PDA

View Full Version : Funny how people are.

starmac
03-20-2014, 02:37 AM
I went to a guys place today to buy a mold (the first I have seen here). The guy is getting ready to move out so is getting rid of bunches of guns and related components. He had a nice gunroom in the back of his garage And a huge safe full of everything from chapped lips to athletes feet. Last weekend he had a garage sale, that was all just reloading stuff (wish I had of known) and 3 young guys came in. He couldn't keep up with them all and when they left he noticed a coffee can full of 40 sand w brass was gone. It is free at the indoor range here supposedly and people walk all over it at the outdoor range, yet they stole it while there were bags and cans full of all kinds of both rifle and pistol brass, some new some used. I had to laugh when he told me about it. I did get some 338 mag brass from him.
In fact even though it was a mold I have been watching for, it turned out to be expensive. lol By the time I made it home, I had made my mind up to go back tomorrow and pick up an old ideal 44 mold he has, but I probably should pass. lol

blackthorn
03-20-2014, 10:18 AM
If you pass---you will likely regret it! I usually do.

richhodg66
03-20-2014, 10:39 AM
When I lived in ALaska, I was always suprised at how many yard sales actually had a whole bunch of reloading and gun stuff, and I remember a few like that, the guy was abandoning Alaska and had to sell all his toys.

Got some good deals on stuff, gun shows too. I really don't want to move back, but it was definitely the most gun-nut user friendly place I ever lived.

I bought an old Marlin lever gun from a gun show in Anchorage. I had seen it on Saturday, mulled it overnight, and decided to go back and get it Sunday after church. That morning we had our oldest son's, who was less than a month old at the time, baby dedication at church, so I was dressed up more than usual. We drove down town and the Fur Rondy was going on so the whole place was crowded and the wife wasn't gonna go in and had to park the car a long way off. I went in, bought the rifle, then back out to the car (I nearly froze, didn't realize how lightly dressed I was and how long a walk it was). Once back to the car I thought, there's no place else a guy in a blue suit carrying a rifle could just casually walk though a busy city street in broad day light and nobody even bat an eye about it. I don't think that would happen even here in Kansas, it really would be unusual just about anywhere anymore.

pdawg_shooter
03-20-2014, 12:14 PM
When I lived in ALaska, I was always suprised at how many yard sales actually had a whole bunch of reloading and gun stuff, and I remember a few like that, the guy was abandoning Alaska and had to sell all his toys.

Got some good deals on stuff, gun shows too. I really don't want to move back, but it was definitely the most gun-nut user friendly place I ever lived.

I bought an old Marlin lever gun from a gun show in Anchorage. I had seen it on Saturday, mulled it overnight, and decided to go back and get it Sunday after church. That morning we had our oldest son's, who was less than a month old at the time, baby dedication at church, so I was dressed up more than usual. We drove down town and the Fur Rondy was going on so the whole place was crowded and the wife wasn't gonna go in and had to park the car a long way off. I went in, bought the rifle, then back out to the car (I nearly froze, didn't realize how lightly dressed I was and how long a walk it was). Once back to the car I thought, there's no place else a guy in a blue suit carrying a rifle could just casually walk though a busy city street in broad day light and nobody even bat an eye about it. I don't think that would happen even here in Kansas, it really would be unusual just about anywhere anymore.

What part of Kansas are you in? East of Dodge City here.

richhodg66
03-20-2014, 12:33 PM
Living in Topeka now, but still have a house in Milford and plan to live there when I retire for good. I love it there. I tell people I'm not from Kansas, but I got here as fast as I could.

GOPHER SLAYER
03-20-2014, 03:43 PM
starmac, what old 44 Ideal mold was it? The world want's to know, I want to know.

pdawg_shooter
03-20-2014, 09:26 PM
Living in Topeka now, but still have a house in Milford and plan to live there when I retire for good. I love it there. I tell people I'm not from Kansas, but I got here as fast as I could.

I have a place on 80 acres of ground where I can doo all the shooting I want. Out to 800 yards anyway.

TXGunNut
03-20-2014, 09:49 PM
starmac, what old 44 Ideal mold was it? The world want's to know, I want to know.

Dunno but I wouldn't have walked away from it...and I don't cast, seldom load for a .43. Hope it's there when he goes back.