PDA

View Full Version : Euroarms 1858 - Need info

dondiego
04-21-2014, 02:44 PM
I was given a Remington New Model Army marked Euroarms Brescia Italy. Is this manufactured by Pietta? It needs some parts because the hammer will fall easily while on half cock by pulling the trigger lightly or by pushing on the hammer. Where would you buy parts for this revolver?

Maven
04-21-2014, 03:34 PM
dd, Euroarms was the importer, and thus, their guns were made by different manufacturers. To determine who made yours, drop the loading lever and look for a maker's mark. Unfortunately, I no longer have the list of those marks indicating who made your 1858 Rem. My Euroarms 1858 Rem., for ex., was made by Armi San Paolo/DGG marking. Btw, I don't think Euroarms USA is in business any more and parts for their revolvers are in very short supply if available at all. If you find that NOT to be so, please let me know, as my revolver needs some TLC.

john hayslip
04-21-2014, 03:47 PM
Try VTI parts. If no Euro Arms perhaps one of the other would fit.

Good Cheer
04-21-2014, 05:43 PM
dd, Euroarms was the importer, and thus, their guns were made by different manufacturers. To determine who made yours, drop the loading lever and look for a maker's mark. Unfortunately, I no longer have the list of those marks indicating who made your 1858 Rem. My Euroarms 1858 Rem., for ex., was made by Armi San Paolo/DGG marking. Btw, I don't think Euroarms USA is in business any more and parts for their revolvers are in very short supply if available at all. If you find that NOT to be so, please let me know, as my revolver needs some TLC.

The Euroarms website has/ had info on the makers marks.

Maven
04-21-2014, 06:39 PM
Thanks for that info., Good Cheer!

dondiego
04-22-2014, 09:41 AM
Maven - Thanks for the info of looking under the loading lever. I looked there and found a small mark that is lightly struck and looks like a D superimposed on a large G along with a smaller G all in a circle. Doesn't match any of the makers marks on the Euroarms website. Does the manufacturing location of Brescia, Italy have any significance?

Maven
04-22-2014, 12:10 PM
dondiego, That's the same mark I have on mine, which = Armi San Paolo. Other than VTI, Winchester Sutler also has a few parts, and I do mean "few," for that revolver.

Hellgate
04-22-2014, 01:00 PM
DGG/Armi San Poalo/Euroarms are all the same company just different names over the years. Try www.SSfirearms.com for parts.