PDA

View Full Version : Changes at CabineTree LLC

Gussy
04-16-2014, 08:32 PM
I appreciate all the support from the folks on this site and thought I'd let you know what is happening at CabineTree.

I need more time to play....

So, after many years of self employment, which if you're not self employed you will get the idea. I have taken very little time off to do things. Many things. Work has always seemed to get in the way. In 50 years, I probably have never taken a true vacation. It's always been to visit someone since we have no close relatives, 1000 miles being the closest. Well, you get the idea.

Changes: In order to make more time, I will no longer take orders directly. Each order takes phone time, paper work, boxing and shipping. All sales will be through Buffalo Arms (208-263-6953). This will reduce work time and probably get you product faster and easier.

Changes: I'm going to drop a couple of slow selling products to reduce production time and inventory.

I would like to continue making my products available to casters. If I can find the right buyer, I might consider selling the business too. It will only be sold if I'm sure a buyer would continue as I have.

Gus
Jim Cornaggia

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
04-16-2014, 11:31 PM
Gus,

Enjoy your life and slow down if you want to, you certainly deserve to do so after all your hard work. Thank you for making such excellent products. I have certainly enjoyed your lead hardness tester/run out testing device aka the Cabin Tree Dual Purpose Tester.

Best Regards,

bangerjim
04-17-2014, 12:10 AM
I have enjoyed you tester and have been a BIG supporter of it on here.

Hope you take time to stop and smell the roses! I know what you mean. I run my own business and find it harder to take vacation every year. And the olde hour glass is slowly running out of sand!

Take care and have fun!

bangerjim

waksupi
04-17-2014, 01:06 AM
Good move, Jim. Sometimes, you just have to say, "enough". I'm getting close to that.

338RemUltraMag
04-17-2014, 01:50 AM
I am not sure what the cost for the company would be or just the slower products, let me know.