PDA

View Full Version : Theft

Ickisrulz
03-28-2014, 05:53 PM
My workshop and truck were broken into on Wednesday night while we were sleeping.

The hosers got away with about $1000 worth of stuff, but it could have been much worse. No reloading equipment, guns or casting stuff was taken...just some tools. We let our security slip since we were out in the country. Not again. We've taken some serious precautions.

I forgot how bad it feels when someone sneaks around while you're sleeping and goes through your things, taking what they want.

Hickok
03-28-2014, 06:01 PM
Get a good dog, he will be your best friend. He will let you know when to get your firearm!

LUBEDUDE
03-28-2014, 06:02 PM
Man, I feel for ya. I sure hope someone catches those low lifes in the act and gives them what they deserve.

Maybe your stuff will surface at a pawn shop 100 miles or so away.

Best to ya!

shooter93
03-28-2014, 06:10 PM
It's a sad state of affairs and seems so much more prevalent now. I hate the thought. It shouldn't matter if your door was wide open the people who did this knew exactly what they were doing. I'm pretty lucky in my area because when people are away neighbors watch the house and a friend comes in everyday to check things over. He's easily reconized by the neighbore but one year he had purchased a new truck. The neighbors saw a "strange" truck in my driveway one evening and when he came out twp trucks were blocking my driveway. They recognized my ol' pard of course and things were fine but it does give your comfort level a boost.

2AMMD
03-28-2014, 06:44 PM
shooter93.
That's how it used to be almost everywhere. Not that way anymore for most of us. Wish it still was. You are fortunate.
2AMMD

buckwheatpaul
03-28-2014, 06:53 PM
We live 750 ft off of the road .... with a gate that stays locked......you might try an alarm system with a siren....big dog....geese are great watch pets......just because you are in the country doesnt make you less a victim.....hope you get your things back......

Gabriel91309
03-28-2014, 07:11 PM
I just had my ice fishing sled with everything in it taken out of the back of my truck...making things worst I had just borrowed my brothers 10"gas auger...now I need to buy him another one! Sucks

country gent
03-28-2014, 07:21 PM
Notify all the pawn shops and flea markets of what was stolen and any serial numbers available, They dont want the stigmatisum of selling stollen goods any more than you wanted it stolen. Normally they not only will refuse it but will notify the police also of it. I had shooting gear stolen from my truck years ago. Next morning I made up the list with any serial numbers descriptions Identifing markings and e-mailed it to a friends pawn shop, He forwarded it on to all he knew in the buisness. Most turned up by a dumpster a couple months later ( after ins had payed off). It became to hard to sell after every place knew it was stolen.

Pb2au
03-28-2014, 07:22 PM
Thieves are scum. Parasites on the back of honest people.

Rick Hodges
03-28-2014, 07:43 PM
X-2..!

DHurtig
03-28-2014, 07:56 PM
The only things worse are vandals , adulterers and child molesters.

Ickisrulz
03-28-2014, 09:05 PM
We have two dogs. They are pit bulls, but are inside dogs. So we are safe inside anyway.

Our next door neighbor is great and watches stuff better than anyone else I've lived next to. In fact, he was driving around looking for clues when I told him what happened. It's just with the wind that night no one heard anything.

We now have an alarm system that is monitored and includes all the out buildings. I will check the pawn shops some, but don't have serial numbers nor markings on my stuff. I figure it's long gone.

wnmGng
03-28-2014, 09:12 PM
I had someone messing around on my front porch a few days ago but my dogs scared them off before they could get away with anything, I imagine they were trying to make off with the furniture, since I put it out a couple days before.
Hope you get your stuff back. People need to make their own money and buy their own things.

leftiye
03-29-2014, 04:59 AM
Get a good dog, he will be your best friend. He will let you know when to get your firearm!

(Get a good Rottweiler, can't be beat)

Pb2au
03-29-2014, 06:52 AM
My dog Frank is a very quiet dog, and not a fighter. But he will growl and bark at anyone that steps foot in his yard.
When we leave the house, the joke is "Did you set the Frank alarm?"