PDA

View Full Version : NRA convention

Bad Water Bill
04-15-2014, 09:24 AM
Who is planning on attending and when?

jcwit
04-15-2014, 09:31 AM
Man alive I wish I could attend, live sorta close in No. Indiana. Just can't get around that well anymore and don't have one of those scooters.

Will just have to wait to see what others post about it.

Bad Water Bill
04-15-2014, 09:41 AM
One reason for posting is to see who is coming from where AND who is willing to share rides and help others that need some help.

schutzen
04-15-2014, 09:56 AM
Bill what part of Illinois are you from? I live in Western KY and will be attending but I'm not sure what day nor am I sure of my route.

Bad Water Bill
04-15-2014, 10:14 AM
5 miles from the border of Indiana just outside of Chiraq.

schutzen
04-15-2014, 10:27 AM
I probably will not be that far north. When I go through Illinois, I usually run 24 to 57 to 70 and go thru Terra Haute. Let me know which day you chose to go, we might try to link up at the convention. My schedule is quite flexible, I love retirement.

nvbirdman
04-15-2014, 06:05 PM
I have been going every year since Phoenix in '09. It gives me a destination to fly to and see a city I've never been to. I book my flight and hotel and rental car a few months early, and then look up public transportation from my hotel to the convention center. I don't have to fight traffic driving downtown, and I don't have to pay for parking.

DIRT Farmer
04-15-2014, 09:55 PM
I will be working the NMLRA booth at least Sunday.

Sgtonory
04-18-2014, 11:14 AM
Anybody travelling to the convention wants to pick up some lead or brass FTF and save shipping I'm located in Indy give me a holler.

jlm223
04-19-2014, 07:46 AM
I will be their Friday, took the day off work, never been, may go back Saturday also.

mold maker
04-19-2014, 08:26 AM
I have made both the Charlotte NC conventions, and If you've not been, you owe it to yourself to go.
Sure wish I could travel, I'd be there every day.

BarryinIN
04-24-2014, 03:59 PM
I'll be there. Early and often.

BarryinIN
04-24-2014, 04:01 PM
Man alive I wish I could attend, live sorta close in No. Indiana. Just can't get around that well anymore and don't have one of those scooters.

Will just have to wait to see what others post about it.
Somewhere on the NRA site for it, they had a section for getting a scooter on site. I don't know any more than that, but it looks like they are available somehow or another.

jcwit
04-24-2014, 05:00 PM
Its all off for me anyway. Wife tripped last Thursday and broke her upper arm bone just short of the rotor cuff. I won't leave her alone till she heals up, she needs a Prayer or two also.

foesgth
04-24-2014, 05:25 PM
Its all off for me anyway. Wife tripped last Thursday and broke her upper arm bone just short of the rotor cuff. I won't leave her alone till she heals up, she needs a Prayer or two also.
That hurts just thinking about it, good wishes and prayers to her. I hope you can cook!

jcwit
04-24-2014, 06:36 PM
Cooking is not to big a problem.
Cleaning out the Cat box is the problem. But then I've cleaned out chicken houses in my younger years, sooooooooooooooo!

jonp
04-25-2014, 12:17 AM
I have made both the Charlotte NC conventions, and If you've not been, you owe it to yourself to go.
Sure wish I could travel, I'd be there every day.

I'm ashamed to say that I moved to NC a few years ago and didn't even go. I did talk to a guy a little while ago that saw my Life Member Sweatshirt and struck up a conversation. He was outside the convention and started talking to a guy having a cigarette and after a while realized he was talking to R.Lee Ermey! Said he was a great guy.

jonp
04-25-2014, 12:18 AM

Ouch! Prayers her way. Upper bone of both arm and leg are the worst to break.

cavemike
04-25-2014, 09:59 AM
Two of my three brothers are in town for the convention. We will be going there a little later this morning. Tomorrow we will probably go to the range I belong to for this

http://www.indyrange.org/Bowling_Pins.php

then return to the convention to see the rest of the booths we didn't see today.

This weekend has turned more into a mini reunion seeing as my brothers live in VA, GA, and CA. We don't get together that often, unfortunately.
I will try to update with pics as the weekend unfolds. We have no agenda, just go to the convention and shoot.

later,
Mike

Sgtonory
04-25-2014, 11:33 AM
I will be at the bowling pin match.

fastfire
04-25-2014, 11:27 PM
Mark Levin's full speech at the NRA-ILA Leadership Forum Friday

http://www.marklevinshow.com/common/page.php?pt=Mark%27s+Speech+at+The+NRA+Forum&id=8993&is_corp=0