PDA

View Full Version : Gun Show...treasures beyond measure..:)

oldfart1956
04-13-2014, 11:07 AM
Guys I think I hit the motherlode today! Went to the gun show here in Greencastle and stopped by Ed's tables and there sat a RCBS Pro Melt with a sign on for $125!! An get this...bolted to the top of it is a Lee 10# bottom pour with a linkage so it fills the Pro-Melt every time ya drop the pour. I do a lot of business with Ed so he dropped the price to $100. I'm a happy guy. Then I seen he had a pile of molds sittin' yonder. Saeco's, Ohaus, Lymans and a pile of Lee's as well! An they all had handles...for $25 each! So I snatched up a few of them to! :) Then I seen the powder measures an scales sittin' there! Reddings, RCBS, and Lymans and Ideals. I pounced on a Ideal #55 for $10 and probably should'a just bought the whole bunch. New (still in the box) Redding scales were $20!!! Ya just never know when you might find treasures...eh? Well, off to play with all my new junk. Audie...the happy Oldfart..

remy3424
04-13-2014, 11:25 AM
Yah...You did well! Always fun to find a deal.

Pereira
04-13-2014, 11:33 AM
Sounds like a very good deal. Congrats.
I'm in need a couple molds myself, but thats a far peice from here.

Junior1942
04-13-2014, 11:40 AM
:-( The gunshow here is almost all black rifles and Chinese knives.....

MTtimberline
04-13-2014, 11:47 AM
Those gun shows are only heard about in stories and legends. The ones around here have the typical higher than retail guns and a set or two of 25 year old dies with new die price being the only reloading items found. The gun tables are being over run by ones with old lady hats and beaded jewelry.

ghh3rd
04-13-2014, 11:50 AM
Sounds like you'll be having fun with your new 'stuff'. Any gun show is better than no gun show, so long as someone doesn't get a round off like the one I attended in Tampa.

imashooter2
04-13-2014, 07:59 PM
Pics or it never happened. ;-)

Sounds like a super score.

Our shows are pretty much like Junior's. :(

Bullwolf
04-13-2014, 10:33 PM
I went to a recent Gun Show. I did not find much of interest, however I did manage to score a 1 lb of Unique that had been squirreled away, and an a old box of 1000 Sierra .30 caliber Gas Checks for 11 bucks.

- Bullwolf

bangerjim
04-13-2014, 11:03 PM
All my local gun shows are nothing but AR15's & parts to build them, high prices 22LR's, and other garbage. Never any casting or reloading equipment which is all I am interested in.

Guess I will save the entrance fee and buy what I need online from the supply houses!

banger

AlaskanGuy
04-14-2014, 02:53 AM
Come on now oldfart... Lets see that lyman/lee hybred you bought....

oldfart1956
04-14-2014, 09:12 PM
Come on now oldfart... Lets see that lyman/lee hybred you bought.... I suppose one of these days I need to learn how to post pictures here my friend. Unfortunatly time is always an issue and I admit I am a bit of a slow learner. In essence what the fellow did was made a large notch in the base of the Lee pot and bolted it directly to the top of the RCBS pot. The notch (actually a huge half-circle) allows the lead from above to flow into the lower pot. The linkage goes from the lower to upper lift levers. A cobbled together ( looks effective) homegrown affair of rods and clamps. Perhaps this weekend I'll find time to take a couple photos and someone can supply me an e-mail addy and they will post them. Also, I see you live in Cordova. My Mom (stepmom) lives in Eagle River. :) Was last in Alaska to bury my father in 2007. Beautiful place Alaska. Audie....the Oldfart..

Thumbcocker
04-15-2014, 10:00 AM
When I see a pile of casting stuff I get kinda sad. Often a widow getting rid I f husbands "gun stuff". I see a person's life on a table.

Pb2au
04-15-2014, 10:12 AM
I just joined the Ohio Gun collectors association. Their bi-monthly "meeting" is a breath of fresh air. A proper gun show, not filled with flea market junk.

Sounds like you scored! very awesome.

DLCTEX
04-15-2014, 10:55 AM
Audie, have you awakened from this sweet dream yet? My wife is so happy I didn't go to that show, and I am so sad.

bobthenailer
04-16-2014, 06:45 AM
Its nice to run into those super good deals once every few years !