PDA

View Full Version : FYI - Mike Rintoul got eaten by his casting machine...

Old Ironsights
01-02-2008, 11:19 PM
Quote from elsewhere:

Mike got his hand stuck in an automated casting machine. The machine belt-feeds and cuts and then sends material to the pot for liquifying. Well the microprocessor shorted out and it dragged Mikes hand into the machine where it promptly sent a pin through his hand. His arm was then stuck against the hot pot for about a minute straight. Broken bones, sewn up hand and burns. Mike is home and he's doing alright but not in good spirits. I wish him a speedy recovery!

Give a fellow Caster a holler.

http://www.castperformance.com/Page.bok?file=Contact-Us.html

Lloyd Smale
01-03-2008, 05:21 AM
thanks for the heads up. I hadnt heard about it. Sent him an email.

Ricochet
01-03-2008, 02:26 PM
Ooooh, that gives me chills to think about it!

jhalcott
01-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Ouch!! Hope he feels better soon.

Swamprat1052
01-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Thats rough. Things like that can happen so fast, to any of us. We will keep him in our thoughts and prayers.

Swamprat

MakeMineA10mm
01-04-2008, 06:15 PM
We have a strict rule when running our Ballisti-Cast machine that the magneto must be off, and the buzz of electricity has to be gone for 15 seconds before fiddling with anything on the rack-and-pinion. When we had to futz with the roller-bearings, or the moulds (other than banging on their brackets with a brass mini-hammer), the whole machine had to be unplugged. Yes, it's a pain if it takes awhile to remelt the lead, but we never got drug through the machine...