PDA

View Full Version : Face to face visit with Lubedude today

bear67
03-19-2014, 09:27 PM
Had the opportunity to meet Lubedude halfway between our shops today--all of 12 miles or so. We visited over drinks at the Dairy Queen for couple hours. He is just a kid, kidding but then everybody seems younger than the Bear, and we talked loading, casting, old equipment and shooting for a couple of hours. It seems we had talked about getting together for awhile, but never worked out. Really a good guy to put a face with a CB handle. I am sure we will get together at one of our shops/houses and continue this gabfest.

I did not mention it to Dave, but I have thought about hosting an East Texas get together where we could meet, greet, swap and maybe even shoot some Saturday. Heck, I might be talked into cooking lunch. I have met several fellow casters and CB members that are in easy driving distance which in Texas sometimes is 250 miles. Consider this a feeler and reply if you might be interested in a "Texas Castflab."

TXGunNut
03-19-2014, 09:59 PM
Quite possible, I'm north of the D/FW metromess.

JeffinNZ
03-19-2014, 10:27 PM
Half way between you and I is French Polynesia. I'm keen if you are. LOL.

LUBEDUDE
03-19-2014, 11:39 PM
I enjoyed meeting you too Bear! Great to place a face with forum name. I'd definitely be up for a CB get together.
Good Idea.

LUBEDUDE
03-19-2014, 11:40 PM
Half way between you and I is French Polynesia. I'm keen if you are. LOL.

You gave me a good laugh Jeff!

xbeeman412
03-20-2014, 08:46 AM
I have a farm in Daingerfield and go thre all the time. Just need heads up of a few days.

I met tengaugetx, from the area, and his a few weeks ago. They came to the farm and had a quick crash lesson in Beekeeping. I took some pictures of them and had a hard time to recover them from the camera.

Will try to upload them.100040100041

The two on the left in the new suits are Tenga and his son. I am not in a bee suit the wife is. Other man is a new to beekeeping lad.

bear67
03-20-2014, 09:17 AM
Jeff
Is French Polynesia the little crossroads between Pecos and Marfa in far West Texas? After the missing flight deal right now, we may not want to fly that area for a while.

LUBEDUDE
03-20-2014, 03:57 PM
Well, Xbee can bring the honey any and biscuits!

xbeeman412
03-20-2014, 04:00 PM
That I can do!!