PDA

View Full Version : Nei problem?

moose0011
03-28-2014, 06:24 PM
Has anybody ordered anything from NEI recently and had any problems?

runfiverun
03-28-2014, 08:31 PM
ever since walt died.

Ben
03-28-2014, 08:36 PM
When Walt died, things went down hill fast.

Ben

BruceB
03-29-2014, 12:31 AM
I ordered an NEI mould for my .404 several years ago.

It was delivered to me in Nevada EIGHT DAYS after I telephoned the order in.

The mould casts perfect bullets, at the stated weight and diameter. The bullets are almost 100%-accurate duplicates of the factory 400-grain bullets, as far as shape and feeding go.

There is nothing to criticize about this piece of equipment; it does its job and the bullets produced are truly excellent.

All this came about several years after Walt Melander passed away.

wallenba
03-29-2014, 01:56 AM
I got one a few years ago. Total junk. The top punch it came with was even off center. How do you do that?

HARRYMPOPE
03-29-2014, 02:22 AM
They are very poor in general lately.I have seen two ordered the last three years and how they got out the door was unbelievable.Out of round,pins not closing right(falling out),sprue plate canted etc.....
I knew Walt and visited his shop quite a bit and he occasionally put out a dog<G>If you told him that he would black list you(no kidding)
He was the mold Nazi......."no molds for you!"

George

BruceB
03-29-2014, 03:25 AM
Whew.... seems like I just barely avoided the onset of the "problem period"!

I don't recall the exact timing of my order for the .404 mould, but time sure has a way of slipping away.
I have a few other NEI moulds that pre-date that newest one, and they are (of course) just fine.

EDIT: I just went back in the archives and discovered (shudder) that I actually ordered the NEI .404 mould in April of......good grief.... 2006! Eight years ago!

No wonder it's said that once we're over the hill, we ACCELERATE.

Sheesh.

moose0011
03-29-2014, 09:41 AM
I don't like bad mouthing a company at all however, I ordered a top punch from them a month ago and I called once a week and emailed a couple times. Not trying to rush but wanted help planning. I have a hog hunt in 2 weeks I wanted to use these bullets but they need to be sized. He answered my email a month ago. And I called last week. And got O no problem you will have your top punch this week. So I was super excited. So yesterday came and a box came for me from them. I was so excited until I opened the box. It was a zip lock bag with a cast bullet in it. I was really confused. I called 2 times no answer or response and emailed them and they haven't responded yet. It is starting to get old. The bad thing is he told me he has emailed me more than once. Well I emailed him from 3 different accounts and only got one reply in the beginning. After they got my money I got nothing....