PDA

View Full Version : Wallmart.

starmac
04-21-2014, 01:14 AM
I went to wallmart to get some dog food for a dog I am watching for a friend. When did they start carrying livestock feed? They had sweetfeed, calf manna, chicken hog, and horse feed, even salt and mineral blocks. They may have had it forever, as I never go to the pet section, but I never knew it. I really hope they aren't just carrying it to put our feed store out of business, it is not like we have many of them.

DLCTEX
04-21-2014, 01:30 AM
If our local stores have it I've never seen it, but I don't have reason to go in that section.

waltherboy4040
04-21-2014, 03:31 AM
Walmart seems to sell anything if they can hit their profit margin.

leadman
04-21-2014, 03:56 AM
I was in a Walmart in Cave Creek Az. which is a more rural area and they had the 55 gal plastic water barrels and other items for livestock owners. This are not in the stores I frequent in north Phoenix.

garym1a2
04-21-2014, 06:46 AM
It depends where you are at. In one in Ocala fl they even have reloading components.

CastingFool
04-21-2014, 07:00 AM
I live within 20 miles of 4 Walmarts. three of them are the superstores. They do not carry reloading supplies, other than BP. the much smaller one has some smokeless powders, bullets and reloading accessories like shellholders and dies. Go figure.

shooterbob
04-21-2014, 08:17 AM
Did Yall hear the story of Walmart selling to the Chinese. It's false but.if you do a search there's a story that is pretty funny to read. I've had people telling me about it for weeks now. Convinced the story is real.

osteodoc08
04-21-2014, 09:54 AM
Walmart seems to sell anything if they can hit their profit margin.

This here.

searcher4851
04-21-2014, 10:18 AM
Walmart seems, to some extent, to take the demographic of the store's location when stocking any particular location. Sometimes they're right and sometimes they're wrong. Sometimes it makes no sense at all. The one I go to most frequently is located in a farm type area, with an auto plant nearby. They sell ammunition, but no guns. Another one, about equal distance the opposite direction, located in a college town (NIU), where there was a campus shooting rampage not too long ago, sells guns and ammo. Granted, NIU is surrounded by some of the best farmland in the country.
Go figure.

Freightman
04-21-2014, 10:49 AM
The one I go to sells guns now a few years ago they stopped when they got a new manager then he was replaced with another and the guns were back. Seems to have something to do with the manager.

starmac
04-21-2014, 12:44 PM
Yea, I am pretty sure it is a manager thing, at least on the guns, the ones here even sells handguns, but no reloading components.

w5pv
04-21-2014, 01:34 PM
Our Walley use to sell guns but no more,ammo in limited quanties.before I give my money to them I try to find a mom n pop store may be a little higher but it will help the smaller retailers.

dragon813gt
04-21-2014, 01:47 PM
Closest one used to be a non Super Center. Store was great as it had everything. Then it was converted into a building four times the size if the old one w/ half the items. It makes no sense to me why this happened. This one doesn't sell firearms either. But the two closest to high crime rate cities do. So does the one out in farm country so it's not all bad. There is no rhyme or reason for what the stores carry.

nvbirdman
04-22-2014, 12:03 PM
Maybe the citizens in the high crime rate cities need the firearms.

AlaskanGuy
04-22-2014, 12:31 PM
The one in anchorage sells feed stuff milt....

starmac
04-22-2014, 03:12 PM
They may have always sold it here, I do not normally have a reason to go to that section, but am taking care of a friends dog, so needed some feed. lol I was just surprized, as I had never seen it before, and there is not much livestock around here.

garym1a2
04-22-2014, 03:15 PM
The Ones in Central Florida and springfeid MO sell AR15's and AR10's.

Doc Highwall
04-22-2014, 08:10 PM
I went to the one in East Windsor CT. today looking for 22 ammo and they no longer carry guns or ammo so I told them I now have no reason to shop in their store and would not be back, I then turned around and walked straight out the door.

quilbilly
04-22-2014, 08:16 PM
They definitely check local demographics. In our area, the Port Angeles store has a good gun counter and is well stocked with reloading supplies since it is in a blue collar and logging area. 20 miles away in Seqium, a relatively wealthy retirement community that is heavily Democrat, the store only begrudgingly carries any shooting supplies.