PDA

View Full Version : Some Vandal Littered my Driveway

beagle
03-25-2014, 11:17 AM
Yeah, some dirty dog littered my driveway. I have a fairly steep driveway that slopes on a curve downhill about 400 feet to connect with the main road between a pair of dry rock columns and a dry rock fence in front of the place which is pre civil war. It’s the wife’s pride and joy and she’ll take the leaf blower and blow all debris off it. Triple row of daffodils in front of the dry rock fence and a vintage cattle guard before you leave the property.

I’d noticed something on it a day or so ago on it but was always watching for traffic so I wasn’t looking closely as I was slowing down to cross the cattle guard at the same time.

Yesterday, I was making a leisurely run to town and took some time to examine what I’d noticed previously.

Yes, for sure my nice clean driveway had been desecrated by some vandal.

It wasn’t the neighborhood coyote.

It wasn’t the hillside full of robins that normally whitewash it this time of year.

It wasn’t the pair of grey foxes that den across the road in the river bank.

It wasn’t the red-tailed hawk that catches mice and then casually picks them apart and dines on the rock columns at the entrance.

It wasn’t the opossum that crosses under the culvert and leaves a muddy trail across the blacktop as he makes his nightly rounds.

It was a dastardly non bullet caster. I could tell that quickly.

I guess he figured he was littering my property but that’s all right.

Whoever the person was, he left me a clean lead clip-on wheel weight about 5 inches long right in the middle of the driveway and I'm thankful for it.

And I thank whoever it was for the gesture and welcome him back. It’s now residing in my pot awaiting the next melt.

May your vandalism be as lucky./beagle

shredder
03-25-2014, 11:32 AM
Hee Hee! Not quite what I expected! You know you are a real scrounger when......

Dframe
03-25-2014, 11:38 AM
I guess some vandals just aren't as bad as others.

Wayne Smith
03-25-2014, 11:39 AM
I've picked them up off the street and in parking lots. Yeah, I plead guilty.

Three-Fifty-Seven
03-25-2014, 11:40 AM
zinc! ;)

oldred
03-25-2014, 12:05 PM
I've picked them up off the street and in parking lots. Yeah, I plead guilty.

No joke! I have made it a habit to look around parking lots when walking into a store, particularly a busy place like Wally World. Not sure why wheel weights seem to fall off in parking lots (my theory is bumping from shopping carts maybe??) but over the last couple of years I have been doing this it has been surprising how many I have picked up.

Three-Fifty-Seven
03-25-2014, 12:26 PM
corner ...

robertjneff2000
03-25-2014, 12:32 PM
No shame in it, I pick up pennies and any stray ww

w5pv
03-25-2014, 12:48 PM
When my kids were in their teens,some of their friends was going to do the toilet paper thing and roll my place but I had this Red Cur dog that I would turn loose at dark to kindly look after things for me.You know dem kids left me six or seven rolls of good clean toilet paper,unused and no skid marks.

Blacksmith
03-25-2014, 02:37 PM
Beagle didn't have to scrounge it was delivered.

CastingFool
03-25-2014, 02:42 PM
I like it when some lazy bums throw empty pop cans or beer cans on my lawn. Michigan has a 10 cent deposit on those. What I don't like is the fast food wrappers, and empty bags.
Our house got tp'd twice when we first moved here. We have two big maples, 3 big spruces and a couple of oaks in our front yard. From the empty wrappers I picked up, I figured the kids used 72 rolls of toilet paper. Some they just left behind. I still have some in the garage, use it to wipe my nose when my hands are dirty. lol

crazy mark
03-25-2014, 03:56 PM
Find the guilty party and have him bring you 3 gal pails of good wheel weights.

rondog
03-25-2014, 04:08 PM
Sounds like you have a nice place there Beagle!

beagle
03-25-2014, 05:58 PM
Good view, good people and an 1830s farmhouse and shooting neighbors. Can't beat it./beagle

RED333
03-26-2014, 08:45 PM
My son laughs when I pick up a WW and say "BOOLITS".

skeet1
03-26-2014, 10:05 PM
beagle,
Before you melt that WW you might want to check you car and make sure it's not yours.

Ken

rollmyown
03-27-2014, 09:07 PM
Vandals in my neck of the woods have gone to work on graves. Hard to believe anyone could do such a thing.

C. Latch
03-27-2014, 09:14 PM
I work on road ROWs pretty much every day and on days that we're anywhere in a town, I expect to pick up a COWW or two or three. I think I got 3 today. We get very few out in the country, but I did find a whole battery terminal one day last week.

The best places to look are just beyond RR crossings. The BEST place to look is at the first stop sign past a tire shop. Apparently a lot of weights fall off right after they're installed. Any intersection, 4-way stop, or red light will yield a COWW or two.

a.squibload
04-01-2014, 06:42 AM
Hey Beagle, that's my WW, I just left it there for you to look at...

Hardcast416taylor
04-01-2014, 08:45 AM
Thats about a 3 oz. weight if it`s 5" long. I stop to pick up pennies as well as WW when I`m out shopping. Funny how people will turn up their nose at any coin on the ground that is less than a silver dollar! I remember a windy day getting some gas with the few dollars I had that day and spotted a $5 bill blown against the woven wire fence at the gas station. How many other people saw it and ignored it I can`t imagine, the Lord knew I needed gas money and provided!Robert