PDA

View Full Version : Herters top punch for .357

Baddog
04-16-2014, 01:50 PM
I broke my top punch for Herters resizer/lube press. Any one have one for sale or idea for solution?

Thank you,
mike

Pressman
04-18-2014, 06:01 PM
Mike which Herter's do you have? One takes Saeco dies and top punches the other uses Lyman dies and top punches.

Ken

M99SavNut
04-23-2014, 03:41 PM
I have the whole thing (Herter's Model 49) complete with a .358 sizer die and top punch. PM me if you're interested.

However, if all the spare parts are more than you want to deal with to get a top punch, "thePerfesser", one of the vendor sponsors on this site, makes top punches for RCBS and Lyman lubricator/sizers, and may be able to fix you up.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?112298-Conformal-No-Tools-Needed-Lyman-RCBS-Style-Nose-Punches

And, Pressman, the Herter's that's not the Lyman knockoff uses dies that look like SAECO, but are, if memory serves, larger in diameter. I called SAECO and they were kind enough to measure one of theirs for me awhile back. It's possible that there was an older SAECO design that would interchange, but the new ones won't, at least with my Model 49.

Jess

454PB
04-23-2014, 04:31 PM
I have a Herter lubrisizer that is a clone of the Saeco. It uses dies that are identical to and interchangeable with Saeco, in fact mine came with a couple of Saeco dies. The nose punch design is different, but mine included an adapter to allow the use of Saeco punches. I've also made some nose punches for mine.

Baddog
03-11-2015, 02:54 PM
Oops, fell off the wagon on this one and never noticed the replies. Got side tracked with some health issues, sorry and thank you to Pressman, M99SavNut and 454PB for the help.

I did contact the "thePerfesser" and he came through like a champ and a gentleman that he is. I was able to follow-up with him in February 2015 and he promptly replied and delivered the goods. I was now trying to find the link to post the up date and let everyone know what a terrific man he is. (no news to most members as I'm sure everyone knows what a champ he is already)

I can’t thank "thePerfesser" enough. Nothing compares to our old Herter’s press, it’s the best. My Dad started me on it over 55 years ago and I can’t even measure in $$$ the sentimental value it has with me. With good health and the "thePerfesser", were back in business.

Thank you again to all, this is the best site and the members are what make it the best of course.

Reading stickies and getting up to speed.
mike