PDA

View Full Version : My last day with Felix

MBTcustom
04-11-2014, 11:20 PM
I got up this morning and checked the site, then got myself together, kissed my wife and daughter goodbye, and started the 2+ hour drive for Fort Smith Arkansas to see my friend. Probably for the last time.
I listened to loud music on the way (not my usual habit) and tried to think of other things as I drove. Tried not to think about facing a situation that I have never really faced before.
As I drove, I thought about this place, and the things that have happened since I first logged on here and saw the cat running with the bomb who posted cryptic messages to people that was just beyond where their experience lies.
I thought about the different personalities that we have here, and the motivations behind different members. I kept wondering "Why" Why are we here? Why does it matter? Why is cast boolits the way it is?

I found myself in Felix's town without coming to any conclusions. I phoned Nick and asked where to meet, and he told me to come by the house and come on in. A few minutes later I was walking into the living room and shaking hands with Nick. We swapped conversation about our jobs and caught up on what was happening in our separate worlds. I think we were both trying to keep from thinking about why we were both away from our jobs on a weekday.
We decided to go to the hospital where Felix is staying, so we got in his car and went on over, navigated the parking lot, climbed the concrete steps, down the hall, up the elevator, and soon I was walking through a door that had a strip of paper next to it that read "Robins". There I saw the man himself propped up in the hospital bed. He recognized me and smiled broadly.
I asked him how he was feeling, knowing the foolishness of that question. He just smiled in an understanding way and mumbled something, but he took my hand and told me how glad he was to see me.
From that point forward, I found myself on the brink of tears, but Mrs. Robbins was an absolute rock, and gave strength to us boys and we managed to keep it together.
I told Felix about all the people here who asked me to pass on their well wishes, and called their screen names. He recognized most of them.
I volunteered to read him the replies to his final thread, and I was asked to please do so. I'm afraid I was reading too slow because I was having to pause often to brush off the deep emotion that was being inflamed by each heartfelt post there.
Felix told me to give him the laptop so he could read it for himself. I set the computer in his lap and Nick and I stood on either side and helped him as best we could to navigate the thread. He read for a while and then wanted to see the pictures of the rifle I had done for him (the crazy Staff there wouldn't allow us to bring the gun up into his room, despite our implorations).
After that, we decided to go to lunch at the fishhouse. We traded stories of Felix and guns, and shooting, then we went back.
The next few hours were wonderful. Mrs. Robins got some sleep and so did Felix and us fellers talked about guns and shooting and boolits.
Felix woke up and started getting in on the conversation as best he could. He is very week, and barely able to talk, but we hung on every word, like drops of water from a spigot in the middle of the desert, that once fed an entire oasis but soon will cease to even drip.
Finally, it was time for me to go, and I shook Felix's hand for the last time. He charged me, he blessed me, then he said goodbye. Told me it's never easy to say goodbye. I mumbled something about never forgetting him, I shook his hand one more time....and I walked out of the room.
I spent more time with the family, we had some wonderful conversations, and then I got in my truck and headed for home.
I was thinking again on the way back about "Why".
Why are we here? Why does it matter? Why is cast boolits the way it is?

This is why:

It's not about faster boolits, better equipment, who's better than who, or what works and what doesn't.
It's about family. It's about people, and doing right by your fellow man, because even if he's a stranger, if he likes to do things on his own, shoot cast boolits, and love his country, and the people in it, he's not so strange after all.
Even to the very last conversation, Felix was trying to help me to be a better marksman and a better booliteer. I really don't think he cares as much about the boolits as he does about the guy holding the mold, and that's something we should all observe.
From Felix: God bless every one of you!

btroj
04-11-2014, 11:27 PM
Dammit Tim, I keep tearing up enough already over this.

Felix has always been a true class act. I greatly appreciate you keeping us in the loop on this. You have proven what kind of man you are.

I only wish I had been able to meet Felix at some point.

Thanks Tim.

HollandNut
04-11-2014, 11:27 PM
well said , thanks for going in proxy for all of us who couldn't be there

aspangler
04-11-2014, 11:31 PM
You were truly bless by your visit. Thank you for sharing. I will miss his posts and his advise. I have been prying for him and his family ever since I heard. God bless him and his family and Go bless you for sharing.

DLCTEX
04-11-2014, 11:33 PM
Thanks Tim.

TXGunNut
04-11-2014, 11:34 PM
Thanks for sharing your visit with us. Glad you had a safe trip.

MBTcustom
04-11-2014, 11:35 PM
well said , thanks for going in proxy for all of us who couldn't be there

That's exactly what I intended to do. I told Felix how much you care for him, but the important thing is that he cares about you. Probably more.
I'm still just asking myself why this is happening. Why do the good ones get the same amount of time or less than the others.....

Boerrancher
04-11-2014, 11:37 PM
Thank you Tim for that post. You are so right about the most important element being the man holding the mold. We are a family here and I have been away for a bit but soon I will post as to why I have not been around much, for my trials and tribulations pale in comparison to the coming loss of Felix. I will make sure I say a prayer for him and his family as well as for this Family here. Felix will surely be missed by those of us who read his posts, and I am thankful for this place where a man like Felix's knowledge and in many ways his essence will be preserved.

Best wishes,

Joe

TXGunNut
04-11-2014, 11:43 PM
I'm still just asking myself why this is happening. Why do the good ones get the same amount of time or less than the others..... Tim

A better question is how you can live as full a life as Felix has and pass on as much knowledge as he has. We know each day is a blessing but I too have known folks that I felt left us too soon, even though I know it's not for us to say when is "too soon".

mpbarry1
04-11-2014, 11:44 PM
Thanks Tim. God bless you for your kindness.

Teddy (punchie)
04-11-2014, 11:59 PM
Thanks for sharing !! TIM !!

I tell very few this but sound like Felix is liking unto this saying I have:

I only know of a few people in this class. People that are not relatives or family, or that you are in love with. People that are wise and gentle and just have a way about them that is truthful and sincere, that you hate to see go. For you still have questions and would love to learn more, and look for there truthful wisdom in there reply. So much to still learn and like you are learning it with them as they teach you. They are not hard or stern in the way they talk. Every one like at I have met I was sadden by them passing. All were God children, and as his Son promised, we will all be remember and with him one day. Very very few in this class.

1989toddm
04-12-2014, 12:03 AM
Bless you Tim for going to spend time with our mentor. "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." Revelation 21:4.

MBTcustom
04-12-2014, 12:08 AM
Thanks for sharing !! TIM !!

I tell very few this but sound like Felix is liking unto this saying I have:

I only know of a few people in this class. People that are not relatives or family, or that you are in love with. People that are wise and gentle and just have a way about them that is truthful and sincere, that you hate to see go. For you still have questions and would love to learn more, and look for there truthful wisdom in there reply. So much to still learn and like you are learning it with them as they teach you. They are not hard or stern in the way they talk. Every one like at I have met I was sadden by them passing. All were God children, and as his Son promised, we will all be remember and with him one day. Very very few in this class.

That pretty much sums it up.

Reg
04-12-2014, 12:11 AM
You did the right thing.

338RemUltraMag
04-12-2014, 12:18 AM
Tim,

Thank you for this, I cried when I saw the picture, I didn't reply to his thread... I just couldn't bare to think of him as gone. But so long as we continue to love eachother and help eachother Felix is never really gone.

At least thats how I see it.

God bless
Joshua

lylejb
04-12-2014, 12:29 AM
Thank you for this.

Bzcraig
04-12-2014, 12:34 AM
Tim you proved your character by going to see Felix in our place and Felix has proven his character by his response to your presence. Thanks for doing a very hard thing for the right reason!

LUBEDUDE
04-12-2014, 12:40 AM
Thank you Tim. Well said, well done my friend.

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-12-2014, 12:41 AM
Tim, Thanks for sharing.
visits like that are tough...but mean so much.

badbob454
04-12-2014, 12:43 AM
i didnt know felix.... just he was a fellow shooter ,yet i choke up and fight back the tears the friendship of this bunch of guys and gals sticking together in this old world ,,, thanks all for being there , i did post on felix thread because he is and will always be one of us.

smokeywolf
04-12-2014, 12:46 AM
Tim,

Thank you for this, I cried when I saw the picture, I didn't reply to his thread... I just couldn't bare to think of him as gone. But so long as we continue to love eachother and help eachother Felix is never really gone.

At least thats how I see it.

God bless
Joshua

I must thank Joshua for providing the words to my thoughts.

Tim, thank you for conveying our love, respect, our feelings of both admiration and of loss to Felix, for the rest of us.

smokeywolf

freebullet
04-12-2014, 12:49 AM
Thank you for sharing.

hithard
04-12-2014, 12:52 AM
The people on this site are absolutly amazing.....As Felix showed the way, so are you Tim.

Bloodman14
04-12-2014, 01:12 AM
I am having a hard time seeing the screen as I write this, but, may I make a suggestion? Create a special archive entitled "Fired Boolits" or something similar, and archive everything ever posted by the members who have passed on. I can think of no better way to honor and preserve the knowledge and memory of those outstanding family members who have given so much of their time to this endeavor.

MtGun44
04-12-2014, 01:16 AM
Tim -

Thank you for the update. I recently had to say goodbye to a friend of over 30 yrs that I had done many
things (different hobby, homebuilt aircraft) with - traveled many places on his wing or him on mine.
It was very hard and I had no really good words for that time. So, I have somewhat of an
idea what was going through your head, and if I might say - your heart, too.

I never knew Felix in person, but always enjoyed his postings. This is a difficult
time for all of us. Thanks for bringing this to the Cast Boolits community.

Bill

lead-1
04-12-2014, 01:19 AM
Darn dogs are stirring up the dust again. You stay strong also Tim and thanks for sharing the visit.

Uncle Jimbo
04-12-2014, 01:24 AM
You're a kind and good man Goodsteel. There are not many left in this world and we will be losing another shortly.
Thank you.

Recluse
04-12-2014, 01:54 AM
Thank you, Tim. Well done.

Family is not about biology as even a mere houseplant has the ability to reproduce. Instead, family is about the love and commonalities that bind us together into a unit of single purpose, which is to love one another as God loves us.

Easier to type than to do, but then again, Life is about the Journey and Love is about the Destination.

Again, Tim, well done and thank you for not only making the trip, but sharing it with us.

:coffee:

Iowa Fox
04-12-2014, 02:04 AM
Thanks Tim. I've been wondering about him every day.

Old School Big Bore
04-12-2014, 02:30 AM
Thanks for this, Tim. And I agree with Gunnard. Maybe 'Gone Downrange'? 'On the Way'? 'Mid-Flight'? 'Watchin' Their Trace'? I dunno, but something boolitish.
Ed <><

jcwit
04-12-2014, 02:45 AM
Thanks Tim. I haven't posted anything about Felix as I just can't but my feelings into words. God Bless.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
04-12-2014, 03:04 AM
thanks Tim , it's not often my eyes leak for a a person I've never met , but the love yall share here for knowledge and boolit brothers is definitely something special. you had a lot of why's as do I , maybe I can help with one , Why is castboolits the way it is ?

Why is castboolits the way it is? Love , love of god , love of country/world , love of knowledge , love of sharing , love of learning, love of shared experience , and love of brother man

As much as I like some might say love the guns and boolits , it's about love of shared experience boolits and guns are our shared experience , no there are few thing outside of religion that people get so passionate about than guns and the shared experience around them. castboolits helps us to share the experience with boolit brothers from all corners of the earth and just down the road a piece and bring new knowledge to our corner of the world.

Bloodman14
04-12-2014, 03:06 AM
Thanks for this, Tim. And I agree with Gunnard. Maybe 'Gone Downrange'? 'On the Way'? 'Mid-Flight'? 'Watchin' Their Trace'? I dunno, but something boolitish.
Ed <><

Yeah, "Gone Downrange" seems just fine.

tommag
04-12-2014, 03:34 AM
That's exactly what I intended to do. I told Felix how much you care for him, but the important thing is that [you[/I]. Probably m
I'm still just asking myself why this ihappening. Why do the good ones get the same amount of time or less than the others.....

I'm not eloquent, but I'll try to answer your question.
Our time here is brief when compared to eternity. While the bad sometimes prosper, and the good may be afflicted, these things are only temporary. The real conditions we will face will be eternal.

Felix has given selflessly. I think we all know where that ends up.
Thank you, Tim, for visiting Felix, and reporting.

dagunnut
04-12-2014, 03:56 AM
Tim and Nick Thank You for that!

I know that it was not easy to go and say good bye to a friend and such a positive influence.

Tim he may have not been related by blood but he is as close to family as one could ever get. He has definitely left his mark on these forums and will forever be missed. I said a prayer for him and his family but never posted anything because I never new what to say. I never meet the man but his post were full of knowledge and well beyond my years. He had a way of expressing himself in words that made reading his post pleasure-full. You usually learned something from his post or at least I did

Mario
dagunnut

trapper9260
04-12-2014, 04:02 AM
Thank you for what you have done and shear the pic and also about your trip .I know it is not easy for anyone to see a friend and love one , I have lost a friend years ago and the last time I seen him he was doing good and then later on that same year I found out he died and at the time I last seen him.I had my 2 coydogs with me and I have not seen him so happy for the time I know him then that one time.He was more of a grandfarther then my own grandfarther was. He was a fur buyer and he had teach me alot about trapping and fur.I still miss him. just like I mis my parents and it was not easy to see them go.i just like to thank you Tim.

enfield
04-12-2014, 05:24 AM
That was a wonderful thing you did, thanks for representing all of us, I can just imagine how hard it would have been to finally leave. Thanks again for sharing this. Ward.

kbstenberg
04-12-2014, 05:36 AM
Thank you Tim!

Lloyd Smale
04-12-2014, 06:02 AM
thank you tim for that. I think every time i fire up a pot he will cross my mind like a couple other friends on here that have gone on and in that way live through me a bit.

Ajax
04-12-2014, 06:08 AM
Tim,
I want to thank you form the bottom of my heart. Felix has influenced more than he will ever know. I just wish we could all come in and give him our love and prayers personally. I for one would love to see a "downrange" section for our lost loved ones here. The fellowship and love shown here and i n Felix's thread is what makes this place my home on the net. Thank you brothers and sisters.

Andy

PbHurler
04-12-2014, 06:09 AM
Thank you Tim for sharing this, you're a hell of a good man.

It's gonna be a solumn day today.

God bless you Felix, God bless you Tim.

jeepyj
04-12-2014, 06:24 AM
Tim,
Your words bring a tear. Your actions are beyond words. What you did for Felix leaves me speechless. Your top notch in my book.
Tim (jeepyj)

Artful
04-12-2014, 08:08 AM
Thanks for what you did and posting it here - I'm off to get some Kleenex now.

MrWolf
04-12-2014, 08:39 AM
Just... Thanks Tim...

Pb Burner
04-12-2014, 08:48 AM
Tim....
A very heartfelt thank you. Thanks for what you did. Thanks for sharing.

kenyerian
04-12-2014, 09:07 AM
Thanks Tim!!

375RUGER
04-12-2014, 09:11 AM
Tim,
Thank you!!

tchepone
04-12-2014, 09:13 AM
Thank you Tim, for visiting and posting about your last visit with Felix. I must echo the words of Josh. Felix will be missed and remembered forever.....Gil

Freightman
04-12-2014, 09:32 AM
Tim thanks for your caring! If you remember we talked, and just from that conversation I knew what kind of man you were, sad about Felix but the pain will all be gone and the rest will begin. Go With God you will always be a winner.

BeeMan
04-12-2014, 09:34 AM
Thank you Tim.

gnoahhh
04-12-2014, 09:50 AM
Thanks, Tim. You're a good man.

I hadn't stopped by this forum in a while (I usually go straight to the 'technical' forums) and was shocked to hear the news. I feel better now knowing one of us went to see Felix and comfort him.

gray wolf
04-12-2014, 09:51 AM
Thank you Tim,
God bless and be with you always.
Looking at that picture pegged my sadness meter.
Thank you for being there in our stead.

Felix, you will be missed

Gray Wolf

pmer
04-12-2014, 10:08 AM
From that point forward, I found myself on the brink of tears, but Mrs. Robbins was an absolute rock, and gave strength to us boys and we managed to keep it together.

From Felix: God bless every one of you!

God bless the ladies and how they can give strength when guys need it! Thanks for the picture.

jakec
04-12-2014, 10:14 AM
thank you sir.

TheDoctor
04-12-2014, 10:19 AM
Thank you very, very much for going, and for letting Felix know how much he means to us.

brstevns
04-12-2014, 10:28 AM
Thank you Tim. God is Watching and Loving

nekshot
04-12-2014, 10:28 AM
thanks Tim, and I sure am going to miss the picture of the cat running with the bomb, but at times like this it is important to ask the questions that only God in His mercy can answer. Amazing how easy it is to shed some tears for a man you never met! God bless the family!

Doc Highwall
04-12-2014, 10:34 AM
Thank you, Tim. Well done! I just wished I lived closer to make the trip with you also. I still remember losing my best friend about 30+ years ago that taught me a lot about shooting and every time I pick up my Winchester 52C that I bought from him I say Thank You Murray!

DanWalker
04-12-2014, 10:38 AM
Thanks Tim. It was reading stuff from guys like Felix back in 1996 that helped me with so many newbie problems and got me pouring good boolits way sooner than I would have on my own. This place and the many fine men who reside in it are a treasure trove of knowledge, wisdom, comeraderie, and kindness. I am deeply grateful for it and for you ALL. It is men like Felix and BruceB and Waksupi, and AL and many others who've paved the way for so many of us. I try to share what I have learned here, and to hopefully contribute what little I can to the discussions. To steal a phrase from Stephen Hawking, we are all "Standing on the shoulders of giants." God bless you all and thanks for being who and what you are....

missionary5155
04-12-2014, 10:46 AM
Good morning Brother Tim
Thanks for posting all this. I am Blessed and happily await the day of His return when the Family will gather together.
Mike in Peru

torker
04-12-2014, 10:54 AM
Tim, Thank you for your kindness and caring ways. We all shall miss the man who has shown many here the way.

God Bless you.

osteodoc08
04-12-2014, 12:59 PM
Thanks Tim. Words cannot express how I feel right now. I'm glad you were able to be there on behalf of not only yourself but also everyone else.

Uncle R.
04-12-2014, 01:22 PM
Goodsteel:
Thank you for this.
Thank you very much.
Uncle R.

shooterg
04-12-2014, 02:46 PM
Goodsteel - you and Felix are both class acts. Good on you.

Mooseman
04-12-2014, 02:52 PM
Thank You for relaying our love and respect to him Tim !
Rich

MBTcustom
04-12-2014, 03:55 PM
Thank You for relaying our love and respect to him Tim !
Rich

I mentioned you by name Rich. He was glad to hear it.

GaryN
04-12-2014, 06:07 PM
Thanks Tim. Goodbye Felix.

bayjoe
04-12-2014, 06:58 PM
You did a very tough thing and I admire you for what you did.
I don't know Felix but thru the posts he is admired by many and will be missed.

JWFilips
04-12-2014, 07:03 PM
Thank You Tim for sharing this.... I Hope Felix makes his transition well and his Universal energy will remember us as we will remember him!
You have brought tears to my eyes , Sir! Thank you !
Jim

PB234
04-12-2014, 07:12 PM
Tim, just another voice expressing prayers for Felix, his family and you.

slim1836
04-12-2014, 07:13 PM
Thank you Goodsteel for all you have done, I know that you brought joy to Felix in that visit. What you did is to be commended. I know you did that from the heart and so does all who read your post.

There are some who cannot express the way they feel at moments like this and I am one of those, it's just hard to do and some can handle it better than others.

Your visit tells not only myself but also Felix that this is indeed a family we have here at Cast Boolits. We will soon lose a member of this family, however, his legacy will live on.

Slim

Wayne Smith
04-12-2014, 07:18 PM
Thank you Tim for standing in our stead. Thank you for taking a day of work off to go see Felix. He will be greatly missed here and we are the poorer for his eventual leaving us. Yes, this is about family and about love. Felix is greatly loved here by people who have never met him and would not recognize him in the street.

Fishman
04-12-2014, 07:22 PM
Tim, you have a gift for words. Thank you for sharing this.

AlaskanGuy
04-12-2014, 07:54 PM
Bless you sir, for being there for us and for him....

Mark

Heavy lead
04-12-2014, 08:04 PM
The people here make me smile.

retread
04-12-2014, 08:57 PM
Thanks Tim. God Bless you.

Mumblypeg
04-12-2014, 09:09 PM
Thank You....

cbrick
04-12-2014, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the update Tim. Was good to hear that felix had the chance to read what so many here expressed. Walking into the hospital room had to be a very tough thing & your efforts are truly appreciated.

Rick

04-12-2014, 09:18 PM
Thank you, sir.

ghh3rd
04-12-2014, 09:31 PM
Thanks for visiting him, for all of us.

LAH
04-12-2014, 09:38 PM
Felix is top drawer for sure.

MT Gianni
04-12-2014, 10:15 PM
Thanks Tim. One of the wonderful things about the internet is not finding true genius but finding true genius willing to mentor all freely. I am so glad this board and individuals of our common interest give of ourselves and Felix is the master.

DIRT Farmer
04-12-2014, 11:16 PM
Thanks Tim

We all set a bar, some set it higher.

afish4570
04-13-2014, 12:21 AM
Thanks for the visit update. Tough to get the right words together. Thank Felix for sharing his knowledge. afish4570

MaryB
04-13-2014, 01:15 AM
I wasn't able to answer the other thread because of tears, this thread did me in. I may be new here but I have read a lot of the older posts and many of Felix's. I agree that a compilation of his threads and posts should be made. It is a treasure trove that we should preserve.

Catshooter
04-13-2014, 04:30 AM
That's a very point you make Tim. Focus on the person holding the mould. That's an easy thing to lose. At least for me.

I will try to honor Felix and do better.

Cat

scarry scarney
04-13-2014, 03:36 PM
Tim-thank you

OeldeWolf
04-13-2014, 10:29 PM
thank you, Tim.

contender1
04-13-2014, 10:54 PM
I left home Thursday for a USPSA match in Ga. Of the many thoughts I had all weekend I kept returning to; "I wonder how Felix is doing?" I didn't have easy computer access, and I just got home a little while ago. I saw this thread.
I too want to thank Tim for visiting Felix "for all of us" so to speak.
My prayers continue.

D Crockett
04-13-2014, 11:25 PM
this is the kind of man Felix is. a kind and giving man a few years ago I had a lube problem . so I pm Felix with my problem and in a very short time he took time out of his day to pm me back with a answer that I still use today and I still have the pm to . he gave very much to this forum and still is not even knowing the people he is helping new and old casters alike. I for one will miss the threads he wrights. like contender1 said thank you Tim for visiting Felix for us. and my prayers go out to Felix and his family. D Crockett

butch2570
04-14-2014, 12:06 AM
Oh My, I don't know how I have missed all this until now, I'm saddened at this , Prayers out to Felix. Tim, your heart is one of gold .

David2011
04-14-2014, 12:50 AM
Thank you for representing us all, Tim. You're a true Gentleman.

David

Ramar
04-14-2014, 03:55 AM
Thank you Tim. Your a good man!
Ramar

Charlie Two Tracks
04-14-2014, 01:01 PM
Even though it's been said before, thanks Tim. May God bless you.

Pb2au
04-14-2014, 01:05 PM
Thank you very much Tim.

TenTea
04-14-2014, 01:33 PM
May the blessings be...

searcher4851
04-14-2014, 02:54 PM
Well done, Tim. Thank you.

shdwlkr
04-14-2014, 06:13 PM
Tim
You did good and it was nice to have a picture to put with felix. Sad to think we are losing another great member.
Life is an unknown for most of us.

Lloyd Smale
04-15-2014, 06:20 AM
have you heard any updates tim?

Wis. Tom
04-15-2014, 09:54 AM
Thank you Tim, and may God comfort Felix, and his family, through this time, with blessings that only He can bring, and thank you fellow posters, as in this world of perpetual darkness, light shines brightly, through compassion and kindness.

JeffinNZ
04-15-2014, 06:25 PM
I don't remember ever having to say good bye to someone in this way so can't imagine how hard it must have been.

Felix has contributed a huge amount to us however and he leaves shooting better off for his time and efforts. Plenty of people leave this world after doing nothing but take. While he will be a loss his gift of knowledge is our gain and his legacy.

BPT
04-15-2014, 07:29 PM
I am Trey. I have known Felix for 18 years or so. I do not know how he has been yesterday or today, but Sunday he was worn out from getting to see Tim and talking guns with him all day (He enjoyed every minute of it). His family and I thank Tim and everyone here for the support.

I am happy to have been blessed with being able to go straight to him for all of my reloading/casting questions. I am no where near his level of knowledge, so I shall be here more. I leave yall with a picture of a little I have learned from Felix.

Trey

dragonrider
04-15-2014, 07:33 PM
Tim. Thanks for sharing

Maven
04-15-2014, 07:53 PM
I don't remember ever having to say good bye to someone in this way so can't imagine how hard it must have been.

Felix has contributed a huge amount to us however and he leaves shooting better off for his time and efforts. Plenty of people leave this world after doing nothing but take. While he will be a loss his gift of knowledge is our gain and his legacy.

Jeff has it exactly right! I "met" Felix years ago on the old Shooters' Talk site and was impressed with his expertise and willingness to unconditionally share his knowledge with us. He and I corresponded several times and will always cherish that. Needless to say, I am shocked beyond words to learn that his health took a turn for the worse and confess I will miss him and his presence on this site dearly. Godspeed, my friend!

ssnow
04-15-2014, 10:38 PM
"GoodSteel". What a name!!! I liked it immediately the first time I saw it :)

But I have learned it's more than a forum name. It describes the character of the Man who wears it.

I'd say Thanks, but you'd say it's nothing, because that what folks made of good steel do.

But it is Something, something very special.

So Thanks for being there, it's a difficult thing to do.

lbaize3
04-16-2014, 12:20 PM
Thank you, Tim. Words simply fail me.

AggieEE
04-16-2014, 06:17 PM
Thank you Goodsteel.

Echo
04-18-2014, 11:23 AM
Thanks, Tim...

HABCAN
04-18-2014, 03:28 PM
Tim, THANK YOU! And, ssnow's post #106 says it for me, too, better than I could myself.

smokeywolf
04-21-2014, 08:28 PM
Anyone have an update on Felix?

smokeywolf

wallenba
04-22-2014, 12:56 AM
Thinking of Felix today, any updates?

Ajax
04-22-2014, 05:34 AM
Thinking of Felix myself can we please get a update?

Andy

MBTcustom
04-22-2014, 09:21 AM
Felix is still with us, but just barely. The time is short

SharpsShooter
04-22-2014, 09:34 AM
May God greet you as a friend Felix and ease the sorrows of those left behind....

SS

Artful
04-22-2014, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the update Tim.

gbrown
04-22-2014, 08:30 PM
I was very fortunate to be with both my mother and dad at the time of their passing. It's sad, but at the same time, a blessing--I was there for them! Strange stuff. There is no relating to it. Just can't say. Time has passed, and the pain is not as great. I just celebrate who they were and what they did with and FOR me. Thanks, Tim for sharing, and may Felix's time be peaceful. Same as with my parents, let's celebrate what Felix added to our lives.

smokeywolf
04-23-2014, 05:20 AM
Thanks Tim, for the update.

"let's celebrate what Felix added to our lives." Very well said gbrown.

smokeywolf

Charlie Two Tracks
04-23-2014, 07:43 AM
Thank you Tim for keeping us informed.

Bad Water Bill
04-23-2014, 01:13 PM
TIM (Goodsteel) just reported that Felix has left us and is in a far better place.

TheDoctor
04-23-2014, 01:19 PM
He will be missed until the next get together.

PbHurler
04-23-2014, 01:31 PM
I hope to meet you one day Felix, rest in joyous peace.

slim1836
04-23-2014, 01:39 PM
He lives on in our memories and his contributions.

Rest in peace.

Slim

Comrade Mike
04-23-2014, 01:41 PM
Wonderful read. I never got to know Felix but I absolutely love this community.

Estalio
05-15-2014, 11:00 PM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?241905-The-Life-Of-The-Goolden-Boolit-and-master-of-Lube-Felix