PDA

View Full Version : I cancelled Christmas

eka
12-29-2007, 08:46 PM
I went to the range today to shoot my old 10 gauge double barrel. I got all my junk all set up and some of the guys around came over and saw I was preparing to shoot this old timer. Well I had a small gathering wanting to see this old ten gauge go off. That's about when I realized my capper was back at home in my hunting pouch. Man you'd think I cancelled Christmas. Those guys looked to be more disappointed than I was.

All wasn't lost, any day at the gun club is a good day.

Keith

macvcallsign
12-30-2007, 12:55 AM
Boy Oh Boy, We must be getting old! Easiest way to remember that you have everything when you go to the range(I learned the hard way to) is to have lots of spares, I always have an extra can of caps in the shooting box along with the other 300 things that seem to end up in the same box over the years.lol. I keep looking at all that stuff and say to myself "I have never used that or what is that doing in there" but the first time I leave it at home I'll need it! Never fails..
Merry Christmas..
Dennis

mooman76
12-30-2007, 12:55 PM
Seems like I can't go to the range without forgetting something nowadays. I got spares but forget those too. I started carrying spare guns that way if I forget something for one gun at least it wasn't a waisted trip, I have another gun the shoot!

northmn
12-30-2007, 08:48 PM
Mooman, for me the forgetting seems to be caused by grey hairs. I've been temped to try Grecian formula to see if that won't help.

Northmn

Freightman
12-30-2007, 09:26 PM
Grey has nothing to do with memory! my memory is as good as it ever......what are we talking about I don't recall!

I Haines
01-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Man you'd think I cancelled Christmas.

It's kinda like the disappointment a kid feels when the ice cream falls off his cone.

:(

mooman76
01-05-2008, 09:20 PM
It's kinda like the disappointment a kid feels when the ice cream falls off his cone.

:(

No! I think it's more like when he opens his presents expecting the toy(gun) he was waiting for and gets clothes!

Saint
01-20-2008, 05:38 AM
I own 5 muzzleloaders and every time I go to the range I forget something so I broke down and put myself at the governments mercy to by a glock 9mm. Now I take it every time I go to the range just in case I forget something for the muzzleloader I bring. It gets to be a real pain having 4 different calibers and separate accessories for each caliber.

waksupi
01-20-2008, 12:46 PM
I have pouches for each different bore size for my ML's. My powderhorn is separate, so all I have to do, is be sure I get the right bag!

mooman76
01-20-2008, 06:29 PM
I bought a tackel box to put my stuff in. Not very authentic but it holds everything I need.

northmn
01-31-2008, 10:51 AM
Good Luck fellows. I used to carry a tackle box full of stuff to shoots and to the ranges to make sure I remembered everything. there was some comments about being a "tackle box" shooter such that I would fill my possibles bag out of the box and shoot using the powder horn and stuff I threw in the bag at shoots. Even so, one time I hade to use napkins from the concession stand because I forgot to bring enough wads for my shotgun to complete a trap shoot. Another time I had to buy round balls from a dealer with a blanket set up at the range because I forget to bring some for my wife. They say as we age that memory is the first thing to go and its hard to remember the second thing. Glad I forgot the second thing or else I might be miserable. Good luck good shooting.

Northmn