PDA

View Full Version : More Rossi M92 report

armednfree
04-11-2014, 09:58 AM
I fixed the feeding issue with the stainless follower. When I took it apart I found out that I probably really didn't need the stainless one. As it turned out, the gun had two followers in it right on top of each other. Since the followers don't marry together I figure the one was camming in the tube. I put the stainless one in anyway. Works great now.

I shot the store bought 250 grain cast boolits. I used 13 grains of Bluedot. Fairly accurate and all, and seemed to hit with some authority. I really don't think I would hesitate to shoot a deer with that load out to 60 yards or so. Some lead in the barrel, not real bad, didn't seem to effect accuracy much.

Here's the thing about that boolit, they use that hard blue lube. IMHO that sucks. I think they use it not because it's best, but because it is hard and is not messy. I bet that when I use that weight and charge with the 50/50 lube it will not lead at all.

Now I have a bunch of Lee TL 230 grain TC boolits I made. I'm going to load that up with Unique, kinda stiff, and crimp in the top lube groove. We'll see how that goes.

osteodoc08
04-11-2014, 10:12 AM
Remind me what caliber?

Good luck with your reloading endeavor. I've been using RandyRats Tac1 with good success. As soon as I use up my LBT Blue, I'm gonna order more from him. Plus it's my favorite color....green.

Pb2au
04-11-2014, 04:46 PM
That blue lube is hard just to facilitate shipping.

armednfree
04-11-2014, 11:40 PM
45 Colt, yeah. blue junk is junk. If I had many more I'd toss them in the 45-45-10. I've done that, kind of makes the blue stuff like limp plastic, but it doesn't seem to hurt anything.