PDA

View Full Version : Wonky RCBS 45-225-RN shot.

Vulcan Bob
04-07-2014, 10:42 PM
Hi there, for a full blow by blow account see my previous post ( RCBS 45-225-RN help). Anyhoo, I did load fifty of these boolits in .45 ACP and took em out to the range today. They seat crooked, the only part of boolit at .452" being the base band, only .442" diameter where the taper crimp goes and required reducing the taper crimp to .466" to get full boolit to case contact. I did not expect a lot from these! Shot em at 15 yards off the bench and did not expect to even hit paper, but low and behold they shot somewhat well, near to POA as well. All fifty but three went into one ragged hole about two x two inch's. Not great but a lot better than expected and with no bore leading out of my Remington R1. I didn't have the heart to shoot any at twenty five yards. Called RCBS after I got home and am going to ship the mold to them for some work. The remaining boolits will be added to my next COWW smelting session, good for flux too as they are already sized and lubed. Thanks for looking folks and have a good night!