PDA

View Full Version : A little bit of not bad news.

Harter66
04-10-2014, 02:22 PM
Maybe I've lead a gifted life or maybe I just look beyond the disaster and see the new life,the Phenix from the ashes if you will. I've never looked half a glass of water and dwelt on whether it were full or empty.

It is sad to learn that we are loosing long time well liked members, we'll see them on the other side . I am inspired to see 15 pages of farewells to Felix. It's nice to get a PM saying ''that was a moving story about Bing/Bill/Family it really got me''. I know that we can't always post the '' my grandson took his 1st step today'' or '' I hit the lottery I'm buying the 1st 100 posters a new NOE of there choice''. Dammit there has got to be some sunshine some place.

Well here's mine .
2 yr ago my folks just packed up (sorta) and moved to Ar from Walker Lake Nv. 2100 sqft house on an acre w/2400 sqft of workshop on an acre looking over 500,000 acres of Walker lake's surface. That sucks it 3500 miles round trip for me and the grands and great grands at Christ mas. I'm making the house payments for them and I get the Lake house and as an only child I will eventually have the 25 acres in Ar,I'm in no hurry though. Last yr I worked 22 weeks having been laid off from my government contract ,union represented job of 17yr. (How's that thing about the CIC and unions go again?) So I hauled 4 loads of the folks stuff 1700 miles 1 way basically on my dime ,really just to get it out of the house and shop.(I can use all but 1 room in the house and almost half the shop.)This yr they said ''how was your Christmas? go to class for 3 days check out at 400 Thursday Every trip back I've broken something from blown tires in BFNM to yesterday afternoon when while fixing a fender on the trailer I found a broken spring . I decided to stay a month this time and get in on the snow goose slaughter,they left the week before I got to Ar. The week after I got here my GF blew the rear end in our other truck at home so shes driving my kids 1 ton 4x 7? Dodge 8MPG wonder till I get home .

Hell of a mess wouldn't ya say ?

I've met 5 members from here and attened a gathering here ,well in Mo,from another shooting forum where I met 15 members. Played host to a western Nv gathering where I met 15 CB members. The quality of time spent w/ my folks in the last 2 yr has been better than probably any other 2 weeks in the last 30yr. I've got grown kids that can loan me a car . I've been awed over and over by the character of internet friends Tim Malcolm comes to mind Fly and others too.

As for my broken trailer ? Well I went to the recycler and found a spare main leaf and a new spring pack,along w/157# of cast boolits ,ingots and some WWs for $52. I'll have 2 cords of oak to take home to cover some of my gas and the Tx hog shoot isn't a wash yet.

Friends no matter how bleak it looks somewhere in it all there is going to be a bright spot whether it 2 qts of 38 wadcutters in a bucket of junk or knowing that those gone are in a better place . Chin up you can sow the fields but they won't grow w/o some rain.

Alvarez Kelly
04-10-2014, 03:46 PM
It sounds like you and I think alike. I seem to find the silver lining in most things.

There is always something to be thankful for.

starmac
04-10-2014, 04:38 PM
Life is full of surprises, some god some bad. I have learned to accept, that everything happens for a reason, and just deal with them accordlingly. I missed an on ramp during a short blizzard that occured during Denvers rush hour traffic. While cussing myself I drove by a 35 vehicle pile with fatalities, watching it all happen from the service road. I was sure glad god caused me to miss that on ramp.

osteodoc08
04-10-2014, 09:48 PM
Life can definitely be one of those 4
Letter Words, however, you've gotta keep your head up as it will be a bridge to
better days.

silverado
04-10-2014, 10:20 PM
I may be leaving my home due to having to move for work. We have a nice house with great neighbors, but we might have to move, we can rent it out but it isn't much better as my family has to leave home. But I hope that in the end the great creator has a plan and everything will work out. Keep praying and hope that the good Lord has a plan for you is all I can say.

Idaho Mule
04-10-2014, 10:35 PM
Harter66, I always love your up-beat attitude. Life is what YOU make of it folks. As Harter says, work hard, keep your head down and plugging along and remember to smile every day and truly appreciate what you DO have. I guess that's my 2 penny's worth. JW

silverado
04-10-2014, 10:38 PM
I met my wife online sad to say but I will go and say that no other woman could make me happier and we have a perfect marriage, nary a fight or argument, we have similar ideals, both fairly conservative, and get along wonderfully. All because a kid from south georgia got stationed in guam, and a girl from the phillipines moved to guam. I do believe that everything has a purpose. I just try to live an honest life and the good Lord takes care of me better than I ever could.

DougGuy
04-10-2014, 10:43 PM
Heh, love the glass half full/empty analogy, me I'm just glad there's something in it! I wonder how many people go through their day without taking time to appreciate the little things. Why they call them little things I will never know cause they are anything BUT little..

Thanks for posting..

km101
04-12-2014, 01:38 AM
" Chin up you can sow the fields but they won't grow w/o some rain. " Gotta' remember this line! I sums things up pretty well. And we have to remember that we could not appreciate the good times unless we have known some bad times!

Hope that you can remain positive, as you are an inspiration to all of us here at Cast Boolits!

Harter66
04-12-2014, 06:04 PM
Thanks guys,
I just get so weary w/ the negative down beat stuff ,I guess I'm just the guy that takes the time to say ''It can't all be bad ,the sun came up,if you're reading this,odds are pretty good you're on top of the grass.''