but for now, pray and seek His direction.

pmer
04-25-2014, 08:08 AM
Wow Frog you have more wrong than what's in a country song!

Stay strong brother, hand it all over and He'll help you chip away.

missionary5155
04-25-2014, 08:21 AM
Good morning
Sure will pray for you. Things do pile up and He help with the load. He will not fail nor dump us off along the way.
Mike in Peru

HollandNut
04-25-2014, 08:22 AM
consider it done

Bullfrog
04-25-2014, 06:52 PM
My friends,
Thank you so very much. I do hold a strong faith in our Lord Jesus and I know that he will carry the burden for me. Had a few more "bumps" in the road today at work, but hey all is good and I know that I am on the right path towards the gate. Having friends pray for one is a bonus in life.

DLCTEX
04-25-2014, 10:56 PM
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not into your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct thy paths. Praying for you my brother.

jmort
04-25-2014, 11:00 PM
Praying for you Brother.

crowbuster
04-25-2014, 11:21 PM
Prayers for you and the family frog. Seems when im delt a hand like that something good comes along shortly and helps ease the pain. Hang in there, it'll look up soon buddy.

mikeym1a
04-26-2014, 12:09 AM
My prayers for you, and your family. Trust in God, and his understanding. mikey.

jakharath
04-26-2014, 12:20 AM
It WILL get better! :)

Bzcraig
04-26-2014, 12:34 AM
I'm praying you see and feel the Lords presence and comfort.

Bullfrog
04-26-2014, 06:15 AM
Thank you all. I am growing in my walk and have been convicted on a few things through some sermons of late on the radio. I live pretty rural and with school as well as work my stress has been high anyway. I am taking an orienteering class that is a science course I on my walk towards my degree. I know that it is providence because back when I signed up for it I could not understand why other than a simple credit towards science. I know now that it is a much needed break from the norm into the mountains that I will use to clear my head.

I feel blessed to belong to a group that cares for each other through not only prayer when asked, but the friendships that develop with people that I have never met. Thank you all kindly

D.

opos
04-26-2014, 07:07 AM
Prayers are with you..My experience (and that's all it is) is that when one door closes, another will open...I just have to be able to recognize when the new door opens and unafraid to move that direction...that, for me is faith...I grew up in Colorado..had good friends that ranched in Deer Trail, Holyoke and Sterling...great country..but my "home" was in the mountains..we ran a small fishing "resort" at Shadow Mountain lake near Grand Lake back in the 50's during the summertime...the mountains will clear your mind and somehow God is closer for me there. Best wishes.

w5pv
04-26-2014, 07:10 AM
Prayers sent for you that your burdens be will be lifted.

44minimum
04-26-2014, 01:50 PM
Bullfrog I agree with you about feeling blessed to be in this group and I'll be remembering you in my prayers.

mhat
04-26-2014, 02:07 PM
Praying for you and your family

Mark

Charlie Two Tracks
04-27-2014, 01:52 PM
I will do that Bullfrog.

Wayne Smith
04-27-2014, 07:17 PM
Prayers going your way. Don't hold too closely to any possession, hold them lightly, be ready to let them go, and God will replace with better.

Preacher Jim
04-27-2014, 07:45 PM
Bullfrog, we serve a faithful Lord who promised He would never give us more than we could handle. Also that His grace is sufficient for the time we are going through. The hardest verse is where he says we will be tested to build our faith.
I have you and your family on my prayer list. You are fortunate be cause shooters are a strong family of faith and when they say they will pray they do, bless us by How the Lord works you through this
J.

Freightman
04-28-2014, 08:33 AM
Prayers will be said, I know where you are been there had to sell off all my stuff because of medical bills. It will be fine, and they were replaced with better, just heed the Lord and obey He will stand with you.

wch
04-28-2014, 08:39 AM
"Come to Me, all ye who travail and are heavy laden, and I will refresh you"- prayers sent...

Bullfrog
04-28-2014, 09:46 PM
God Bless you all and thank you kindly brothers.

Frog

kungfustyle
04-28-2014, 10:45 PM
Done! God bless

badbob454
04-28-2014, 11:13 PM
I have been down and kicked around laid off etc ... it aint fun but you will survive ,,,, in my prayers hope it gets better soon ...

Wis. Tom
04-29-2014, 08:29 AM
Praying for you and your family. It is but for a season, and it will pass. Stay strong in the Lord, for our rewards are waiting for us in heaven. God bless you.

Ajax
04-30-2014, 05:25 AM
Heavenly father be with our brother and his family in this time of need.

Andy

Rompin Ruger
05-02-2014, 08:56 PM
Froggy,

Remember that it's said the closer you get to the Lord in your life, the more the Devil turns up the heat to sway you off your goal. Consider the trials a badge of honor perhaps... you got the devil running scared he'll lose "another one" so he's doing his best to trip you up...

Keep the Son in your eyes, brother!

shoot-n-lead
05-02-2014, 09:37 PM
Prayer sent for you and I will add you to the list.

Bullfrog
05-04-2014, 08:58 AM
Froggy,

Remember that it's said the closer you get to the Lord in your life, the more the Devil turns up the heat to sway you off your goal. Consider the trials a badge of honor perhaps... you got the devil running scared he'll lose "another one" so he's doing his best to trip you up...

Keep the Son in your eyes, brother!

This is kind of what I believe also RR. I had an "incident" happen at work and it amazes me how "christian" folks (at work) or so they claim to be, can throw a person under a bus for following a direct and lawful order. So the long and short of it is that I am in good company with men, women and children like you all.

I was placed in a moment of awe as a 5 year old schooled me on what kindness and selflessness is when she insisted on cutting her hair off to donate to "Locks of Love" for children and adults with cancer. God works in wonderful ways.

As far as the work thing, the Lord has His own agenda and I felt lead to document and keep everything "just in case". The battles continue but with prayers and friends like you all it is a bit easier.

As I read through the posts like the one from MikeM1A (sp) I am corrected that there are those out there whom are in a different challenge and I am nearly ashamed for not having the tenacity to face my trials when there are those that have worse trials. That is part of getting through one's own trials too I suppose.

God bless you all

Rompin Ruger
05-04-2014, 08:28 PM
Froggy

Never a need to feel bad for asking for prayers from others!

None of us can get it right alone... we need to be in community!

Mom used to say to me when I'd get fed up as a teen with the "churchy" people, "Son, what do you expect to find in church but sinners?

Being a smart mouth, I'd reply, "True, but then they don't need to act like their's don't stink!"

Truth is that as people, most often, we're all hurting enough that when one goes down, the behavior of turkeys comes to mind where all the gobblers will jump on the one you just shot!

GRACE....it's what's for dinner? :) Hang in there. You have gotten hit with a lot on your plate at once... stay true to His nudgings and keep the Ego in check. That is my own worst battle in conflicted times... "righteous indignation is such SWEET agony! :(