PDA

View Full Version : Get a $7K grant tax free you don't have to pay back from uncle sugar.....

gew98
04-04-2014, 07:40 PM
.... Got a phone call at 6:30pm eastern from 302-191-5555 and the person stated I have been "awarded" a $7 grand grant I don't have to pay back and it's tax free from the goobermint. I interrupted him with "what does this have to do with me". He started on a speil of free money no strings attached from uncle sugar.... and I stopped him by talkiing over him and letting him know I have no interest in anything the goobermint has. He then went on a speil as it could be donated and what charity I owuld want it to go to... I told him to put it to the fuggin NRA. He wished me a good night and hung up.
Is this some nefarious goobermint pre election post barky care propaganda vote buying scheme ?. Love to hear form anyone that knows how to research that phone number for where and whom it originated. May just be a good barky demorat buy the votes program the pooblik is not supposed to know about.

obssd1958
04-04-2014, 08:01 PM
Callercomplaints.com says that it is a spoofed number. There are a lot of others complaining of the same thing you wrote about above. Sounds like an attempt at identity theft.

cbrick
04-04-2014, 08:24 PM
302 is Delaware.
Look here:

Area Code List (http://www.bennetyee.org/ucsd-pages/area.html)

Rick

rondog
04-04-2014, 08:31 PM
http://www.callercomplaints.com/SearchResult.aspx?Phone=302-191-5555

beagle
04-04-2014, 09:53 PM
Give 'em hello over that. The daughter responded to an add for local dog sitting. I checked out the scam and sure enough, it is a scam and run pretty slick. The advertiser want's a dog sitter for three weeks while they make a move to the local area. They offer a good rate. They send a company check covering the apartment rent for them and including pet sitting. You're suppose to cash it and pay a realtor. A time factor is involved so that you can't wait for the check to clear. Of course, the check is bogus and a PO Box for the realtor so you're stuck with the bad check and out money. The check did show up and my wife held on to it. That's been about two months ago and no inquiry and response about it. People are slick. Watch 'em./beagle

41 mag fan
04-05-2014, 07:46 AM
Give 'em hello over that. The daughter responded to an add for local dog sitting. I checked out the scam and sure enough, it is a scam and run pretty slick. The advertiser want's a dog sitter for three weeks while they make a move to the local area. They offer a good rate. They send a company check covering the apartment rent for them and including pet sitting. You're suppose to cash it and pay a realtor. A time factor is involved so that you can't wait for the check to clear. Of course, the check is bogus and a PO Box for the realtor so you're stuck with the bad check and out money. The check did show up and my wife held on to it. That's been about two months ago and no inquiry and response about it. People are slick. Watch 'em./beagle

Had that happen over a dog sale a few yrs ago. The scammer was moving to California, I was supposed to cash the check which was from Wells Fargo bank for something like $2396.00
I was supposed to cash the check, send like $1800.00 to a shipper in Nashville Tn thru Western Union, who was going to pick up the pup here.
The Check came from NY NY thru Fed Ex.
My bank checked it out and it came back a bogus check.

William Yanda
04-05-2014, 08:55 AM
If a deal seems too good to be true it probably is.

gray wolf
04-05-2014, 09:52 AM
There is no free lunch

cbrick
04-05-2014, 09:55 AM
There is no free lunch

Very true!

BUT if you should happen to get one Uncle Sam wants his cut!

Rick